Mana Generation under buffs / debuffs in offense

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Regarding Alby’s mana regen, you are absolutely correct. So depending on the mana capacity of the hero the amount of mana units that Alby generates per turn is:

Very slow: 6% of 1350 = 81
Slow: 7% of 1200 = 84
Average: 8% of 1000 = 80
Fast: 10% of 800 = 80
Very Fast: 12% of 650 = 78

So, I averaged it out to 80 for all heroes, or as most players like to say as “0.8 times the mana units generated by 1 base tile (100 in our case)”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just double checked your work, and can confirm this to be correct. For the life of me cannot figure out why SG would program some stats to update before the match starts and others to calculate mid match

7 Likes

Nice test. Definite answer. Thank you for the work you have put on this thread.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All calculations under Example 3 have been updated considering the new version of Telluria. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll give you one for millions of hams!

I’ll give you one for more millions of hams!

This is amazing work! Thank you so much from us lazy mathematicians!

Information is power! Off to the battlefield!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Plus, I have 44 million hams in storage, I will take one purple mana troop please. :rofl:

3 Likes

Done and done! :grin::smiley::wink::smiley::joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I believe that should be 4%, right?

1 Like

Ahh, good catch. Thank you. I will rectify that. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate math. I find a chart to be more intuitive when I’m planning ahead, but your formula would make the basis of a great little program for use on the fly.

My question to you is, what can you tell me about
mana generation on defense?

You’re welcome. Yes, for simple mana generation with mana boost from troops, emblems, costumes, etc… it’s easier to create a chart because it’s more deterministic. That’s why I linked the chart under Example 1. For mana generation under buffs and debuffs, it all depends on how many tiles one has moved before and after the effects, so it’s much more harder to create a concise chart. But atleast the formula will help determine it case by case. :slight_smile:

I am not very knowledgeable on the mana generation on defense, because it is much more complicated and nonlinear in nature. But, a lot of players are trying to investigate it, so you might follow some of the posts like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ty! Awesome thread! …

1 Like

Bookmarked. Need to read it carefully…as I did some similar simpler calculations when Telly first came out.
Planing to do an interactive spreadsheet perhaps.

2 Likes

Nice work. Came to the same conclusion.

Took BT and Gormek to fight against Telly (-34% first version)…Mana bonus was different on both heroes. Got hit by Telly after doing some red matches. With the next match one of the heroes got charged (think it was BT) while the other didn’t.
This small blink opened my eyes and lead me to the same conclusion…and provided insight on how this mana concept works. :+1:

2 Likes