Li Xiu - 4* Holy / Yellow from Season 1

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Li Xiu, as well as your thoughts on Li Xiu.

Li Xiu

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Monk
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
Origin Family
Season 1 Classic
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Slash of Seven Blades
  • Deals 150% damage to all enemies.
  • Reduces the mana of enemies by 20%.

:hugs: Classic Family

:balance_scale: Balance Updates

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Li Xiu ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Li Xiu.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Li Xiu and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Li Xiu worth summoning for?

• Would you use Li Xiu on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Li Xiu ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Li Xiu as an opponent?

• Would you give Li Xiu Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Li Xiu’s character design?

• If you Summoned Li Xiu and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Li Xiu, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Li Xiu when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Li Xiu, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Li Xiu (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Li Xiu), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Li Xiu (post release)

:question: Is Li Xiu worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Li Xiu would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Li Xiu’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Cutter

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Li Xiu compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Li Xiu’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Li Xiu’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Li Xiu worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Li Xiu is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Li Xiu is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Li Xiu worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Li Xiu then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

ah, Li Xiu. she was my first Yellow 4*, I was happy to have her then. sadly she is greatly outclassed by c-Chao, Gretel, Mist…

she can still be good in the 4* arena, on defense, and she did help me through some tough early battles though!

1 Like

She and guin could the answer in shutting down xnolphod’s mana gain

Mine too! I still can remember getting her from a regular portal by using my EHTs. :woman_facepalming: (then I didn’t know it is stupid)
My first 4* hero! I stopped working on 3* heroes and wanted to ascend her as fast as possible and then… I realized that I need some rare ascension materials that I didn’t have. So I searched on the internet “empires puzzes how to get orb of magic” and I was disappointed that I can only get it from titans, chests, mystic vision… Anyway, I still have her fully emblemed… I’m way too sentimental.

2 Likes

I also got her from a regular portal - the Yellow Elemental summoN! though I did it on purpose, by then I had like 2-3 4* per color EXCEPT yellow, and I desperately wanted one. so no regrets there

wow, what a story, your very first 4*, holds a special place still?:stuck_out_tongue:

my stupidest summon mistake though was spending 200 gems in the daily summon, I clicked by mistake… I was so angry I almost rage quit lol. Got a Raghnild!

1 Like

Yes! I found out that she still good in very fast/no dark tournaments, so I reemblemed her to give her more defence and health, I maxed her costume and I want to limit brake her soon!

Well… I think I spent gems in troop portal… Back then I didn’t know that it is not a way you spend your hard-earned gems! ^^
Regarding EHTs - I summoned with them my first 5* - Quintus. Poor Quintus still is at 3/70. :frowning:

2 Likes

alas poor Quintus!

I also got Horghall and Elkanen pretty early, and they are still waiting, waiting, waiting for mats… :stuck_out_tongue:

It also took Obakan a while to get any love haha. I only ascended him cause I had like 12 Tabards and no other Purple 5*

but back to Li Xiu, yeah, she’s great for buying a bit of time!

2 Likes

I would say that Li Xiu is great at taking this precious time away from you^^. She can be very annoying in defence.

I will ask you about him in his thread^^.

2 Likes

Li Xiu was one of my first yellow 4* heroes when I joined the game.
I was advised by my alliance leader to level her up and put her in Tank position and she served me well in war and raids for the first 6 months.
But now when I have Gretel and Mist etc she doesn’t get used much outside of 4* fast tournaments …
Yes she is still good at what she does, but I took the emblems off her and I wouldn’t LB - it’s best to wait for better heroes that will eventually come to your roster …

1 Like

I think she´s still pretty great, especially in tournaments! :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Mist does affect Li Xiu. Li is quite useful in that she cuts mana on all. Mist slows the mana generation. So when combined, they are fricken annoying. Add in Gretel and that tourney match sucks like hell.

Very useful, and annoying hero.

2 Likes

I have to agree - as I said in particular tournaments she can be useful. Especially if you get the right synergy or colour stack etc.
But these days I don’t really recommend fully levelling a hero if it’s going to be for limited use rather than regular use. Unless someone wants to focus on tournaments in this instance maybe.
There are too many other (better) 4* holy options that deserve mats first, and the queue just gets longer in my opinion

Are all season ones getting buffed or something? It would make sense

There are new costumes coming out, so I think the board admins are putting up these threads in response.

They are not getting buffed, but they are getting 2nd costumes. @PlayForFun thought that it would be a great idea to have threads not only for 2nd costumes, but for all of S1 heroes versions. And I agree with that, begginers may want to talk about vanilla heroes.

1 Like

And what’s more. Maybe with the stat boosts some old Season 1 heroes / costumes may become relevant againt.

1 Like

Li Xiu and I never “clicked”. Coming up through platinum, etc she was a constant thorn in my side to fight. By the time I got her, she never performed FOR me as well as she did AGAINST me.

I find her cut too small. Sometimes it didn’t even buy half a turn. Her damage was also nothing. I get they tweaked the damage ratio on her costume, but it still didn’t seemingly matter when I tried to use her.

The lone exception was if I paired her with Little John. They are different speeds and colors, but they don’t necessarily need to fire simultaneously. Either way, LJ’s mana reduction makes Li’s cut feel enormous. I think it may be more a reflection of LJ.

She was always great on D up until platinum though. Definitely a longer term D hero than offense in my experience.

:beers: