Leveling 3, 4 and 5 star heroes (Analysis, Advice)

special_skill
math
analysis
leveling
advice

Very helpful thanks @NPNKY! Yes - I did get distracted by the new shiny 5s
I definitely agree on stopping on Yellow Hu @ 3/60, and Green LJ at 3/60 and saving the mats for the others. I just wasn’t sure if I was switching if I should go ahead and switch to Green 5
Lianna or not and which Red.
So Boldtusk is the one to focus on instead of Gravemaker?
And Finish Sonya in Blue instead of switching to Grimm.

In Purple is it worth it to try to spend diamonds get a different Purple 4* or is Ameonna good enough?

Again thanks so much!

Any advice on which feeder heroes to build at the training camps?

If you’re going to use gems, either the Atlantis summon in 3 days or the Christmas Event summon in December will be your best bet. You could also use them for either Knights or Guardians next time those come around. You’re far enough along to not bother with elemental summons anymore.

As for training, park your excess food and recruits in TC13 for now. Use your other TCs to run 1 at level 11 (extra low cost) and 1 at level 2 when you aren’t leveling it up. Focus on getting your stronghold and your highest TC to level 20 ASAP.

@wulflord

Also, are the leaders of your alliance helping you with your questions? They should be

split this topic #55

2 posts were split to a new topic: Epic Hero Token gives only Rare Heroes?

I have the same problem with my Bane. I’ve reached the level max and I couldn’t reach the 8/8 in abilities. I have feed him anyway but I’m still stuck. Now, I don’t now if I should keep feeding him or I should start level another Bane up.

I would start a second one. Feed the second one only yellow 1* until special is at least 6/8. After that you can feed yellow 2* as well. Keep the first one, and if you pull any more duplicates, feed him with those, but otherwise don’t bother

There’s a change in beta that will make it much less costly to “unstick” these maxed-level but non-maxed special heroes. Just leave them aside until the new version rolls in.

I am certainly keeping faith with this, it will surely help out half of my useful level 3* heroes stucked below /8

Any hint on what version that’ll be in?

Should be next version out.

Update 2019-Jan-10

With v18, 3* 3.50 are now super easy to increase the special skill to 8/8 ( edit: see table in top post- Skill roll at Max tier, Max level ).

(Version 18 Release Notes)

The only downside to using an off color trainer hero to level a 3* hero is the loss of 16.66% Hero XP, which is not inconsiderable when leveling 4* / 5* heroes, but, depending on your play style, may be better than buying hero roster slots.

Currently I am using 3* heroes to use up 1*/2* trainer heroes, unless I have a 4* hero that will be guaranteed 8/8 at 4* 3.60 or a 5* hero that will be guaranteed 8/8 at 5* 2.60 .

On the version 18 release note, does anyone have clarity regarding the statement about the special level chance being quintupled?
Does it mean 5 of the same hero can now be used to fully max the special of heroes whose specials are stuck, regardless of the position of stuck betw 1-7

Version 18 - Class Talents

Can you, please, decipher the update note regarding special skills.

I don’t think you get any credit for chances above 100%. It just means that each same-hero training guarantees to level the special, and that 10 same-color 1* also guarantees to level the special (20% x 5 = 100%). I think that’s why they quintupled it.

My take was the use of a dupe adds 25%, but four dupes did not guarantee a skill level increase no matter the 100% shown; therefor, my guess is five dupes is now guaranteed.

My guess cause that note is vague

They say “the chance for special skill level up is quintupled.”

5 * 25% = 125%, so a single dupe is a guaranteed level

Previously I have achieved special Skill each level up with 4 dups, more often than none. However if we now talk of quintupled… Possibly 5 dups, it could only worth the while if it fully max the stuck hero’s special to 8/8 irrespective of whether it was 4/8, 5/8…7/8.

Agreed the statement needs some clarification

The +% skill roll is x5:

Version 18 - Class Talents

Thanks…

…20 characters

@Rilf and I have worked on a Class Primer. Now that V 18 is starting to ship, I expect he’ll post it soon.

==Team Chat==

New skill roll equation is [#00FF00] +1% x Number of stars x ( 2 if same color, else 1 )[#][#FFD700] x ( 5 if max tier & max level, else 1)[#] So max tier, max level only needs ten 2* heroes or five 2* same color heroes or one duplicate for +100%

Until you are 8/8, the level button stays ( for several versions now ) you just get no Hero XP. Until v18, 10x 2* same color only gave you a 40% skill roll and zero XP. With v18 you get +200% ( if you split them into two groups of 5x 2* same color.

You must be 8/8 max tier, max level ( Example: 8/8 3* 3.50 ) to unlock the talent grid in your hero‘s predetermined class. Once unlocked, you use class Emblems, food & Iron to unlock levels in the hero’s class.

[#FF0000] REMEMBER skill roll over 100% is wasted, so only use ONE duplicate at a time.

New version is live !!! [#00FF00] my Brienne is now 8/8 3* 3.50 [#] thanks to new max tier max level skill roll and three duplicates ( +100% per duplicate).

Spots open 3 - [Sample Chat, Tips, Laughs] Twilights Bastion Chat- Are we a good fit for you? Then join us [Alliance advert with links]