Karil & Costume - worth leveling up or not?

Karil was the last 3* hero I got, and I fed him away, as I was working on 4* and 5* by the time he showed up. I got him from the Costume Chamber, and am looking for feedback.

I’m somewhat tight on roster space, and he only will see any use in 3* limited things, and maybe the Tavern of Legends, but I have plenty of 3* for that. I have all the Season 1 blue 3* heroes already maxed, plus Gato, Vodnik, & Chick Jr.

• Costumed Karil is good
  • Costumed Karil is so-so
  • Costumed Karil is poor

0 voters

Thanks for your vote & any other input.

I haven’t levelled mine for similar reasons to you. That being said I have been tempted for the costume bonus if nothing else. His regular is a hard hitter if he stays alive that is. His costume is interesting because he is an ice hero that inflicts burn. His costume isn’t a must for me yet. But I will probably get around to it eventually.
Edit: I still have my regular karil levelled. I like how he pairs with nordri. (If he stays alive long enough. He seems kind of squishy to me)

1 Like

I have both him and Nordri at +18, with Karil on max costume too. They absolutely wreck in events and tourneys, at same mana speed

4 Likes

If your going for a fast times on events he’s a hero that people use as stated. But if not and have other projects to work on I’d would leave it if you need the space. I got prisca and renfeld form costume chamber feed them straight away as need the space as there other people I’m working on before they see any attention. Costume will always be there and 3* s1 hero’s ain’t exactly hard to get :wink:

2 Likes

Yes Karil in costume is worth a max.
I did mine and have him in my blue mono 3 star team.
He works really well

3 Likes

Standard Karil with Costume bonus is a dwarven berserker. :muscle:t4: :muscle:t4: :muscle:t4:
I have three of him (no emblems). They were unstoppable in the Riddles of Wonderland event (despite most of the enemies being green).
Combined with Gunnar Costume + Helo (got recently) in my 3* Blue Mono - they’re sure to fetch top-notch scores in the next event.
Remember that with Gunnar Cos, the damage distribution is spread evenly across all enemies. Solves a major problem with splash hitters like Karil which is as follows:
“The central enemy always gets killed first (primary target damage 260% and minor splash damage 130% left + 130% right). With central enemy gone, for the rest of the round Karil’s minor splash damage is wasted. He has to hit either left or right 260% like a single-target sniper.”
If you don’t have Gunnar Cos / Helo, you can swap with standard Gunnar (for def buff / heal) + Ulmer (enemy def down).