🔵 [Jul 15, 2020] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Only if you want to. I have no REAL authority over anything … ever :rofl:

:beers:

6 Likes

My all-vanilla team was Colen - Kiril - Sartana - Isarnia - Boldtusk

BT → Isa → Colen is pretty sweet.

7 Likes

I bench my two Proteus too.

In the bench

Kiril, Proteus x2, Hu tao , Jean Francois.

6 Likes

I decided to swap out Sunny Joon and Kingston for JF and Killhare.

On the bench: Sunny Joon, Kingston, Magni, Poseidon, Panther, Elena, Hu Tao, Sumitomo, Lancelot, Boldtusk x2, Sartana, Victor, Merlin, Proteus x2, Gandalf, Colen, Onatel 2 3.70, Kiril, Kingston 2 3.70, Tyr 3.70, Avenging Caed

Got to the bosses with everyone ready except Onatel. Humph. With no yellow matches in sight, I tread carefully for the first few moves.

I finally got that match, but both Oberon and Balt went off on me, the latter targeting Isarnia. She pretended to dust off her shoulder and directed him to try harder.

A rain of tiles took both of them out. Killhare finished Ulmer.

Trainer to Dom’s costume, emblems to JF and Killhare.

6 Likes

Completed with Magni, Costume Joon, Onatel, Boldtusk and Jean-Francois.
Used 4 minor mana and one purple banner

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +9
  • Onatel +7
  • Kiril +c20
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Proteus +16

Only change is Proteus up 8 talents. (How is Poseidon still at the same talent level after a month and a half? 125 emblems is a lot, I guess!)

What this team lacks in raw punching power it more than makes up for in survivability and mana control. The most helpful aspect is the double-yellow of Poseidon + Onatel against mobs that feature purple prominently + two purple bosses. Waltzed through the mob waves and approached the bosses with all specials charged and a red diamond on the board. Onatel or Proteus controlled mana for every turn of the fight. Balthazar fired once, but my guys were hearty enough to shrug it off, and Poseidon’s trident made him pay for his sins. Thought I’d get away with not facing Oberon’s DoT, but the sucker revived four consecutive times! Ulmer was at half-health the first time I killed Oberon, and I seriously thought Skeleton Boy might outlast him. Anyway, the boards were not amazingly good, but certainly more than cooperative enough that I didn’t break a sweat - or use any items.

Not enough emblems for Poseidon (still!) or Proteus to gain a talent. Now that I’m trying to upgrade my shiny new Hero Academy, I probably couldn’t afford the iron anyway. Trainer hero goes to Gafar, the prize of my Sand Empire pulls this year.

4 Likes

It be something different plus have quite a few of wizard and fighter maxed so not a problem :beers:

2 Likes

My Team This Time

No change, only Kiril is +8 now. :muscle:
Other Options

The Battle

4 heroes mana charged with minions.

2x Proteus keep all bosses not having specials, but those slash attack are very hard hit. So Kiril and Poseidon are dead, but managed and finished without items :muscle:

Reward

Emblems Fighter keep (not yet planned), Wizard maybe for Kiril.
Trainer goes to Killhare.

OK, next time I will try this challange.

8 Likes

@muchacho the anti proteus. Loool. I used proteus on this one :grinning:

6 Likes

BT+14 | Colen+0 | Kiril+0 | cMelendor+0 | Proteus+18

Swapped out Merlin 3/60 for maxed Colen, guess he does have a use after all. :man_shrugging:

Healer heavy but light on hitters, but who cares as long as I have Proteus I’m good right? (correct)

Had a pretty good board, went into the boss round with a red diamond ready to be made. BT+Colen started off with a burn, then Proteus threw in some extra poison on top. Made the red diamond, popped it and that set off a giant cascade which charged everybody back up again while leaving Oberon in critical health. Board unfortunately ran a bit dry after that, so threw a mana pot at Proteus to buy some more time while working the board.

Now here’s the fun part: Oberon revived three freaking times in a row, and actually outlasted Balthazar, but luckily he did not have enough time to mana up and poison my team. Ulmer unfortunately did get to fire one last desperate shot because I couldn’t burn him down fast enough, but he fell quickly after that.

Item tally: one mana pot

Emblems and trainers saved.

5 Likes

Proteus fully maxed this time and Kingston up to +4.

No items at all until boss round. The mobs pounded Colen throughout but Boldtusk kept him alive.

At boss went in with everyone charged. Proteus got the mana freeze and poison. Colen french-fried the lot of them. Board turned blue so I used an arrow and bomb. Oberon revived 5x consecutively but eventually fell to Poseidon. Kingston later took out Ulmer and then the wizard was left. Poseidon was severely injured but finally got Proteus to fire again and I got Kingston to give the knife to Balthazar.

No plans for the toys yet. Gotta see where I am with everyone.

5 Likes

My team:

No items used.

The new emblems will go to Isarnia and Magni.

5 Likes

I have a decent amount to chose from in this trial.
Went with BT/Colen/proteus/merlin/C-melendor. No items needed. On the bench: kiril/hu tao/sumitomo

3 Likes

I started out using the B team again, but they stumbled on the last stage, partly due to me auto-playing it for a bit to deal with something that came up, and figured they could handle it. By the time I got to the phone, it was boss time, 2 heroes were dead, and things were too far gone health-wise for the rest.

So the A team came in and kicked butt.

A team: Boldtusk - Isarnia - Delilah - Kashhrek - Proteus
B team: Kiril - Sir Lancelot - Hu Tao - Magni - Sartana

I did use a few items to help the B team, but it didn’t work. I guess I could swap Kasshrek & somebody, but the A team crushes this, so it’s not worth doing something non-rainbow that can only result in a faster demolition, there’s no speed or style points.

4 Likes

I am surprised this team did so poorly. Are they all maxed? Do any have talents? Congrats on the win! :+1:

2 Likes

All maxed, all have 1 talent, at least. Sartana has a couple. They have beaten it before, but having to deal with a cricket hopping around scaring the GF meant auto-play, and things didn’t go so well.

2 Likes

Too lazy to post ss but I used: BT - Kiril - C.Sartana - Elena (3/50) - Proteus.
Minimal use of items; only a few hp potion. I could’ve used Magni instead of 3/50 Elena but I was too lazy to switch Magni from Costume mode to regular since C.Magni is on my defense team.

Purple trainer to Clarissa. I’m sitting on 600+ wizard emblems now and thinking of embleming C.Sartana. But at the same time, deep down I’m hoping for Zeline or Hel from ToL lol…

3 Likes

Colen is good bit underated got at+7 helped me get through quests before and legendary events sure had other hero’s to protect him like gaderius nice combo :+1:

1 Like

Team last time /Team this time

Swapped out C.Mel for 4/40ish Delilah. No real issues this time although I used some antidotes to stay free of disease. Between Panthers one-two punch with Sartana, Kingston’s atk down and Delilaha and Guin’s healing, the match was pretty one sided.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Delilah. Always nice to have another reset too.

4 Likes

Respect! plenty of power AND survivability there!

3 Likes