⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Otis

This thread is for discussing whether Otis is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Otis. For that, please see: 🐙 Otis – 5* Fire / Red from Abyss Hunters

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Otis is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Otis is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Otis is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Otis is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Otis ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Otis thread.

4 Likes

Why is scaling DOT even a thing in today’s meta? Back then it was used to balance lady locke. It’s not needed today as balance

3 Likes

Thanks @PlayForFun for creating this thread.

Otis really needs a buff, he is the worst among all Hunter family hero’s. He is useful in rush but his SS doesn’t make much impact in rush also. May be changing his speed to average or uncleansable dot and healing reduction will make him better , Otherwise he will also sit in bench just like Set.

2 Likes

Making him uncleansable would help him greatly.

4 Likes

All you’ve gotta do is compare Otis to Malin to see how much this new hero is lacking vs one that is several months old

Otis

Speed: Slow
Class: Barbarian
Attack: 813
Defense: 821
Health: 1421

370% to all

543 Bleed / 4 turns - increasing per turn

-70% reduced Healing / 4 turns - decreasing 10% per turn, up to 100%

Passive: Requires SS to fire to proc

Family Bonus: Defense

Same Hunters Mark

Malin

Speed: Slow
Class: Monk
Attack: 788
Defense: 828
Health: 1452

325% to all

340 Bleed / 4 turns +2 and Uncleansable if Dark

-75% decreased healing / 4 turns +2 and Uncleansable if Dark

-35% accuracy / 4 turns + 2 and Uncleansable if Dark

Extra Damage to Dark

Passive: 10% chance, but inherent.

Family bonus: Attack

Same Hunters Mark

Comparison

1. Equal speed
  2. Equal portal
  3. Equal Passive (Hunters Mark)
  4. Malin > Otis in Class
  5. Otis > Malin in Attack
  6. Malin > Otis in Defense
  7. Malin > Otis in Health
  8. Malin > Otis for Passive that’s inherent
  9. Malin > Otis in Family Bonus
  10. Otis > Malin in direct Damage
  11. Otis > Malin in DOT, marginally, and could be argued Malin is better, being Uncleansable and two turns longer vs Dark
  12. Malin > Otis in Reduced Healing, as immediately better, and potentially longer lasting/Uncleansable
  13. Malin > Otis for having blind **biggest win for Malin
  14. Malin > Otis for having extra damage vs an element **second biggest win for Malin
  15. Otis > Malin for element (throwing this one in, since Holy is clearly more stacked with great heroes vs Fire, but only to make this less sad for Otis’ sake :sweat_smile:)

So in short-hand, without elaborating deeper, that’s 4 pts for Otis, and 8 for Malin

Edit:

So it’s clear to me, that what’s needed for Otis to be on a similar playing field as Malin (and the rest of his peers) is at least one other additional skill. Idk what that could be… attack down, defense up, hell could be anything, but even with that, Malin would still have an edge as a perfect scary counter for Darks. However, least then, the variance between the two wouldn’t be quite as sad, and glaringly obvious :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

@RandaPanduh nailed this. Case closed. Buff Otis.

3 Likes

My initial thought upon pulling Otis is I’d rather level a second Khufu.

2 Likes

I want the buff only because I pulled him. And I always pull the worst heroes in a given portal. Exeera, Porthos, Gaillard, Khonshu etc. And they never ever get a buff

1 Like

I don’t think Konshu is bad. Set on the other hand :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Khonshu is great but weakest in that portal after Set. But I got him before Set was released so it does count

Nooo

(Imo)

Set < Papyros < Sekhmet < Bennu < then, maybe Khonshu (or Horus)

2 Likes

I really wanted him (Khonsu) when he was released, still wouldn’t mind him. The worst I got (also before set was released) was Papyrus and even Bennu.

But def. Otis need something to be interesting outside of rush.

1 Like

I was thinking, if they gave him the health he negates as boosted health, he would be pretty decent. It would keep him alive longer, if not cleansed.

Effects need to be un-cleansable.

definitely need buff, direct damage 430 to match up to Khufu. nobody uses it in mana wars very fast. additional the benefits not be discardable

Agree except khonshu. Papyros and Bennu are just boring. But my opinion. Set probably the worst of the purples due to being slow. Heres to hoping for you to get some excellent heroes soon!

Thanks man! Been a while since that post. I got Hippo and c Gazelle few days ago!

Balance this hero to make him stronger? How much? Mayby 740% to all and average? People are getting crazy these days spenders or non spenders more and more often. Like with Jasper and so on.
How in the name of universe this hero is excessiveIly weak? And he got a buff in his stats. Mayby 5* are not enough anymore?
I don’t like facing him in raids. Whip’s out my hole team. 370 to all and the dot besides the rest abilities. He is comparable to khufu but khufu hit although its a little stronger chains which is negative.

Hi. But they could buff his damage turns from 4 to 3. Same damage in shorter time.

Probably Otis costume will get s buff. Mayby 400% damage to all.