🦸‍♂️ Grumbl - 4* Ice / Blue from Return to Sanctuary

New Return to Gargoyles Hero is released: Grumbl

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Grumbl , as well as your thoughts on Grumbl .

Grumbl

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Ranger
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 757 743 1408
4/80 878 861 1632
Origin Family
Return to Sanctuary Gargoyle
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Gargoyle’s Softskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Softskin activates. The next 5 times they receive damage, it is reduced by -90%, and they resist all status ailment and mana reduction. This effect can’t be dispelled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Moon Boomerang
  • All allies except the caster receive Softskin. (The next time they receive damage, it is reduced by -90%, and they resist all status ailment and mana reduction. This effect can’t be dispelled.)
  • All allies recover 510 HP over 3 turns. This effect duration is reset if the status effect owner is hit with direct damage from a Special Skill.
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Gargoyle family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Immune to Poision damage / Immune to Poision and Burn damage / Immune to Poision and Burn and Water damage

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• The Caster no longer receives a Softskin.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Gargoyles Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v67]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Grumbl ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Grumbl .

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Grumbl and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Grumbl worth summoning for?

• Would you use Grumbl on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Grumbl ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Grumbl as an opponent?

• Would you give Grumbl Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Grumbl 's character design?

• If you Summoned Grumbl and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Grumbl , and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Grumbl when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Grumbl , you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Grumbl (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Grumbl ), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Grumbl (post release)

:question: Is Grumbl worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Grumbl would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Grumbl ’s Primary Purpose is?

• Softskin Buffer
  • Healer (Over Time)
  • Cleanser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Grumbl compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Grumbl ’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Grumbl ’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Grumbl worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Grumbl is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Grumbl is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Grumbl worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Grumbl then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Mustn’t grumbl

1 Like

I have fixed some typos in the OP.
Polls are enabled.

1 Like

I just got this fluf!

I’m only keeping it as it reminds me of a rabid grumpy cat!

4 Likes

Not seeing a scenario where you’d want this hero over the other ice hero options.

Curious if anyone sees a use for Grumbl.

1 Like

Maybe in gargoyle event to use softskin on hitters for counterattack

2 Likes

Well you can reset the HOT with your own mok arr. That’s about it

3 Likes

As I checked the polls on top. I was baffled by how many people believed this hero was not good. Can someone elaborate on why that is?

4 Likes

I actually think he’s a great 4* hero and softskin is one very annoying (to enemy) and beneficial special.

6 Likes

Yeah got this hero from free pull.

Not in a hurry to level as yet.
If anyone maxes lettuce know :+1: :green_heart:

2 Likes

Hi-
I am happy to have this guy. I don’t think he belongs on defense because he’s dispellable. But I look forward to using him on attack.
It may be a question of what you’re comparing him to.

2 Likes

His usage is limited to a support hero for PvE events if you have a limited roster. Ice Contest of Elements or Omega come to mind, since the enemies hit pretty hard.

It says his softskin can’t be dispelled. I think he’ll be good in defense.

Cant be dispelled, but tile damage will remove it immediately after the reduced 90% damage.

Oh good, that is better — that soft skin can’t be dispelled. He gets it himself for 5 times.
So it seems only the healing over time is dispellable.

Do you know, for example with the allies who get soft skin for one hit… If they are hit with a string of three tiles (one match), is the first tile at 10% damage and the other two tiles at 100% damage? Or is the whole string of 3 tiles reduced to 10% damage because it is a single match?

Based on what i see with Garten, the first damage is at reduced damage and the latter tiles will cause full damage.

1 Like

I will say this. I 2lb’d him talent @20. I have done well on defense and love using him on my offensive teams. I’m running a low tp team 5800 and several times have beaten 7000 plus teams on offense and defense has beaten 6500+ teams. If you have the mats and want to just have fun with a sleeper 4* go for it.

4 Likes

Figured I’d just share so there’s actual proof. Could not have done without the protection from soft skin on everyone.

5 Likes