šŸ“Æ Frigg ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Nature/ Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

How does she stack with Ratatoskr as I miss that?

Is Ratā€™s +attack on a tile adding to her special somehow?

I thought he only buffed the tile so then they hit harder when they are sent at the enemies, but he has nothing to do with dmg from specials.

Seems like a decent hero, I got her along with Almur and I finally have a decent green titan killer team. I donā€™t have Buddy or Evelyn so both of them are really needed

7 Likes

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Baldur from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Okay, but what about Frigg? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, it was more related to how both work together. After all Frigg fires first (most likely), debuffing the enemies defense. Then Ratatoskr follows with the increased attack tiles, which more or less accumulates with the defense debuff. Additionally Ratatoskr can be stacked with attack buffs for even more damage. hope i didnā€™t mix up something, please correct me if Iā€™m wrong
There are a lot of combinations I can think of to get the most out of her.

3 Likes

Nice! Tarlaks att buff + ratatoskrs tile buff + gregorions critical chance buff + Friggs def debuff + almurs elemental def debuff will be absolutely devastating :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that is how I see it and I think that is how they both can really shine together.

Decided to try a ten pull cause I like Frigg and low and behold she appears :grin:

10 Likes

She is only fast to load but to fire you need to wait so she is in reality an avarge/slow hero unless you wanna deal tiny damage and little defense down with donā€™t do much impact on the board.
Frigg looks like Yunan wife :smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve been hearing about Rat as well, and from my experience using him, I donā€™t need to skip turns that often. Frigg will need 8 nature tiles on the board to unleash full potential which isnā€™t a terribly high number, and while I get that you need to use green tiles to charge her special, when you create green combo (and possibly a cascade after that), there are new tiles coming in to the board and thereā€™s 20% chance each of these will be green.

It surely is a factor that can potentially slow her down if your aim is maximum dmg, but not as bad as to make her a slow hero in practice. Problem is, even at full, her damage is not a gameturning potential that Iā€™d be looking for in current meta. In my green stack I run Evelyn - Zeline - Kingston (then Rat and Telluria or Ariel and Telluria for supports) and I wouldnā€™t swap her for anyone in this trio.

2 Likes

Anyone in the UK like me knows what it is to Frigg someone I canā€™t believe theyā€™ve called her this :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Be that as it may, Frigg and her name go back to Norse mythology. She was the wife of Odin. Way before SGs time.

5 Likes

Ah, shows how cultured I am!! Thanks for educating me!

3 Likes

What do you mean? Frigg is Odinā€™s wife and Baldurā€™s mother in Norse mythology. According to Wiki, she is the ā€œGoddess of fertility, motherhood, and the household, and the possible namesake of Friday.ā€

I started with ~3850 Valhalla coins and told myself I would summon until I got Zocc or Frigg. Got Zocc on my 3rd pull. Then did 7 more pulls to fill out my ascension bonus chest and got Richard. Iā€™ll probably buy Valhalla offer 1 and 3 but I canā€™t decide whether itā€™s worth it to blow the rest of my coins for Friggā€¦
I kind of want to save some summons for Lord Loki, Odin, Gefjon, and Thor lol. But my green heroes are severely lacking in hitters. I have mostly healers or utility heroes (Telluria, Heimdall, 2x Ratatoskr, Margaret). I donā€™t even have Almur yet.

Friggā€™s usefulness is just on par with ratā€™s usefulness. But she can wait for the average speed rat to charge up because sheā€™s fast, thus more green tiles might appear in their favour

Although I probably wonā€™t get her. This is my analysis on her

Like ratatoskr, she is quite dependant on tiles to do anything. She is similar to 3* sudri that also does the exact same thing, but his criticism is that heā€™s slow, so he takes too long to charge and by the time he fires, thereā€™s not enough red tiles left to threaten the enemy. Frigg kind of solves this by being fast. But a standard Frigg without mana troop will still need 8 tiles to fire. By then there will be a need to farm for more green tiles.
She is also one of the few heroes that debuffs Def as a fast hero. The other one being c magni. But as a trade off her Def down she gives is dependant on the tiles on the board.
The standard Def drop numbers are 34% and 44%. In order to hit those numbers, there needs to be 6.5 and 9 tiles on the board respectively, and that is after youā€™ve using green tiles to charge her up, making her quite unreliable for Def debuffing.
On raid Def, her being fast means she can hit a variable of 8% to 44% Def down on all your heroes within a short period of time. And her being a rogue makes her quite viable as tank role
While unreliable in raid offence, she works well to build up pressure in Def.

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget Rat is a deep healer, and that part of his skill is not dependent on tiles. I maxed him truly for this purpose only, the tile dmg is just a bonus.

Itā€™s this, so you have to be careful with how many nature tiles you leave on the board when fighting against her ā€“ otherwise she turns into a fast Isarnia.

Itā€™s for that reason that I honestly think she would make an amazing tank (maybe not as sturdy as Telluria, but more immediately devastating IMHO)

7 Likes

You got one G too many. LOL.

Iā€™m the opposite, thought ratā€™s selling point was the tile buff and the healing was just a bonus

1 Like