Frenzied's FTP roster (advice would be appreciated)

Good to know your priorities @Shohoku79 and I hope you pull what you want :slight_smile:, on that note is there a master thread on all the costumes released to date? Curious to see Isarnia’s costume(s) as I am a little rusty with all the costume shenanigans (struggling to keep up frankly with all the new heroes too)

2 Likes

Best of luck, @Shohoku79 , with your pulls. I keep forgetting about second costumes! So I may save some keys for future Masquerade portals. I like your strategy there. I already have 24 unique costumes…I’ll see what I feel like doing when the time comes.

Believe it or not, @FrenziedEye , I created a topic on August 29 called “Is there a master list of which heroes have costumes?”. It only got 5 posts, but you can search for it by title. Sorry, I don’t feel like asking discobot how to put a link to it here. They suggest heroplan, and there’s one more link in there, which may help.

But in reality, I don’t think there is an archived list of every costume (and now second costume) out there. I can find a list of HOTM, but that’s all. Correct me if I’m wrong, please, if anyone can find one.

I don’t keep up with all the costumes, rebalances, and new heroes unless they apply to me. Meaning that I have the hero, or am facing them in a war or raid tournament. Trying to keep up with all the new stuff would probably stress me out, and to me, that’s not the point of a video game.

However, I’m hoping to pull a Vivica costume someday. Facing her can be tough. And now you guys have me curious about Isarnia, so I am going to look her up also.

2 Likes

Ok, I just found a topic called “Database of 5* LB heroes” under the category Player Guides…it is only 5* heroes, but it has pictures of them in costume and LB. Hope that helps in some way!

2 Likes

That’s a crazy coincidence LOL

I hope you get her! I was really hoping to get her too!

Excellent, I will check it out, thank you @arrow_slinger !

1 Like

This is my go-to thread when looking at any 5 star hero. It is a great resource. @Bukefal does a lot of work to keep it up and deserves our thanks!

5 Likes

@PlayForFun maintains a list of released heroes and costumes you can use to check which costumes are out:
Chronological Hero List
The costumed versions of heroes usually have their own thread then, if you’re looking for more details and ratings.

4 Likes

Costume shenanigans:

• In the beginning, they were only supposed to be for S1 heroes only to allow them to catch up to the newer heroes. Did it stay that way? No.
  • Costume V1 had higher % on the pulls, but gave only costumes, not the hero, made people who got the costume and do not have the hero up in arms. Did it stay that way? No.
  • Costume V2 lowered the % down to meager amounts, but you get hero with the costume, the event was ran monthly, events doable, you get 10 keys for a free 2 pull a month, it was the golden age of the costumes. Did it stay that way? No.
  • Event got moved to bi-monthly in favor of more events jammed into the game. Did they stop there? No.
  • In order to show “some love” (this is a very frequently used term by $GG), they ate their own words and started giving S2, S3, and older seasonal and challenge event heroes costumes, all not surprisingly put right back behind the paywall. Did they stop there? No.
  • Second Costumes are being made for S1 heroes, the event has been made longer, harder, with more filler loots, but you get the same 10 keys for finishing the harder event.

Will they stop there? Very unlikely. S4 and S5 is waiting for their costumes, other older heroes will need to be “shown some love” and there is also the 2nd costume for them. It’s not the first time $GG backed out on their words, it won’t be the last.

By the way, if you are C2P and a few heroes short of the Soul Exchange, buying the Elite Summoning Coin could get you the S1 vanilla 5* you needed to make the exchange, but won’t add to the counter for Fated Summons since 5* aren’t counted.

2 Likes

Hey guys
@Sarah2 @Ian487 @Shohoku79 @arrow_slinger @Noble_Weasel @sleepyhead @Gwniver @Kilted @Saros @BlackZed

Assuming the above table is accurate, who do you think should be my #1 and #2 priority? Who are your priorities?!

Imma thinking…Ariel and maybe Freya, in that order…

My question is …are they useful uncostumed though?

Are there any heroes in that list that are still good, without costumes? Lol I just have to assume that I will never pull the costume…

PS. Maybe Seshat for #3

2 Likes

Sadly S1 heros without costumes, I’d keep on the bench. I’m even tempted to trade away my 3:70 heros and even levelled S1 5* heros at the next SE… If Miki is on offer.

Ariel is a fantastic healer and pair her with another Atlantis hero from the same family, the bonus is nice too. I still use uncostumed Freya as my normal war tank, so she’s still good… Although be aware, there are now also a plethora of minion eaters too :disappointed_relieved:. Hold up… Freya isn’t on the list - :rofl::wink: You were checking we were paying attention … Right? Lol

Vela… Seems cheap for 10 considering she’s been recently buffed although not quite at the pre-Tellygate level.

2 Likes

If I were you, Onatel would be the first pick. Mana control never goes out of style. Then it is a toss-up between Ariel and Freya. Probably Ariel if you need another healer.

3 Likes

LOL, she’s in the bottom right corner of the table!! But yes, you’re making me re-think the whole Ariel vs Freya thing!

Ah geez, fantastic point…hmmmmmmmm

Let’s put it way, in the last stage of CoE I just get her charged and fire right off the bat against the final bosses. She’ll keep stealing mana until it wears out and then she can just fire again. You back up with Leonidas to mana cut if they get close to full and I think I ended up completing it without them firing once.

If you had Proteus or Hel, she’ld be less of a priority, but since you don’t. She’ll get you through challenges and maps pretty well.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I would take Non costumed Ariel over the Rat. Some of this probably depends on your play style, but he’s going to be great on blue titans and any time you have a green stack. I’m sure my feelings are shaped by my own roster (I have a five star blue healer in Raffaele, but nothing in green), but I think this little guy needs more credit!

1 Like

Good point… He is after all listed at 20x 5* heros, whereas Ariel is just 15x :thinking:.

2 Likes

Another excellent point :slight_smile:

I should really also check out what value the game assigned him…also a good point!

1 Like

As a very happy Onatel owner, I endorse this 1000%. Absolutely changed the game for me as my first five-star, and to this day still my favorite hero on my roster. Please do not underestimate her. She is absolutely fantastic!

3 Likes

I didn’t get tagged again, but I came back none the less. :laughing:

I think my original theory outlined above of prioritization applies. Right if the bat the big candidates IMO are:

Tarlak - great on titans, which are the most frequent and reliable source of loot. Boosting titan scores has no down side and he is better than Wu.

Onatel - Mana control at the 5* was my third priority. Onatel is aged very well, still great. @Quinn3 caught her being a bargain too.

Then it is a tie for third between

Ariel - Mana boost is hard to get and very useful. My only hesitancy is I have Raff and no scopes. My roster personally that would knock her down, but if you want a 5* healer she is a good get.

Ratatoskr - A 5* healer, but also a great attack booster. In terms of titans, certainly blue, but his boost can extend to PvE and PvP very easily. On my own roster he would be third.

Tarlak and Onatel are really a toss for first to me. Both of those colors are on the weaker side too.

The only other thing I would add is don’t skip a non-S1 5* in base form if the base form
I useful just because that hero has a costume. The odds are stupid low and if the base form is viable then which cares you do have the costume. You’re not missing anything. For example, Sif had a costume. Her base form, to me, would be hugely helpful. I would take her base form without hesitation if presented an opportunity. If I ever get a dupe of her with costume then her base form
is already ready to go. Odds of that happening are very small.

Good luck either way!

:beers:

2 Likes

Aw geez sorry I knew I was missing someone, my bad!!

Your advice is super helpful too, thank you very much :slight_smile:

I’m beginning to think Freya/Onatel/Rat …but can’t decide who…

Freya would be good on auto farming

Sage words!!

2 Likes

I would go for mana control/buff first : Onatel, Mitsuko

Then healer (if I don’t have any 5* full healer): Ariel, Rat. If they boost, and boost minimum 500, it’s great. I don’t level HoT healers, boost or otherwise unless it’s because that’s the costume and I need the costume boost. Thinking of C Rigard and C Sabina.

Then dispeller (if I don’t have any 3x or 5x dispeller). Seshat is good for 3x but no block.

After that : I look for

1. Attack down (they help my team to survive current crazy killer meta)

2. Defence down (help to speed up damage)

3. Minion if I can pair with another minion hero for minion-attack team. Limited utility now with many minion removers out there.

Look through your roster.

You know your play style best. Look at the attack teams you currently have. Identify the weaker links. Look at that list again. Any options there that can replace that weaker link ?

If you are looking for alternative “better” tanks (if you are in an alliance that rotates tank colour), repeat the same diagnostic process.

2 Likes

Tough choice, fated summons… no idea who I’m gonna pick, many of them are apealling… anyway, one that hasn’t been mentioned here, Seshat, fast, hard hitter, dispells three, paired with Kageburado would make a great duo against Ludwig. Very fast Kage to dispell taunt, than Seshat to dispell mana vortex from his friends. Rattatoskr and Ariel, both decent healers, living in a world of overhealers, unfortunatelly… Ariel’s mana boost gets my vote here. Onatel and Mitsuko for mana control. Both average, both useful in their own unique(ish) way. Mits very useful against blue hitters. Unfortunatelly, Sobek made reflect blue kind of useless in today’s meta. Freya, decent tank, fast, sturdy minnions, defense buff to all, she’s a great partener for Pengi, turning him from simple sniper to real killer. Even Skadi, although her antiminion value has gone way down since Hulda and the w3k heroes took over the minnion market. Tough choice… but none of those I mentioned could ever be a wrong choice, pick the one your instinct tells you to.

3 Likes