šŸ“Æ Fenrir ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Kageburado does 450pc to heroes with >50pc health and 200pc otherwise. This is often not enough to finish an enemy, particularly with emblems. Fenrir only does 300pc damage if the hero has >50pc health and 600pc otherwise. So I really donā€™t see him as OP, a good finisher, but somewhat situational.

2 Likes

Hmm, just thinking Isarnia + Fenrir or Arthur+ Fenrir should be quite devestating. :thinking:

Like most snipers he pretty easily finishes less than 50% heroes- the difference is that he recharges himself a little and pretty much functions as a very fast sniper- especially if he eats a minion as well . So far in playing with him he has been very good at devouring 2-3 heroes in a few turns because of his mana gain and fast recharge

5 Likes

Here how I deduced what ā€œmoderate amount of manaā€ actually means, by using Alberichā€™s buff and what the game actually tells us about mana percentage.

2 Likes

Good thinking! Sounds great!

Iā€™m happy, he fills a fast blue hole in my squad, I donā€™t have any 5* blue snipers. I pulled him with a coin.

And I think itā€™s kind of nice to revisit/bump up that most average of heroes - Graymane

2 Likes

Haha, Iā€™m so sick of Seshatā€™s sound effect!

2 Likes

The game is very inconsistent with phrasing, and ā€œmoderate amount of manaā€ has multiple meanings. For alby it may be 0.8 tiles, for Misandra it is 0.6 tiles, but for Marge it is 24%. There is zero reason to believe without testing 0.8 would be accurate. It may be, but in reality anything less than a tile will be effectively useless. Even at exactly one tile the troop req will be so large it will likely only be relevant for the tippy top of the playerbase that can afford it (and have other sufficiently leveled troops for their average speeds).

1 Like

If the real number is more akin to 1.2 tiles and you can realistically cut his tiles for second firing down to 6 with a reasonable mana troop, he instantly is significantly better. If you cannot cut him to 6 tiles without some other hero like misandra artificially boosting him, or Ariel followed by 6 tiles while still under her buff (board is more likely to be short on blue tiles at that point), he is effectively a worse version of every other blue sniper with some very situational potential utility vs summoner heroes like sesh who summon at the exact right time

@DaveCozy I know you were looking into this in beta, but i never followed up with you. Any insights after we last talked?

2 Likes

You are right about different meaning of ā€œmoderate mana amountā€.

From my limited tests with Fenrir with lvl 17 mana troop (+11%) (7.2 tiles to full charge):
If Fenrir kills a monster, 6 tiles is enough to charge him.

If I give Fenrir crit troops, 6 tiles is not enough, but 7 tiles are, so we know that Fenrirā€™s ability gives him more than 1.2 tile, but less than 2.

With lvl 11 troops (+9%), 6 tiles is also enough to charge him after killing a monster. Normally, it would take 7.34 tiles to full charge with such mana troops, so moderate amount is at least 1.34 of a tile.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have lvl 5 mana troops and lvl 1 mana troops, experiments with them would actually help narrowing down a range for Fenrirā€™s mana gain in tiles. For now I can deduce itā€™s between 1.34 and 2 tiles.

6 Likes

He only heals from damage dealt, not total hit. But youā€™re right about tanks and I still think heā€™s a very strong hero. Crazy stats!

100% Fen over Misandra

1 Like

Misandra does NOT say Moderate amountā€¦their terms are very specific and consistent. Alby is Moderateā€¦Misandra is Small (per tic)

Do you think Fenrir will pair well with Kageburado? Kage charges faster, deals 450% to anyone over 50% HP. If that gets someone below 50%, Fenrir hits them for 600%. I currently have Kage and Gravemaker in my defense team. I probably wouldnā€™t put Fenrir on defense but on offense I think heā€™d work well with these two. Thoughts? (I havenā€™t actually pulled for season 3 heroes yet. Pulling tomorrow with the new HotM and hoping to nab Fenrir.)

2 Likes

I think theyā€™ll be a great pair. We donā€™t seem to have exact figured yet, but thereā€™s potential for Fenrir to charge at very fast speed once he gets rolling too. Could be a real nasty duo and one I plan to use on offense with Gazelle

1 Like

Grats! I pulled him with a coin as well. Gonna be a while before I can ascend him though, Iā€™m very short on scopes but I canā€™t wait to max him out!

2 Likes

Hmm Iā€™ve tested my Fen multiple times with an 11 mana troop and he takes 7 tiles to charge after killing a monster. Iā€™ve tested it multiple times now and 6 hasnā€™t been enough.

Edit: just confirmed 2 more times that Fenrir with level 11 troop needs >6 tiles to charge again after killing a monster

3 Likes

Weird, why 6 tiles was enough for me? Iā€™ll redo the test and see.

So far, it looks like moderate amount of mana for Fenrir is in range of 1.2 ā€¦ 1.34 of a tile.

1 Like

fenrir heals at 50% of damage dealt to the enemy. :smiley:

1 Like

Very nice write up and now I am very excited to have gotten lucky.
Only one scope short also so Iā€™m sure I will fill that void before I would have him maxed anyway.

5 Likes

Whoaā€¦I donā€™t remember consenting to be filled with anything.

Congrats to everyone who pulled Fenrir. Alas despite going over budget I was unable to pull him when he was featured. :upside_down_face:

Iā€™d give away 12 scopes if the game allowed since Iā€™ll never get anymore Ice 5*s due to my fiery personality

6 Likes