šŸ“Æ Nordri ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 3* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Relased: Nordri!

:bar_chart: Stats

Nordri

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star:
Rare
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Barbarian
A
Average
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55
+1 Costume
3/60
+1 Costume

(Costume is tested, but not released yet.)

Origin Realm
Season 3 Jotunheim
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Frosty Axes
  • Deals 245% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -54% defense against Ice for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Nordri from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Nordri?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Nordri.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Nordri and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Nordri worth summoning for?

• Would you use Nordri on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Nordri?

• What heroes would you take when facing Nordri as an opponent?

• Would you give Nordri Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Nordriā€™s special?

• What do you think of Nordriā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Nordri and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Nordri and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Nordri when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Nordri, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Nordri (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Nordri), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Rare Hero?

Itā€™s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 41% chance of summoning Nordri.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 65 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Nordri by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Nordri by pull 57
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Nordri by pull 87

Putting that in Perspective

• 35 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Nordri by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 350,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Nordri

• 5 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Nordri by the 57th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 57 times, 50,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Nordri

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Nodri (post release)

Is Nodri worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

What do you think of Nodri compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Nodriā€™s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

What do you think Nodriā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Offence Geared Debuffer
  • Defence Geared Debuffer

0 voters

Is Nodri worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

Where do you think Nodri is best used (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Nodri will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Any lucky players get this bad boy yet? :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes, started to grow him. I am curious if heā€™s good to 9-10* titansā€¦

3 Likes

I would definitely use him if i didnā€™t have king arthur.

1 Like

Yes. I will raise him like my promising child and feed him to the titans. I have neither Freya nor Arthur.

Here . Is any good?

In One X10 call iā€™ve got 3 of themā€¦ Is nordri valuable for rare challenge events? Does make any sense keeping 2 or 3 of him?

1 Like

Definitely! Especially if paired with Costumed Gunnar.

Thereā€™s not a strong case for multiple, as youā€™d want to pair him with higher damage output blues to take advantage of the elemental defense debuff.

But Iā€™d personally be inclined to hold onto a couple extras, in case I wanted them at some point.

5 Likes

do you think a twin nordri might possibly be better than a Gato for challenge events? Since heā€™s hit 3?

Thsnks! Iā€™ve just leveled my new costumed Gunnarā€¦! I was thinking about a gunnar-red-red-red-red but nowā€¦ Gatos!

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m hoping for Nordri for ā€” a Costumed Gunnar + Nordri + 3x Gato team.

My existing version of that was with Ulmer or Karil in place of Nordri.

6 Likes

I currently fight 14* titans. I donā€™t have Arthur or Frida. My blue team is miki, kiril, Grimm+10, Vela, Lepus+15.

If I maxed Nordri to +20 going on the defense path, and had a turtle banner up, could he survive a hit from a 14* titan?

If so, would it be worth dropping one of those heroes to get in his elemental debuff, knowing that he would die almost every titan fight.

I think youā€™d be better off with a Karil than a second Nordri: Karil does slightly more damage and youā€™ve already got blue defense down from the first one

nordri is obviously good for events blue mono stack and 3* tournaments. i was wondering myself if he could be utilised in wars, titans etc.

but i dont think he is very viable for diamond raids and high level titans. Fully emblemed with defense path he should be around 505 defense and 1020 health. almost there but not quite, especially with all the emblemed 4* and 5* around. also i doubt he would survive a single hit form 14* titan. so he could maybe work if you mana pot wilbur or him straight away but iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth it.

i think nordri is a proverbial carrot on a stick outside of a 3* range.

3 Likes

i guess at the 14 star titan level most players are dedicated enough to have arthur or frida anyway.

I definitely think nordri can have a place on 9/10 star titans if no frida/arthur. I havenā€™t ever seen higher so i wouldnā€™t know.

At the very least, Nordri can be used as a last resort for a titan your alliance really wants to kill, like a rare red titan that might escape; throw nordri in there, mana pot him up and fire away, donā€™t care if he gets killed.

If the board gets in your favor again, res him, mana him up, and fire again. Massive damage potential. I mean Arthur alone literally doubled my blue titan teamā€™s dmg output.

4 Likes

I just got the guyā€¦ And Iā€™m happy about it, since I donā€™t have any other blue elemental debuffers.

Well, was thinking about taking him against titans (8-9* range) with Invisibility Potion, that could prevent quick death. Oh well, I know that thereā€™s only so many pots you can make, since the titan parts arenā€™t that abundant, but still. What do you think?

2 Likes

Nordri is going to be my only blue debuffer for some time as I donā€™t have Arthur or frida. He can work in the higher tier titans, but needs high maintenance. Youā€™re basically going to burn a lot of mats like mana pots or revival scrolls on him. Iā€™m thinking invisibility potion is good to use on him as he would be safe for a certain amount of turns

1 Like

Good potential for damage there. Good to hear that about Arthur, I just started leveling him for that very reason.

1 Like

After I get Grimm to +18, i will be embleming Nordri all the way to +20. He is gonna be going into a lot of content until I either get Frida or Arthur. Pair this guy with Ulmer in a very fast 3 star tourney where green is banned and holy hell youā€™re gonna have a field day!

5 Likes