šŸ¦¹ [Feb 2021] League of Villains Challenge Event ā€“ Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

I hate to be this person since i know this forum has been advocating for making sure the newer heroes arenā€™t so completely OP, buttttttt does anyone feel like all the Villains kind of suck (besides their base stats) ?

I read through all of their abilities and none of them jumped out as anything i really wanted on my team. The only ones that seem somewhat appealing are toxicandra and chrysalis.

Also, minor thing but why the ā– ā– ā– ā–  does TOXICandra not have the toxic ability the other villain has??

6 Likes

Holy crap! I would highly advise you go buy some lotto tickets with this luck going on! Or maybe not since you just used up all your luck on this?? Hahah

1 Like

No, they are normal. At least Dark Lord, Crystallis and Toxicandra.

Idk about Dark Lord. He still seems a bit meh. He seems like 50% sniper and 50% control hero.

Like he is not strong enough to be a sniper but heā€™s a weak sniper with some control abilities

Heā€™s not a strong control hero but heā€™s a weak control hero with a little bit of fire power on him.

I guess he would be helpful for people without a deep bench and need versatility but i donā€™t really see him in high level play as many other heroes fill the role he would fill better

Pass me your luck please. Save me from this brutal portal!

Only a few portals are down to 0.9% for season 1

Small sample size alert!

I just filled my monster chest on rare-2. I recorded the loot and compared it to [Season 1 8-7] on a per flag basis(Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more)

Category Rare 2 8-7
XP 540 272
Recruits 1.5 3
Monsters 4 4.33
1* Crafting 0.83 1.107
2* Crafting 0.5 0.373
3* Crafting 0.6 0.148
4* Crafting 0.5 0.039
1* Ascension 0.79 0.7
2* Ascension 0.6 0.3
Heroes 0.5 0.167
Troops 0 0.067
Food 0 553
Iron 0 1183

Rare 2 is clearly better for XP (not that 8-7 is the best xp per flag map stage). Itā€™s clearly inferior in food, iron, monsters, and recruits. I have not made any conclusions so far on crafting or ascension items.

I think Iā€™ll keep using Rare-2 to fill the chest and farm when I have extra world energy. If we count each chest as 30 gems (10 coins to do a pull worth 300 summons) then itā€™s probably worth it to keep farming just to get those coins.

1 Like

14 pulls only 3* and skrekok.
Better luck next time. !!! :cry:

1 Like

I find them average as well, not OP at all.

I think that if I had to choose between the heroes of this events, Iā€™d go with Toxicandra as well. Apart from Grazul and lady Wollerton, there arenā€™t more fast healers (if Iā€™m not wrong).

Regarding Chrystalis, I remember that @Ruskin505 said in the thread about her that she was quite similar to Vela, who I still like even with the nerf.

And yes, itā€™s ironic that someone with toxic in her name doesnā€™t make any corrosive damage.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with you regarding the heroes. After reading them this morning, my first thought was, I must be missing somethingā€¦ Most of these do not seem that good. The corrosive effects only last 3 turns, and losing 10% per turn? Iā€™d rather just fire someone off to lower by 34%-44% for 4 turns. Or, shortening the length of buffs by 1 turn? Iā€™d rather just dispel the buffs entirely. The only thing I can see the buff shortening working on better than dispelling is elemental links.

Personally, I think Toxicandra is the only one worth leveling out of the 5*. Maybe Karnov if you are at a point where you can afford niche heroes. Otherwise, all of these heroes are just a pass for me.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you said that. Helps to resist temptation. Iā€™m a sucker for a gorgeous looking card, but sometimes you actually want some performance out of them. Sighā€¦

1 Like

5 gem pulls and 2 coin pullsā€¦ nothingā€™ but food.

1 Like

share the FORMULA plz !!!

Bad part is decreasing stages from 15 to 10, we love to play more not less I hope not do that for other events at all

2 Likes

Pretty happy with rare performance, but I have no idea how this compares to usual challenge events. Iā€™ll fill out Epic and Legendary later as I complete them.

Stage Rare Epic Legendary
1 29,936
2 26,132
3 38,746
4 38,016
5 59,917
6 56,072
7 62,448
8 65,369
9 70,735
10 77,391

The only chest Iā€™ve seen has been on stage 6, but that slowed me down a bit more than helped there.

Rank by time left

Time left Rare Epic Legendary
3d14h 470
3 Likes

Belith, Hawkmoon andā€¦ Graymane!

I didnā€™t have these Villains, so happy

1 Like

Eeeehhhh I donā€™t like the designs / artwork of most the villains. The fact 4 of them are recycled assets is kindaā€¦lazy? Lame? I dunno, I suppose it makes sense for the Dark Lord to bring his posse with him, but Iā€™ve seen those characters so much that they just donā€™t excite me.

1 Like

Kinda sucks that their avatars are only for people on the top level, as if the heroes and ascension mats werenā€™t enough.

If there is a challenge ongoing, they should add all new avatars to gem store so that everyone would be able to get them. Why limiting something so basic as avatar for winners only ???

Huge bummer :-1:

Event itself is fine, Iā€™m happy there is less stages, just wished rewards were betterā€¦

3 Likes

Also disappointed about that. I like farming those for challenge coins. I like that it only takes one energy and since those wretched chests are so rare, that 1 energy cost really helped.

1 Like

So underwhelmed with this event and these heroes. The art ranges from ok to terrible (looking at you Edd!), and it just feels like they rushed the whole thing out.

I did one 10 pull and donā€™t plan on doing anything else.