🔵 [Feb 19, 2020] Trials of Survival Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 12th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 15 minutes earlier at 6:45:00 AM (06:45 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Survival

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

5 Likes

My Team Last time:

My Team this time:

Disnt use any items, Musashi almost died but got lucky that i got a yellow diamond while his skill is on so got his HP back to half
Miki really helped big time

Emblems will be saved for now
TH will go seshat#2
Reset emblem = NO

7 Likes

Marjana, Khiona, GM, Dom and Miki…
The silence was deafening. :wink:

7 Likes

Screenshot_20200219-010810

Brought in Fire Captain Elena for Musashi on a lark.

• On the bench: 2 Jackals, Gretel, Tony Danza, Miki 3.70, Parasol Li, Cabin Boy, Marjana, Scarlett, Musashi
  • Up and coming: Jackal #3 3.29, Dom 2.60

Wasn’t focused and took a lot of damage getting to the bosses. Used a few healing pots. Everyone was ready to go, with a purple diamond and a ton of blue tiles. So, how did it go?

Not great, but a win’s a win. Trainer to Elena, emblems to Khiona and Kage (yes, saving up for that last rank).

9 Likes

Trials by Guv - Survival

Last Time

Click to View team used last time
Click for History of Survival by Guv

Guvs History of Survival:

Team This Time

No change in the specific heroes used just changes in the levels. Alice is now maxed (from 4-1) with +5 emblems. BK is also up a couple emblems to +4 now.
Finished off a couple more G. Jackals too in the interim but they are benched for now lol.

Note to self: change the troop on jackal FFS…

Battle

Autoplay sorted out the first couple rounds as usual

Final Battle - Trials of Survival 19th Feb

The Baby Alt

Baby Alt is Lvl 24 & VC2P/ F2P.
It completed just stage 1 of this set of trials…

Azar (+4), Nashgar, Kelile (3-48), Peters (2-50), Layla

Baby Alt Options

Nil

Rewards

• Reset Token = NO
  • Rogue Emblems = 77 / 50 needed for Alice to go to +6 (need ham to free up first haha)
  • Barbarian Emblems = 29 / 50 needed for BK to be +5
  • Trainer = Fed to Gormek (4-46 now)

8 Likes

Despite having no healers, I did this easily. I guess having Peters and Miki helps a lot, although, the Bosses do evade quite a lot, but luckily enough they didn’t Evade Miki once so it was simple.

1 Axe + 3 Turtle Banners + 3 Minor Health (for scarlett)

7 Likes

Last time:

This time, stages 1 & 2:

I’d hoped to have Tony Danza ready for this, but he wasn’t quite there yet. Probably just as well since the mother bumper snowflaked twice for his big debut before doing a bottle. Maybe someday little guy, but not today.

Back to the tried and true for round 3:

Scarlett was very dodgy this time around, but I think the super antidotes was a good decision. An additional large heal and a cleanse for Nashgar, Azlar, and Scarlett. Eventually the rogue went down.

Little John is back to climbing the barbarian ladder since my 5* options aren’t going to see final ascension for a long time if ever. Rogue banking for Kestrel. Trainer went to Bauchan.

Ty again and as always zephyr! Orz

7 Likes

Rogue class is my weakest group and Barbarian is only elevated by Grimm+20 and Miki (3/70). This was a crapshow that included a use of a Time Stop, some Potent Healing, lots of Minor Healing, and two gem continues.

I have no doubt that ascending Domitia is going to be my next Purple task. Also going to ascend either Gretel or Guardian Jackal (leaning more Jackal) for some representation in Holy during this trial too.

9 Likes

Team last time

This time I swapped out Kelile and Li Xiu in favor of Kage and BK. They picked on poor +20 Grimm, prolly cause of his mere 600 defense. BK had a couple flesh wounds and I spent 5 Super Healths keeping everyone upright, but the battle was not too difficult. I took out Scarlett first followed by Nash and then Azlar.

Barbarian emblems to Kage at +3, Rogue saved until I’m ready to take G. Jackal from +13 to +18 or more (have over 250), Trainer goes to BK getting him ever closer to that 4th ascension.

5 Likes

i love that domitia in there :smiley:

2 Likes

This time it went smooooooooooth. That’s gonna develop from my most hated trial to one of my best, lol. Thanks to the almighty Burger King :smiley:

My team last time - where something went wrong and I bought a continue:

So BK is now on the finishing straight and I put him in instead of that green lame dude^^ 3 stack red and his attack boost is VERY helpful.

My team this time:

Trainer will go to BK, of course :slight_smile: I hope I can field him in war next week.
Emblems…Barbarian saved for BK.
Rogue…oh yeah. I think, Kelile and Scarlett will get some more, I use them often. And maybe Danza can get a bunch, too. But first I have to restock some iron and meat :frowning:

8 Likes

She had more power at 1/1 than my Layla fully ascended with +6 nodes on the Talent Grid, so I went with her.

2 Likes

Was so happy to have one of these show up when I wasn’t trying to finish a heroes chest, or worse an elemental chest of a wrong color. I think this is the soonest I’ve ever finished one, regarding time duration left.

Used some items, but it wasn’t too bad.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the “Dodge (evade)” talent can dodge status effects, just direct damage.

So even if they dodge Peter’s damage, the silence should still kick in.

Below is the screenshot of the Dodge tool tip:

5 Likes

Grimm - Marjana+7 - Little John+18 - Grimm+20 - Jackal+18

5 Likes

Same team but one change
AZLAR :fire: in for Scarlet +6

Took out the 1 eyed vixen first
Screenshot_20200219-222047_Empires & Puzzles
Then it was hold on to your pants coz AZLAR’S where setting :fire: :fire: :fire: to everything

Set the yellow gem off and the cascade killed the buggers before i burnt to a chrisp
Screenshot_20200219-222150_Empires & Puzzles
Emblems for the King, saving trainers

6 Likes

Yeah I am an idiot hahaha

2 Likes

This was far easier than I expected it to be. My team was Grimm (+14), jackal (4.70), Danza (3.60), Scarlett (+7), and Miki (3.70). Grimm and Miki, of course, were the stars of the show and Danza came through with knives on the final level. I used five minor heals and one arrow. The setup on the final stage before the bosses took them to the level seen in the picture in five moves (Miki’s special just ended).

Grimm will likely get the Barb emblems and I am not yet sure about the rogue ones. Undecided whether to level JF or Mariana for the trainer.

6 Likes

finished for the very first time. :slight_smile: , leveling Gretel and the additional emblems payed out.
Team:
Grimm +10, Jackal +18, Gretel, Peters, Miki (3-70)
Battle items:
Dragon attack (which I did not need), small healing pots, small mana, medium mana

11 Likes