đŸ§Ș Early information on the March 2021 HOTM Malicna

Yeah as soon as I posted I realized I was wrong so I went back and edited the comment realizing it’s elemental link only. We still may see some Dark-Holy-Dark-Holy-Dark teams with her as tank. She doesn’t have the stats for it, but a tank that can deliver -54% defense, -34% attack and -24% mana on top of her damage is a set up for victory.

Throw some combo of Odin/Drake/Onatel as flanks and then Seshat/Jabberwocky on the wings. If Malicna gets her special off and you’re not ready to cleanse (or resist ailments), and you’ll be in trouble. You can also do this under a rainbow team and ignore that elemental buff.

Because she’s dark, she can get away with better flanks than if she were fire, ice, or nature.

1 Like

I even liked the proposal: two weak skills, but one very strong. but to be worth the risk, coming from an average mana speed, at least this special ability had to be approximately 240%. Being 225% has a damage close to Panther and Mitsuko, lower than Francine, Drake and White Rabbit who are FAST heroes is kind of complicated.

4 Likes

From memory, there is never consistency with their phrasing. I think that I can confirm 0.8 tiles to be fake news. Possibly 0.6, but 0.8 per turn would allow her to recharge after only 6 more tiles (assuming level 23 mana troop). She ends up just short, however, meaning either the mana gain is <0.8 tiles or for some reason that the mana troop does not apply to the mana gain from the ability.

3 Likes

Good elemental link.

2 Likes

No reason to get fancy with her special here, just make her a hit 3 with defense down and attack down at average speed
 she’d then be a really useful hero worth maxing in dark
 -34 percent for each seems fair enough.

1 Like

What about averaging those alternatives into:
-22% defense
-15% attack
-8% mana generation?

It seems the average is worse than Buddy
 I would prefer Buddy -34% defense, -34% attack, and minion over that

I can foresee people complaining about how in defense it tend to choose alternative 1 while in offense it tend not to choose alternative 1 just because they don’t understand randomness :rofl:

7 Likes

I tend to agree. Take buddy for example and he is a 4*. Let her do one thing and do it better than 4* heroes. It’s getting too complicated and folks won’t go for it because of the inconsistencies.

1 Like

At least no alternatives is bad like the freeze of Danzaburo

However the alternative 2 will feel like a buff on the enemy if they already have more than 12% defense down
 and alternative 3 will feel like a buff for the enemy if they already have more than 12% attack down

Imagine your Wilbur fire and give -44% defense only for it to be replaced by -12% defense from alternative 2
 or your Vela fire and give -34% attack only for it to be replaced by -12% attack from alternative 3

4 Likes

They can leave 3 alternatives to make it fun like Rumple and Danza, but let all 3 options be of euqal strenght or 1 more powerfull than current version and the other two not as bad as current version.

2 Likes

The second i see “randomly casts” , i lose all interest :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t bring this hero with other attack or defense down characters. I try not to bring too multiple attack down or multiple defense down heroes on the same fight anyway, since they don’t synergize well with each other.

I look at the two “bad” abilities as a way to potentially overwrite an opponent’s attack or defense up buff. The amount of attack down and defense down that Malicna does on the bad rolls isn’t much, but definitely comes in handy to wipe out a defense up or attack up buff. 1/3 of the time Malicna rocks, 2/3 of the time he does a partial dispel.

Anyway, not saying I love the character / abilities, but I do feel that might be the most relevant aspect of his 2nd and 3rd abilities, which doesn’t seem to be talked about much (or I missed it).

4 Likes

I think the “chance of nuke” idea for a monthly brings new variety and I have no problem with that, but “33% chance of nuke and 67% chance of being useless” does not sound good to me. Sounds like playing Wu Kong with a hero slot–You have a hit or merely dead weight. Except your miss chance is higher than your hit chance.

If she were Very Fast with the damage removed it wouldn’t sound so bad because we get to keep rolling the dice until we get what we want, but this-- I’d use it as a poor man’s 5* to use if I hadn’t drawn a good one already, or a fair 5* in dark stacks for the element link & spare utility. If you’re stacking, you’ll still be strong enough the gamble may not matter so much. And with my first ignorant glance, that element link looks like it can make a difference.

If the damage gets cranked up to 250% OR the Attack & Defense penalties get driven up to 25% or 34%, the weaker two options would still be underwhelming (especially since it’s only for 3 turns), but she wouldn’t feel like she completely misfired and wasted a hero slot. She won’t be able to cast many times at average speed, so I’d rather those casts not be entirely wasted.

4 Likes

Not useless though

1 Like

Alternatives 2 & 3, well, just suck. It would’ve been better if Alt. 1 was spread out so they could either get defense down, attack down, or mana down at the Alt. 1 values rather than just 1 is the best, the rest suck, hope the luck of the draw is with you.

Another chance to have a hero that constantly frustrates you because in reality you will get the good skill around 10% of the time when in your team and 90%of the time when in the enemy team. Too many purple in the pipeline for this gal to ever get tabbards

3 Likes

They should buff this HOTM. Especially the 2nd and 3rd alternative. It’s :poop:

Ok damn i feel like this elemental link is going to be HUGE.

Small mana each turn for 4 turns? That can really help with average/slow heroes in mono teams! If this the elemental links for the next 5 hotms, then whichever one ends up being fast or very fast will be amazing.

Depending on how much mana is added each turn, i feel like this may be one of the best elemental links yet

3 Likes

Beta Update.

Malinca has returned to beta in V35.2 for more testing.

Gained a boost in direct damage (up to 260%) and some changes to all three Alternatives.

5 Likes

Great update,
 this will good pair with Rigard.C and Tibs.C
 and G.Panther
 I need more G.Panther.
But at avarage and cleric need +19 node to reach, so it is a long term for mana troop level 23.

Grimoire, it is like in Black Clover a manga anime :+1:

Definately move in positive direction, gj SG.

Only thing, I would change in strongest alternative, I would cut attack back to 34% and add, effects from first alternative cant be dispelled.

It is only 33% chance for it to happen, so this would really feel rewarding. Otherwise, enemy can have cleanser rdy, and all alternatives basically do same, which is raw 260% dmg.