šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the February 2022 HOTM -- Iris

I would like to see a demo if you can record. I have never been able to dispel both taunters. Typically Ludwig and Krampus/ B Knight when they both are active, Mel is able to dispel only the taunter who fired last. The other taunter is still active and protects the rest of the team.
And Lug doesnt have undispelable on.

1 Like

I agreeā€¦havenā€™t had the chance to replicate. This hero (iris) will definitely only dispel one taunter because she only dispels one hero period.

1 Like

I thought she dispels only 1 target?

I donā€™t really see what the difficulty is. This is so easy to reproduce, you could just confirm it yourself in game.

Anyway, I donā€™t have the means to post video, so I hope pictures will suffice.

Both taunters had fired:

I fire Melendor:

Taunt is removed from both heroes:

6 Likes

If you mean Iris (which would make sense since this is her topic :slightly_smiling_face:), yes. But a discussion came up about Sabinaā€™s ability to dispel two taunters at once. I was responding to that.

1 Like

No way, zagrog got a buff one day into his beta release and this poor girl doesnā€™t. Her DispOT needs to get fixedā€¦urgently!

3 Likes

Zag and iris both are the very embodiment of meh. If I get themā€¦ Sureā€¦ But not worth chasingā€¦ But not being upset over if I donā€™t get them. I think that is probably good for me emotionallyā€¦ But I wouldnā€™t mind falling in love like it as back in the telluria days.

I think Zag is quite better than Iris. In fact i will avoid pulling in the rest of January and February to try all in for Zag in March

Me too Iris is so trashā€¦ no damageā€¦ 0 use for her special unless there is 200%+ dmg boost vs red heroes that might make her playable but I donā€™t think so they would set it that high

I wouldnā€™t mind the low damage if she dispelled 3 heroes. Dispelling only 1 is ridiculous. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but the only buff I see it being remotely useful against is taunt, and thereā€™s already a ton of heroes who remove it as well, while also being able to dispel 3 to 5 heroes. Iā€™m not even sure that saying Sonya is better is an exaggeration.

Edit: Dispel 1 can be useful against Obakan and Sumitomo as well. Yay I guess. :partying_face: :raised_hands:

1 Like

I would love to have her. She reminds me of Vela (pre nerf). I hope they donā€™t nerf her.

Can they possibly make her worse?

Huh? I donā€™t get the hate for this oneā€¦think sheā€™s pretty good for a HOTM. What makes her so bad?

Gimmick dispel that only hits 1 target.

1 Like

For meā€¦ My dispellers are brought out against taunt. So she hits black knight krampus or Ludwig, the hit goes down to 1 on black knight, maybe 2 because of the extra damage to redā€¦ And then the dispel over time is applied.

If it is a double taunt active, she only dispels 1 of them, even if they are next together (whereas Sonya/Sabina/melandor) would dispel both of them. And because the dispel over time is active for only 3 moves, you can throw tiles into the hero to charge them, but 9 tiles over 3 turns probably wonā€™t charge them and now you just pissed them off.

Itā€™s just a bad mechanic and there are a ton of 4* heroes that do it betterā€¦ Soā€¦ In a nutshellā€¦ Thatā€™s why I donā€™t like her.

2 Likes

I see. She isnā€™t the best HOTM for sure, but she is FAR from the worst. The dispel for 3 turns is pretty interesting to me and she does Athena type damage in her hit to 3 (including the extra damage to red). Where would the dispel be used? Taunters are obviousā€¦Iā€™ve been in a situation where I had my dispeller charged and their taunt hero wasnā€™t quite charged yet. In that scenario you hold your special. With this hero you wouldnā€™t have to. Riposte heros would work for this too (Sif/Elena type)ā€¦as well as other one offs like Quenell/Wolfgang. She would be way better if they made it dispel target and nearby, but I see some use with her.

1 Like

If you hit Sif/Elena, only Sif and Elena would have their buffs cleared. They could still give their buffs to teammates.

Maybe Iā€™m just too jaded with the game, but I canā€™t think of a situation where Iā€™d rather take Iris than, say C Sabina or Mist. Blocking more heroes from receiving buffs is much more useful than dispel over time to a single target.

Also, I think the comparison to Athena is actually pretty damning of Iris. Youā€™re comparing the damage from a first gen HotM from 2017 to Iris, and I would rate Athenaā€™s defense down as a MUCH better special than Irisā€™ dispel over time to a single target.

1 Like

All Iā€™m saying is there are much worse HOTMs out there than this one. Would I max her if I pull her? No, but sheā€™s better than Balbar, Russel, and the slow lizard IMO from just the recent ones.

1 Like

Russell, I donā€™t hate him. if you have emilio or gravemaker, he effectively becomes very fastā€¦ and he doesnā€™t miss, which is huge against blinding heros or dodge. Chockā€¦ when paired with grimble (with removing minions) or xnolphodā€¦ he charges after 9 tiles and againā€¦ that blocking buffs seems 1000% more useful than dispel over time. On their ownā€¦ yeahā€¦ less than amazingā€¦ but I donā€™t foresee a good pairing with Iris to thinkā€¦ okā€¦ she is very useful and I am happy to have herā€¦ unless you want to say the hit 3 heroes of athena/frida would probably kill 3 heroesā€¦ but that 1/2 damage to the outside of the 3ā€¦ they might live. Andā€¦ if you already have Thorne/Richardā€¦ do you really want another hit 3 with meh on the sides.

1 Like

The fact youā€™re comparing her to the worst of the worst of 2021ā€™s hotms - and perhaps of all time - is damning in and of itself.

And one could argue that the lizard and Russell are better, which is embarassing given how incredibly bad they are. I agree that sheā€™s probably marginally better than Balbar though. This guys is straight up atrocious.

The saddest part is that just a small tweak would make her worthy of telescopes. Give her the dispel to 3 and/or a flat damage to 3, and she instantly becomes a solid hero.

3 Likes