šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V26 & V27]

I double checked, itā€™s correct as written.

1 Like

Not a typo, the information is correct. Fenrir deals more damage if the target has less health.

He really is a super saiyan version of Greymane :wink: He even heals 50% of damage dealt ā€“ just like Greymane does

6 Likes

Exactly! Iā€™ve been wanting a very slow hero who is truly deserving of being called a very slow hero!

Even going further in my example, if there is only one enemy left, does that one enemy receive 5 boxes? Do they have to withstand getting hit by 285% damage 5 TIMES?!?!? And thatā€™s before their max hp will be dropped by 335 x 5 or until they are at 30% max hp?!? Are we going to see 5* heroes with 300-400 max hp when they get hit by this all by themselves?!?!

So Sif is reducing damage by 50%, which means counter attack damage is reduced too, right? Seems kind of underwhelming for a 5 star. Freya too, only heals minions?

1 Like

I may be wrong, but since counter attack is first in the lineup, I think the counterattack damage is the same as it should be and then your heroes end up taking only 50% of what they should have received. Again, I could be wrong but thatā€™s how I interpreted it at first

4 Likes

Testing indicated that the counter activates first (full damage countered), and then afterwards the damage taken is reduced.

This is because the damage reduction is not calculated like a regular defense buff. In the damage formula:
100 x (1/3 if tile damage, otherwise 1) x (Īø x Att / Def)^1.35

The total attack value is divided by the total defense value. The defense buffs are applied in the bottom part of the division.

The formula above is what is used to calculate the countered damage. Thatā€™s why defense buffs and damage share buffs affect countered damage negatively, since the damage taken gets reduced in that formula.

Damage reduction, however, is applied after the entire formula is done.

In other words:

Att / Def (defense buffs calculated here)

( 100 x (1/3 if tile damage, otherwise 1) x (Īø x Att / Def)^1.35 ) x damage reduction modifier after entire formula is done

5 Likes

I also have a question about all of these season 3 heroes who decrease max hp. Is this temporary or permanent for the match? Will a cleanse bring your max hp back to normal? If you get hit multiple times and your 5* hero now has a max hp of say 600, is the only way to bring it back to normal is have a hero who boosts your max hp? If so, do yā€™all think that heroes who boost max hp will become the new prized commodity?

1 Like

Permanent for the duration of the match. Reduced HP is not a status ailment, thus it canā€™t be cleansed. Boosted HP from Heimdall is not a buff either, so that canā€™t be dispelled similarly.

Boosted HP is the only way to counter the negative effect of reduced HP right now.

4 Likes

Damn, since it seems like Heimdall is the only one who can boost hp at the moment (plus his amazing revive ability and attack boost) it seems like Heimdall is going to be the most coveted hero for S3 :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

Who knows but I am v excited to see how all these new abilities will shift the meta game!

2 Likes

Isnā€™t Mistā€™s (4*) skill, Valkyrie Charge better and faster than Neithā€™s (5*) skill?

2 Likes

Heimdallā€™s revive is subpar honestly, 20% chance to revive is pretty low. I see it more as a cherry on top more than anything ā€“ nice if it activates, but players who rely on him reviving fallen allies are going to be dissapointed.

Heimdallā€™s real advantage is the boosted HP ā€“ excellent to take DoT or to push your teams survivability further.

3 Likes

I am wondering if Fenrirā€™s %600 damage is going to work on titan because with wukongā€™s buff that is a LOT of damage :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

@zephyr1 @DaveCozy @Guvnor

When max hp is increased by 500, presumably an additional 500hp is added with it, not just the potential. Since REDUCING max HP seems to occur after damage is dealt, is an equivalent amount of hp also removed even if not at max hp? For instance, if an opponent is at 300/1200 HP after receiving damage from an Alf cube, does the max hp reduction leave them at 300/865 HP or does it act like flat damage along with the reduction and kill them?

Also, if fired defensively, does Norn affect tile damage of attackers or only specials?

1 Like

True, the revive percentage is not super high but from someone who doesnā€™t have Mother North or Alby, I am happy with anyone who has any chance to revive. It definitely is a cherry on top ability, but itā€™s also definitely one of the best cherry on top abilities a hero can have. The increased health and attack boost is already fantastic on its own.

1 Like

The 600% only applies to his attack stat. So say if his special did 1000 damage to the titan before it reached 50% HP, then below that his special will be doing around 2400 damage. So itā€™s not a huge amount, when compared to tile damage. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for clarification, it is some kind of cherry on top for me so i would take that increase anytime if i have chance :slight_smile:

4 Likes

WOW!!!
Early thoughts below and a few questions for beta testers in there somewhereā€¦(its a bit long and the thoughts were not formatted the best so i apologize in advance.)

No way he stays Fast this attack is insane (also is this influenced by what the heroes original max health was?) I only ask cause I can see serious shenanigans with him and Furaā€¦ Also does the 300-600 difference work like jabber where its just 300 twice or is it actually 600%?

Never saw an answer for this (please see below sorry)

Even at VSlowā€¦this is a lot of damageā€¦and the more enemies already dead the more devastating it getsā€¦Also my question for Fura above can be tested with this hero if she is not back in betaā€¦

Boss wolf is weeping somewhere

This doesnt effect chameleon or gazelle right.

works well with brynhilda no? can see shenanigans here as wellā€¦

Does this include elemental links from HOTM and does this eff innate abilities?

Since he doesnt inherently target a specific enemy does blind eff this special?

Am I wrong in thinking that Fenrir is S3ā€™s Kage in reverse, with a cherry on top?

6 Likes

Wish blue would have got something a bit more interesting then another sniperā€¦ just donā€™t really see a need for more of that in blue (make Fen red please) ā€¦ but still seems like a good hero, have a feeling heā€™ll be overrated a bit. The very slow dark seems insaneā€¦ the holy look interesting (hate counter) ā€¦ fast minion Freya seems fun but not a needā€¦ oddly enough, most excited about some of the 3s and 4s here.

1 Like

Hmm a reverse kageā€¦interesting

Guess to balance the heals

5 Likes