šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Christmas Heroes (Santa's Challenge) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V33]

Forgot about Frida, she is so rare)

Yes, Malosi is strong counter, in line with Mist and C.Sabina.

I donā€™t really care about them, Iā€™m going to use 90+ EHT on this event aiming for Buddy and MN. I have abundance of Red and Blue but lack of Green.

1 Like

You suggest skip Morlovia and aim directly to New Year?
I have 20 EHT, and like Francine and Vanda.

1 Like

A simple way to buff Krampus is to give him a chance to spawn a super minion whenever he gets hit when his taunt is active. For example.

ā€¢While taunt is active, there is a 33% chance to spawn an ice golem minion with 25% hp and 45% atk inherited from the caster. While ice golem minion is present the caster is immune to dispells.

Itā€™s akin to ā€˜A Flesh Woundā€™ but still different enough. It will help keep Krampus alive.

Personally though, I donā€™t like how defensive the Christmas 5* are. I guess theyā€™re a foil to the summer heroesā€¦ but still.

2 Likes

In our (alpine) traditions, krampus was the mean bloke besides Santa, the one actually trying to put you in his sack! So we were actually terryffied by him (until we were old enough to chase him ;-)).

No one will be terrfied by this Krampus so I find him quite disappointing,

2 Likes

Krampus is basically a reverse Black Knight who summons 10% minions instead of ā€œjust a flesh woundā€. A Blue knight in essence; he certainly aint no white knight thatā€™s comin to save me. BK is still better imo but weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

Yeah, Krampus really needs a boostā€¦ setting aside that heā€™s an inherently weaker version of BK, there are ample green dispellers (to say nothing of def-) so folk donā€™t even need to make a hard choice to counteract him.

Needs big improvement.

But what if his defence buff will be undispellable?
So, you can dispell the taunt, but not defence up.

2 Likes

Last year I saved ~40 tokens for Christmas. I got exceptionally lucky by getting Mother North, Santa, Buddy, and a second Buddy. Will I use any tokens I have this year?

Krampus as a tank seems to be the popular opinion

Iā€™m not super excited by Krampus. Until war tanks are forced to switch colors, Iā€™ll stick with Santa or Frida since theyā€™re all emblemed up. On offense Iā€™m not sure heā€™d make it into my top blue stack. After Frida and Grimm I would rather have another average hitter do capitalize on the double defense down. Iā€™d probably stick him on my backup blue squad with Raf where Iā€™d hope Krampus would help keep Raf alive long enough to get his special off. He could be helpful for an autoplay team with MN and Santa (especially with the minion buff).

Carol: Hmā€¦Iā€™m not sure how I feel yet. Fast mana is always good, and when it comes with mana cut can be helpful in many situations. Iā€™d love one to help take down Telly. What Iā€™m not sure about is if the pumpkin bomb with delay damage is good enough. 402 damage to target and 202 damage to nearby enemies seems decent, but I think Scarlett could get similar damage in. Then it becomes a question of if Iā€™d prefer the mana cut and delayed damage for immediate damage and attack down. Her biggest benefit is that sheā€™s a sorcerer so I have plenty of emblems to use on her if I got her. Buddy > Carol.

Frosty seems pretty weak. Maybe a 3 star minion generator can make him niche enough? Iā€™d compare Frosty to Grevle. Iā€™d rather have the 250 heal (which is technically a 40% heal for Grevle), let it add boosted health, and get 30% attack for four turns over 30% defense for 3 turns.
The only area I think he can be useful would be 3 star tournaments with no green since he effectively is the only blue ā€œhealerā€ I can think of. If itā€™s Ninja Tower or Tavern of Legends I could just use a four star hero that is better. If itā€™s Rare Challenge events I wouldnā€™t use him.

Perhaps Frosty could be fast mana and be more useful? At least then heā€™d be different enough. Kvasir is fast and summons a better minion.

The family bonus seems a bit weak as it only applies to minions. Iā€™d rather have 2% extra HP and attack instead. Springvale gave 10% attack for 2 heroes, Sand was defense, and Morlovia is supposed to be 5% mana generation. I would take any of those over 2% buff to minions. 10% HP would be a very nice addition to the already beefy heroes.

Each of the new heroes is outclassed by existing heroes from the same portal. The overall portal odds have improved, but with more heroes, your chances of a specific hero donā€™t improve at the same rate. Iā€™m lucky enough to already have what I consider to be the better heroes from this portal. Iā€™ll be using all tokens I currently have onMorlovia. The only thing that could change my mind would be the January HOTM, future changes to these heroes, or something telling me why Carol and Frosty are a lot better than Iā€™m thinking (Iā€™m not going to summon solely for Krampus).

If I did not have the heroes I already have, I would definitely use all of my tokens on Christmas rather than Morlovia. Mother Northā€™s revive is just too rare of a special skill to not save up for.

2 Likes

GIVE CAROL MINION on caster!

She cant even use family bonus! Every christmas heroes needs his own elf :slight_smile:

8 Likes

My concern is that heā€™ll complement telly too well; put him on flank, and if people arenā€™t careful, the taunt will fire, preventing them from killing Telly with specials, giving her more time to self heal and summon minion meat shields

Thatā€™s a good thought. If Carol got a minion for herself that would make her a very unique hero that I would find myself using more often.

I think Iā€™ll save my tokens for Easter now, actually. Reuben (december hero) is also out of my wishlist. Maybe itā€™s just my first impressions but theyā€™re not in Santa, Mother and Buddyā€™s level. Even Rudolph can summon minion. Carol canā€™t. Frosty is just like Olaf (2*) with a minion. The 5* blue looks solid, though.

Still wouldnā€™t be enough. His problem is two-fold he doesnā€™t apply any pressure to the opposition and heā€™s to easy to counter. I think I would probably also add a mana cut, make it so that someone canā€™t just charge a dispell/def- wait for him to go off and instantly nullify him.

He doesnā€™t compliment Telly that much better than BK

1 Like

I agree Carol should be like Bubby minion to herself and near by heros and mana reduction to hero and near by change to maybe 10% reduction, then gift to target. The family bonus makes no since if she cant summon.

Frosty seems MEH.

Carol seems interesting with the bomb, but will take careful planning to time the gift bomb just right.

Krampus is similar to QoH, but sheā€™s better overall cause she at least does some damage. Her taunt may be minion based, but keep it alive and it can last longer than 3 turns. He may have a better defense stat, but she has a better HP stat. Iā€™d still pick QoH over him.

At least now I know Iā€™ll be using my saved up Epic Hero tokens for Halloween.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also not particularly interested in Krampus (I already have Aegir as a good-enough Blue tank), Carol, or Frosty.

Iā€™m more interested in Mother North (duh, resurrection) and Buddy (can replace my costume Brienne on Blue Titansā€¦). And Santa, because my Red stack isnā€™t all that.

So will still be saving some EHTs for Christmas, for sure. Despite the diluted pool.

medium speedā€¦ if telluria is still alive after medium speed goes off from flank, she probably already casted her special twiceā€¦

Almost 60k in gems and, so far, 51 EHT waiting for the new heroes (and MN still). Cannot wait!