🧪 Early Information on Mystic Summon [Part of The Beta Beat v63]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Mystic Summon.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Mystic Summon

• Mystic Summon allows you to summon by watching an ad
  • In Beta is it added for Elemental Summon, Challenge Festival and Atlantis Summon probably it will be added to others in the live game if Staff decide to release this feature.
  • They are available once per event.
  • This summon will not increase the Fated Summon counter.
  • You can see a “:arrow_forward:Free” icon on the main summon screen in the top left of the event’s banner if it is available.
  • If you click on this you get this Confirmation screen:

Information tooltip for the summon:

If you click on the Watch, then a summon is performed, and this Mystic Summpon option is removed from the summon portal.

More Valuable Daily Ad Summon

The Free Mystic Summon is available in Daily Summon too after you have used all of your Grey Summon Tokens.
It gives “Up to 20x Value” as a banner next to the button.

What does this mean ? This is the answer from Staff:

:link: Related Threads

15 Likes

I’m guessing legendary will be something like a 0.1% chance lol

But who am I kidding, I’ll watch every single one. A free pull is a free pull

10 Likes

More watching of Royal Match ads for me, please no but I shall persevere :disappointed_relieved:

14 Likes

haha yes, but i dont mind if it means freebies

4 Likes

lol yes, but it’s becoming more and more tedious

Free pull, even with worse ods is still a free pull. I like this idea.

15 Likes

This could be a big boon to FTP getting more FS choices. Looking at December’s calendar, that’s potentially 14 FS-eligible summons per month for free!

• Opera
  • W3K
  • Contest of Elements
  • Pick up
  • Underwild
  • Covenant
  • Goblins
  • Atlantis
  • Untold Tales
  • Dunes
  • Valhalla
  • Owl Tower
  • Costume Chamber
  • CF1

(I’m not counting aether and ascension summons. I assume they won’t be included since we already get some freebies there.) Over the 6-month FS period, that’s almost one extra pick for absolutely nothing!

This also gives everybody at least one shot at every portal, even the typically PTP Covenant-without-quest portal. There are several portals I have never pulled from because the odds seemed so bad, but there were some potentially interesting heroes there. And surely to goodness a few of these will hit eventually with a good pull. Even without the HotM chance (bummer), this is still a good feature. Please do this, SGG!

5 Likes

I’m not so sure if it count towards FS (since it isn’t eligible for HOTM pull either already) but maybe @PlayForFun paid attention to see if it counts or not (or some in-game tooltip mentions it) :thinking: But just like you, I really hope it does.

2 Likes

I considered this, but didn’t want to speak it to the universe. Even still, it would be a win to have at least one shot at every portal, but much less of a win than if it moves the meter on FS. With the “quality” of FS candidates in the current list, I don’t think it does much to the precious “game economy” if it does. But it might convince me to take a flyer on a hero like Red Hood or Margaret that I wouldn’t ordinarily take but could be useful/fun if I could get them for almost free.

2 Likes

It does not count towards FS (I did my mystic summon and my FS counter is still at 0 in beta).

Nevertheless, I generally only get 1-2 pulls per portal to begin with, so another free one (even if it does have worse odds) is still a nice improvement.

I’m waiting for some cynic to complain that they’re making beta testers watch ads to generate revenue now.

13 Likes

Did my first summon here and got 3 pulls (1*, 2*, and 2* heroes). Well worth it compared to the one I get from the daily ad nowadays.

It’s free so what is not to like …
Looks good to me …
And if you don’t like watching the ads then just skip on by …

2 Likes

Sorry, Fated Summon counter is not increased by this Mystic Summon.

It is not stated anywhere. So I am reporting a Beta Bug so that Staff can clarify this.

5 Likes

I got 3 pulls too from this.

4 Likes

This is an Addition, that is really FOR the Players and which would bei really good ans widely appreciated

1 Like

I got back some answers from Staff.

• Mystic Summon in event portals will not counted towards Fated Summon.
  • “x20 Value” banner in Daily Ad Summon means that it gives 20x more XP value compared to normal daily summon.

I have added this to the OP.

13 Likes

more summons are nice. even if it’s just a feeder, at least it’s a free feeder. and hey, occasionally the summon will give a great new hero too!

not counting for FS, eh fine, whatever.

and of course… more revenue for Zynga is always nice too :wink:

win win!

5 Likes

So no HotM chance and no FS credit? Leave it to Zynga to introduce a popular feature and then do their dead-level best to limit its benefit as narrowly as possible. Thanks for the update, regardless, @PlayForFun .

The FTP-ness is strong with this one. This is how we tend to look at things, isn’t it?

6 Likes

Yeah, and it’s something more and something new that wasn’t there before :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s kinda of bad design if you need to have zero currency for that type of summon to watch the ad.