šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on "IMPROVED" Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Can you explain 12 Ingredients?

If itā€™s 12 Rare Ancession for 1. Thatā€™s insane!!! :expressionless:

2 Epic Ancesion for 1?
Really??
Seems like itā€™s getting worse.

Iā€™m an avid user and fan of the alchemy lab. For what itā€™s worth I only use 3 levelsā€¦ 3 9 And 10 but I use them regularly and do not mind the gem costs for the items produced. The problem with the current lab is that 7 of the levels are kind of useless. This really looks like itā€™s just adding additional pointless levels and eliminating the actual beneficial features of level 10.

4 Likes

Overall impression:

• Good: Some of the lower level transmutations seem to become considerably cheaper so that can actually be useful. For instance, 4B to craft midnight roots and grimoire dust from unused 2* mats. 14.5k food + a few mats of which we have incredible amounts that we would never use anyway seems absolutely fair to me :smile:

• Good: The much lower alkashard requirements + buffing emblems and 5* battle item rewards. Thank you SGG :+1:t2:

• Bad: Some transmutations still have ridiculous prices or are mostly useless (but Iā€™m quite positive that there will be further changes)

• Ugly: Giving 2 epic ascension items to get one seems more than wrong. I guess, P2W were much happier with the old system even if it meant paying gems. Also, I firmly believe that there should be a way to get non-farmable 3* ascension mats from farmable ones (maybe a 10% chance or so) and 4* mats from non-farmable 3* mats (same here, small chance and high food cost). Also, I think converting 4* ascension mats to other 4* ascension mats should be at a 1:1 ratio. For this level, I would consider a gem fee (but less than 300) in addition to a very high food cost appropriate (but only for this and only if itā€™s 1:1 again)

Overall impression: A huge leap into the right direction. Some price adjustments on the lower levels would make it even better. And the barrier between farmable mats and unfarmable 3* mats as well as unfarmable 3* and unfarmable 4* mats needs to be removed.

6 Likes

Use Damascus + Tabard = Boom got yourself Tome Tactics.
Congrats you can start to uninstall :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Itā€™s 12 Rare FARMABLE Ascension Materials for 1 random Rare UNFARMABLE Ascension Material.

Youā€™re trading in this sort of stuff:

And getting a random one of these:

11 Likes

Thank you @zephyr1 for writing all of this.

I see this new version as an improvement over the old one mainly because of the improved rewards. In the old version it takes months to collect 10ā€™000 shards and the rewards are then somewhat a letdown. Requiring 1ā€™000 now is a huge improvement.

If itā€™s actually faster to collect shards with the new version is debatable because of the removal of the option to use two or three recipes but once youā€™ve built level 10 you can get the required shards with only one transmutation. Thatā€™s also a huge improvement.

The ability to produce backpacks is awesome as well. The only ugly thing I see is the last level, where you loose an epic ascencion item, this seems like a mistake :sweat_smile:

But yeah, Iā€™m liking this update so far and Iā€™ll happily go back to collecting more shards, now that I still can do multiple conversions :yum:

4 Likes

Okay thatā€™s good to know. At least I can Run AL lvl 9 foreverā€¦

1 Like

I am thinking the same. 10A transmutation looks like the best option to get alkashard and sitting on alkashard gamling table (ofc depends on transmution time which we donā€™t know yet)

1 Like

Mostly in the right direction, but I run level 9 for that chance of a 4* mat. The proposed changes to 9 and 10 hurt.

-Tim

2 Likes

Well, ability to burn that stockpile of wooden swords and books to gain some backpacks and clothes is fine. But sacrifice a 4* material and get random one - no. This just negates all the idea of the alchemy lab. My thought, lab should take junk and give us some useful stuff. Iā€™m positive, if result is random, conversion should be 1 to 1 for a 4* mats.
Next thing is combining shards. Lowering the cost is a good thing. Removing a guaranteed 4* is not. Maybe we should have some kind of shop here. 4* is 5k shards, 3* is 1k, emblem is 100, titan items 200, refresh is 10, forced refresh after one purchase.
Another issue is multitasking. If times are small (like 1m) - fine. If itā€™s something like hours and days - we need a queue and multitasking.

7 Likes

Zephyr, you are awesome! I speak for thousands likely when I say we appreciate your effort put into this. Always love the posts and insight on everything.
Now, This level 10B where it costs you TWO 4* ascension items to get a random ONE in return? No thank you. 10A seems maybe ok if I needed rare items (I donā€™t)ā€¦but could be ok for alkashard collecting I guess for an ultimate shot at something decent.

8 Likes

i love 1st Version and always use it , i better pay 250 gem + 1 *4 than need to sacrifice 2 *4 + 3M food just for 1 + random ? oh dear , i can say goodbye to Alchemist lab now

bad update , just same as Titanium shield

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see it, but has anybody tested what happens if a transformation is queued up in V29, using an existing recipe, (I.e. in your regular account), and you import it into V30 beta.

Because I have a significant Dblade surplus and might queue up ~4 transformations now since the two for one is worse than the 250 gem cost by a long shot for me.

If I do Iā€™ll be lucky to get half of them out before release.

Thank you @zephyr1. I dont comment much but read alot. You are amazing along with the other moderators. I am switching from advanced storage for sh25 to finishing AL

3 Likes

Q2: are existing alkashards just copied over in the upgrade?

It looks like the value of them is increased a bit; cashing in takes 1/10th the shards but gives more like 1/5th the rewards.

I would gladly cough up Mystic rings +(1-4) Non-Farmable 3* mats to reroll them into a different 4* mat.

I would gladly sacrifice 16 Non-Farmable 3* mats for 1 4* Ascension Mat, maybe just a chance at that 4* Ascension Mat.

5 Likes

Thanks, @zephyr1! I have to tell you that this is a great read. You write better than some graduate students Iā€™ve graded: clear, concise, with proper spelling and punctuation. Iā€™m proud of you.:wink:

Alsoā€¦wonderful info. Thanx again.

4 Likes

Definitely agree!! When you separate the wheat from the chaff you dont start with 2 pounds of wheat and come out with a pound of wheat and a pound of chaff!! A 4* AM plus 2 3* (and the obligatory pummeling of my food stores) would seem much more even keel

ALSO
I most definitely will lament the loss of multitasking as that was one of the unique features of the Alchemy Labā€¦ maybe they could have an Alchemy Key you pay like $5USD to unlock a second Alchemy ā€œroomā€ in the lab so you can run 2 at onceā€¦ similar to the already in use second base builder VIP affords you (sorry fellow players for suggesting yet another monthly expense on top of the VIP and PoV)

2 Likes

Thereā€™s so much information about the AL both previous and new, I havenā€™t built it yet so I donā€™t know anything about the AL butā€¦

Assuming that the new AL stays like it currently is, is it worth it to use AL now to save up shards to use after the change happens?