šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Thanks @yelnats_24

Sorry to be a pain, could you show me the part where 5* dupes are utilised?

This is the cost of HA10, along with 300 recruits and 1288k food.

I donā€™t want to push any buttons, just wanted to ask would this info be shared here or a separate thread? If shared eventually.

Right but thereā€™s no point hoarding 10 Magniā€™s?

No unless you are incredibly lucky and get 10 non dupes in 10 attempt.

1 Like

If it comes from Small Giant directly, a separate thread.

2 Likes

AH I see, so dupes are only useful to the extent that you can convert them into a hero you donā€™t have

1 Like

There might be. I would be patient and wait until the dust settles before feeding away a slew of dupes. I mean, if youā€™ve kept them upwards of 3 years, what will it hurt to wait until v30 is released?

3 Likes

Maybe v31 as they said it is final versionā€¦ that is if they decide to overhaul it post release like ALā€¦

Well, there may be more shared around or before the release of v30. Itā€™s best to wait for pertinent information.

I wouldnā€™t expect any saving graces, timelines, or concrete promises (It is SG). However, I would expect the issue to be commented on given the high bar of expectations that the HA will likely fail to meet.

I personally will probably never feed away a 5*. They represent too much value to be wasted on a minuscule amount of XP and it is too poor of a game design to have no use for them. This shouldnā€™t be a permanent feature in the game economy.

3 Likes

Ah @Kikyo you are an idealist indeed, I salute you.

I have completely* lost that trait about me lol (*mostly)

1 Like

I think this disqualifies me from idealist. :wink: Itā€™s also easier to have the view after the berating SGā€™s taken in beta through the 4 or so cycles of the Hero Academy. Iā€™ve criticized SG and been angered by HAā€™s almost intransigent design, but there are much more impassioned posts than mine in beta. I tend to walk away or post a very succinct post if Iā€™m perturbed by something.

Iā€™m unlikely to stay in beta if nothing is announced publicly and have already started free/more casual play in the live game (as much as a leader can be casual, I suppose).

7 Likes

Guess weā€™re all different shades of white/grey lol, fair enough

1 Like

So to clarify, only changes in Beta had to do with multiple actions in researching or creating.

So we still get a 5% chance at a HOTM or S2 hero like Ariel or Kage??? Or has that changed too???

Pretty sure Atlantis heroes are not in the HA pool.

Season 2 5* are in hero academy

1 Like

Cool, and are old HOTM still in there too or no?

Everything available is in the first post. Old HoTM, challenge event heroes, and Season 2 heroes. :slight_smile:

Sweet! I am happy to be wrong!

I read the original post and thought they were included but someone above had HOTM crossed out, thought I missed a change. Thanks for clarifying!