Danzaburo - is he worth it?

I had three Danzaburos and ended up making one of them eat the other two. Survival of the fittest I guess lol.

2 Likes

Missed opportunity. I would love to have a 4 Danza + Wu purple titan team, it’d be so devastating or so frustrating :joy:
I :heart: my Danzaburo

I’m starting to regret that decision a bit. Rookie mistake at the time as I’m now learning how valuable a deep roster can be :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Fed many to keep two.
The lead Danza is stuck at 4-60, Inari joined the team and took the feeders, then Delilah, now Musashi and Joon are waiting.
He keeps hopping up and down in the corner waving his hand vigorously, pleading plaintively “please, just a little bit more, please sir”!

3 Likes

I think we all do it, I ended up feeding 4 or 5 gravemakers to my other two…Now I’m kicking myself for doing it, but I had just started playing and really didn’t have a clue

1 Like

OK, this question seems to be in my wheelhouse. I think I’m in a similar situation to OP. I kept hoping and hoping for a better yellow option than Bane. Then, on Thanksgiving, out pops this little badger guy, and I was like, “Oh - KAY”. And I’m not a big fan of randomness, so I really wanted a better option to pop out while I was leveling this little critter, but alas, to date, I’ve pulled two more Danzas, and he’s still my best yellow option until I can get the mats for Onatel.

So I have maxed Danza, given him three levels in the talent grid, and used him A LOT in all contexts. My observation is that, yes, the three tricks do tend to occur with approximately equal frequency, despite what you will feel when you throw two straight snowflakes during a boss wave. (It will be tempting, but throwing your mobile device against a wall at that point will only create more problems!) As noted, the snowflake leaves you basically no worse off than you were before it happened. Yes, you wasted some mana and it will take some extra time to recharge, but you didn’t lose defense (a la the rabbits) or anything. The swords attack (damage + blind) absolutely will save your bacon and win some fights that would otherwise be unwinnable. It is that good. The fun factor for me was throwing swords when I was farming 7-4 and wiping out a whole wave of fully charged minions at once. I felt like Thanos doing the snap! So there is some fun factor there.

As pointed out also, his health and defense are quite good, and at the time, the top criteria for my main heroes was, “Don’t die.” Despite his mild appearance, Danza is surprisingly good with this mandate. He’s a hearty little booger. I do think folks tend to underestimate him in raids. I think my defense team is reasonably solid as a whole, but I’m pretty sure Danza has won me a couple that I should have lost because the attacker was counting on seeing a snowflake and he or she got swords instead.

Bottom line is, if you are hardcore going for the win every time and you have a more consistently performing option, you are going to hate Danzaburo. I like winning as much as the next guy, but I had (and still have, really) no better options, and I have been pleasantly surprised with his overall performance, especially his defense. That said, I haven’t had experience with many comparable yellow heroes yet, so mine is an incomplete picture, but if you set your expectations accordingly, you can do worse than Danzaburo.

12 Likes

Good write up here mate!

I’ve actually got the exact same Danza as you, as far as level and 3 down the talent tree is concerened anyway.

My other yellow heroes are two Chao’s so Danza is a useful mix up option

I didn’t have any other rogues, so I gave Danza all of my emblems to date. That evade is amazing. He’s harder to kill than Joon. Definitely a solid investment, if you don’t have Vivica yet. Keeps me alive pretty well, between bottle, swords and taking fire without dying.

3 Likes

I still get feeze so much!

And he has yet to use evade even once haha.

Mind you, my Boldtusk has only ever come back to life once

I did end up ascending Danzaburo and I’m finishing him before I move on to Musashi. He’s inconsistent but powerful.

Real question is once he’s max level is he with his evade and his crazy specials a better tank than my Boldtusk 4.80+3.

What do y’all think is scarier?

Sonya(4.80+3)-Boldtusk(4.80+3)-Danzaburo(4.80+3)-Tiburtus(4.80+6)-Caedmon(4.80+6)

Or with Boldtusk at tank?

Since most of the players are used to Boldie, I’d give Danza a chance.

I like him most casting the bottle. The team fills up like crazy afterwards and will be well protected.

Will give him my orbs over Musashi, cause he’s meh.

1 Like

Musashi weak? I think he’ll be a great sniper on the wing in my setup. I know splash dmg sometimes only hits 2 but his overall dmg is really nice. I’ve been lucky with orbs so the 12 I had are going to Danzaburo and Musashi

1 Like

i did extensive testing with danzaburo at 3/60, and he simply freezes too much. i would say easily 2/3 of the times when I “need” him, he freezes. thus i have no plans to ascend him, even though ive accumulated 15 orbs. lol

i also have misandra, and i dont like her either due to her unreliability. 60% of the time, she’s terrible. the mana regen is negligible and her damage against other 4/80s is horrendous. but at least she DOES do a little bit of damage and offers up a tiny bit of mana regen with each attack. and at fast, she can usually attack twice per round, so she has her uses.

danza… if he were fast and he missed 1/3 of the time, id go with him, but at average speed, he doesnt cast enough to make him worthwhile, just for me.

Did you systematically record the frequency of freezes? Or are you reporting a general recollection? Also, how many times did he cast?

1 Like

Freezing should cause 1 turn invulnerability for him and another 2 of the frozen state and he was great.

for me, rather than focus on the percentage of freezes, i only focused on when he would have made a difference. i trust the RNG nature of his ability, he often streaks… 3 in a row freezes, 3 in a row swords/bottles, etc. but generally, where it counts, he was freezing over 50% of the time for me. since i cant count on him to either put up a blind or a def boost, ill never use him as a main lineup, so he’ll always end up as a filler for my weaker war attack teams. as such, I decided to pass on ascending him.

That’s just a psychological matter, since bad situations will be saved in another area of the brain. The evolution will prevent us from hurt and therefore bad things will more often be kept in remembrance.

7 Likes

I’ve been running Danza on my main yellow stack for a while now, and he’s almost square on advertised percentages. A little over 2/3 of the time I get something really helpful when I fire him…and 1/3 of the time, his tile damage is still decent :slightly_smiling_face:

With Leo and Onatel, he actually makes a much better #3 than Chao or Li Xiu, since they basically replicate my already-solid mana control.

The other option would be Wu Kong, but I find he tends to lose marginal boards that were winable, but blows enemies off the board in fights I was already winning. There’s a much broader range of effectiveness for Danza.

3 Likes

I’ve been using him against purple titans and in wars. The odds are equal as advertised as I have experienced it. He is worth ascending for titans and wars for sure IMO.

1 Like

It’s so funny how much I like him now, given how sure I was I would hate him before I started leveling him.

2 Likes