🐼 Costumed Zhuge Liang – 5* Holy / Yellow from War of the Three Kingdoms

New War of the Three Kingdoms costume is released: Costumed Zhuge Liang

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Zhuge Liang, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Zhuge Liang.

Costumed Zhuge Liang

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Monk
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Kingdom
Image Aether Power Description
mana-boost Mana Boost At the start of each battle, this Hero receives a small amount of mana over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Unstoppable Minions
- Resistance against Minion removal.
- Can’t be prevented from receiving Minions.
- Minion attack and abilities can’t be disabled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Triumph of Strategy
  • Summons a Shu Soldier Minion for each ally with 33% HP and 33% attack inherited from the caster.
  • When summoned, the Shu Soldier Minion gives its owner the ability to counterattack with 55% of the damage received as long as the owner has a Shu Soldier Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Summons a Shu Guerrilla Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 70% attack every turn.
  • The Shu Guerrilla Fiend absorbs healing. It disappears after absorbing a healing amount equal to 55% of its target’s max health.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kingdom family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 2% / 4% / 6% mana each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.
  • 3% / 5% / 7% heal each time a Minion is summoned for the Hero.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Minion HP is increased from 25% to 33%, attack from 20% to 33%.
  • Boosted reged aether power is changed to Mana Boost.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Kingdom Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v67]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Zhuge Liang ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Zhuge Liang.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Zhuge Liang and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Zhuge Liang worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Zhuge Liang on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Zhuge Liang ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Zhuge Liang as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Zhuge Liang Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Zhuge Liang’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Zhuge Liang and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Zhuge Liang, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Zhuge Liang when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Zhuge Liang, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Zhuge Liang (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Zhuge Liang), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Zhuge Liang (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Zhuge Liang worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Zhuge Liang would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Zhuge Liang’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Counterattack Buffer
  • Fiend Summoner
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Zhuge Liang compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Zhuge Liang’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Zhuge Liang’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Zhuge Liang’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Zhuge Liang is better ?

• Normal Zhuge Liang
  • Costumed Zhuge Liang
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Zhuge Liang worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Zhuge Liang is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Zhuge Liang is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Zhuge Liang worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Zhuge Liang then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Just one gamer’s opinion

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm:

6 Likes

The hero card is updated with the changes.

I have just enabled the polls.

2 Likes

I just got him on the first pull. So my slow team now has a minion and fiend summoner…

1 Like

I’m a little pissed as a long time Zhuge owner. He was always too slow and weak and was never buffed, and now they expect me to pay for these massive buffs instead. Not happening.

1 Like

Bought the cheap web deals and pulled him this morning. Already have him maxed so going to get the costume up asap

5 Likes

Fiends are capped at 1000 health. With current heroes with lego troops, health is above 3k. To clear his fiends doesnt need 55%. 30% plus healing will do to clear his fiends. SG needs to review the capping for fiend life as the game power has increase. Last time health was 2.5k health and cap at 1k fiend life. So now, with lego troops and power creep, they need to increase accordingly to 40-50% which is around 1500 life for fiends. Not just for zhuge but for other fiends summoners too…

4 Likes

Got him on the cheap web deals, and I have to say, I wish I could have been more excited, but the health cap in particular irks me as @TalBane pointed out.

I’ve not got him levelled, but also, the costume bonus has really left a sour taste in my mouth. I’m going to leave him where he is until i’ve slowly finished working on G Elephant and Lazara….

1 Like

I was happy to draw him too, but I noticed that the monsters he throws at enemies instead of taking hp away from them are hitting my heroes. Anyone noticed this bug?

1 Like

I think with his mana boost aether power if you make 3 matches of 3 yellow tiles over 4 turns he will be charged.

I believe this makes him much more viable for offensive use beyond rush.

Finished him.( had his base already done)

Last shot is stats with a 5 star matching troop

4 Likes

Whats the hp for the fiends?

Depends on the target but most I’ve seen is 2000( makes sense since that is the new max i guess)

They average around 1700-1800 it seems tho for most targets.

Are you finding him effective on defense? I put mine on fast track leveling but now realize only his own minion has the protections from passive. Was going to replace Cleopatra as tank (our alliance runs yellow tanks) but now not so sure.

Its always hard to judge how someone does on defense. Biggest advantage is even if the minions get countered he puts huge fiends on everyone , and if the attacker has to bring multiple heroes to counter one hero, that makes it harder to bring counters for the other 4

Im loving him on offense, with that mana gen power is can fire in 9 tiles pretty early

3 Likes

@PlayForFun
Have a small assist for you. I was looking through top defenses & noticed c-Zhuge Liang’s aether power is mana boost & not boosted regen (as is shown in the OP). I don’t have beta access so it maybe it was changed from there.

Thank you as always!

2 Likes

Thx, for noticing this. I have fixed it in the hero card description.

2 Likes

Congratulations @MountainMann I think he may actually be useful now.

@MountainMann, what is your opinion on Zhuge vs Scrollbeast?
I have both, and need to choose between them. I have 5 other goblins at Max, will get C Diaochan up soon as well. (For Family related boosting).

But from a similar ability POV, Scrollbeast has 100% retaliation but does not have minions/fiends. He has the mega minion and wither effect though. I was leaning towards Scrollbeast, mainly because of the mega minion, but stat wise Zhuge is a benchmark.

Any input before I take the plunge on either?