📕 Costumed Phorcys – 5* Dark / Purple from Untold Tales

New Untold Tales costume is released: Costumed Phorcys

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Phorcys, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Phorcys.

Costumed Phorcys

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Paladin
CT
Changing Tides
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Untold Tales Defenders of Atlantis
Image Aether Power Description
revive Revive If this Hero is defeated during the first 4 turns of a battle, they are resurrected in the beginning of their next turn with 1% health. All status effects and stacks are removed when the Hero dies.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
- Deals 80% damage to all enemies.
- All allies get +21% critical chance for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Order from the Depths
  • Special Skill need consecutive uses to reach full power, the following order:
  • 1st
    • Summon a Merman Minion for the caster and nearby allies with 25% HP and 25% attack inherited from the caster.
    • The Minion adds 4% mana to its owner at the end of each turn.
    • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 3 turns.
  • 2nd
    • Summon a Merman Minion for the caster and nearby allies with 30% HP and 35% attack inherited from the caster.
    • The Minion adds 5% mana to its owner at the end of each turn.
    • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.
    • Stack (Max 10): All allies get +25% attack for their Minions.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Defenders of Atlantis family
Bonus for 1+ Heroes:

• This Hero is counted as part of the Atlantis family if teamed with at least 1 Atlantis hero. Heroes share the following effect when teamed with Atlantis heroes:
    • +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

Bonus for 1/2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to give all allies +36% increased attack after this character receives Special Skill damage.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2024

July 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Beta Information: Not available.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Phorcys ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Phorcys.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Phorcys and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Phorcys worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Phorcys on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Phorcys ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Phorcys as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Phorcys Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Phorcys’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Phorcys and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Phorcys, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Phorcys when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Phorcys, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Phorcys (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Phorcys), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Phorcys (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Phorcys worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Phorcys would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Phorcys’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Summoner
  • Mana Increaser
  • Taunt Buffer
  • Minion Attack Increaser
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Phorcys compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Phorcys’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Phorcys’s Base Stats?

Note this means Phorcys’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Phorcys is better ?

• Normal Phorcys
  • Costumed Phorcys
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Phorcys worth giving Monk Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Phorcys is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Phorcys is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Phorcys worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Phorcys then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Interesting 2lb effect

The 1% mana bonus is definitely noteworthy.

If he had had the regular 5%, he would have had 6-tile potential when paired with a bard in his base form (20% from a troop, 5% from the bard , 5% from the regular costume bonus, and 4% from the mana node at +20 in his Monk form, giving him just the 34% boost needed to go from 8 to 6 tiles to charge).

However, at just a 1% mana bonus from his costume, he can only hit +32% mana gen, which is 2% short of what he needs for a 6-tile charge.

I would guess the idea here is twofold.

• By not having a 5% mana boost, base Phorcys does not overshadow cPhorcys
  • This allows flexibility to avoid 6-tile charges should they make any Changing Tides costumes Monk/Druid/Sorcerers. Given the power of some of their specials, this may be wise.
3 Likes

Thank YOU!!!

2 Likes

The OP is updated with the missing numbers.

Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

Hi, in the game Phorcys C has 4 turns of Taunt in the second charge.Thank you for the post!

3 Likes

Thx, I have adjusted it in the hero card topic.
It seems it is higher than the regular Phorcys’s Taunt duration.

2 Likes

4 Likes

So the costume bonus is 10/10/15/1, so as it should be, even with costume bonus he is a bit behind on stats vs newest heroes.

Atlantis is 7/7/13/5 btw.

I assume they will update the costume bonus as they release more costumes and time goes by. Regardless of the bonus, Phorchys is a top notch hero, and this gives him more survivability. He is still a regular for me even if I have pulled many heroes after him.

What I do not understand is the 1% mana increase. That is neither her nor there. With 2% the costume would be able to reach full mana on 7 tiles with lego troop.
Now only the original with its 4% vs 2% mana from nodes does this, while costume does not.

Anyway, would still like him for the boost it would give my original, but alas, probably not going to happen as he did not show on my saved coins

2 Likes

How does this guy get a costume already when he is still relevant and so many other heroes aren’t?

5 Likes

Its called money grab. There are a few players who will pay anything for just anything. And he, being a valuable card in certain meta settings and overall offense just makes more financial sense for SG.

5 Likes

Just look at how many people got hathors costume on release lol… every top hundred player and many msny more I’m sure… she was so hott she got featured back to back (to back maybe even i think) but yeah certain cards they know alot of players will pull til they get it

1 Like

I have asked this for Staff.
They have answered back couple hours ago, and they said the 1% mana bonus is intended for Untold Tales costumes.

1 Like

Hi, is the custom emblem path exactly the same as the regular path? Do your know this?

Is it just me or is the base hero better than the costumed one?

2nd charge on costume, is better than 1st, but overall, yes, original is better