📕 Costumed Gestalt – 5* Fire / Red from Untold Tales

New Untold Tales costume is released: Costumed Gestalt

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Gestalt, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Gestalt.

Costumed Gestalt

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Wizard
CT
Changing Tides
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Untold Tales Nightmares of Atlantis family
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill:
- Deals 80% damage to all enemies
- The caster get +19% mana generation for 2 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sunken Magma Cube
  • Special Skill need consecutive uses to reach full power, the following order:
  • 1st:
    • Deals 275% damage to 3 random enemies.
    • Hit enemies became afflicted with Underwater Magma Cube.
    • While afflicted with Magma Cube the owner get -34% defense
    • Magma Cube explode in 3 turns doing 300 damage to their owner.
    • If Magma Cube is dispelled, the owner get -34% mana generation for 3 turns. (If the Magma Cube is replaced by a new Magma Cube, it explodes. This can happen up to 2 times per cast.)
  • 2nd
    • Deals 375% damage to 5 random enemies.
    • Hit enemies became afflicted with Underwater Magma Cube.
    • While afflicted with Magma Cube the owner get -44% defense.
    • Magma Cube explode in 4 turns doing 450 damage to their owner.
    • If Magma Cube is dispelled, the owner get -54% mana generation for 4 turns. (If the Magma Cube is replaced by a new Magma Cube, it explodes. This can happen up to 2 times per cast.)

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Nightmares of Atlantis family
Bonus for 1+ Heroes:

• This Hero is counted as part of the Atlantis family if teamed with at least 1 Atlantis hero. Heroes share the following effect when teamed with Atlantis heroes:
    • +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

Bonus for 1/2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to cast -10% mana generation for 3 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

July 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Beta Information: Not Available

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Gestalt ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Gestalt.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Gestalt and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Gestalt worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Gestalt on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Gestalt ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Gestalt as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Gestalt Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Gestalt’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Gestalt and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Gestalt, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Gestalt when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Gestalt, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Gestalt (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Gestalt), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Gestalt (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Gestalt worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Gestalt would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Gestalt’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Damage Dealer (Delayed)
  • Mana Generation Debuffer (with damage if dispelled or replaced)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Gestalt compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Gestalt’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Gestalt’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Gestalt’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Gestalt is better ?

• Normal Gestalt
  • Costumed Gestalt
0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Gestalt worth giving Cleric Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Gestalt is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Gestalt is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Gestalt worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Gestalt then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

I think that, like Phorcys C, Gestalt C Will have the First skill worse than normal Gestalt, but the second skill Will be way Better than 2nd Skill of Normal Gestalt.But,After all,does Gestalt really Need a costume?

1 Like

Hard not to read the special ability and not think Zynga is trying to push the next wave of players out of the game with the new costumes.

Get more and more ridiculous, and more and more players will uninstall!

2 Likes

The polls are now enabled for this costume.

1 Like

I am absolute fun of him, but there are many heroes who really need a costume.
Gestalt a relatively new hero, and he get a costume? Really?
Are they stuuuupid by accident or on puspose?

5 Likes

I suppose Gestalt is the most chased hero from this portal, that’s why. Next would be Madea. SG’s gotta keep those $$$ flowing.

3 Likes

Another Beta By-pass :face_exhaling:

Is the writing on the wall for the Beta Program ?? :thinking:

Could someone supply the fancy name / title for this costume ? TIA

2 Likes

Prince of the eternal pearls.

Got him today off a free pull after striking out on 50+ pulls in the solstice summon. He absolutely didn’t need a costume but I’m not going to complain now lol

5 Likes

Thanks @ant - much appreciated :green_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t think beta is going away. They still have us testing new stuff. I think the costumes are bypassing beta because we have repeatedly asked them what on earth are we even supposed to test when they are just lazy uninspired cash grabs with the same skill and barely different numbers. They apparently listened and decided they don’t need to test them.

Plus with the flood of new heroes we have to test, a lot of us ignored testing the costumes anyway because there really is nothing new to test. There just isn’t enough time to get to them in the 3 or so days a beta round is live when you have 8 new heroes and six costumes or something equally ridiculous you have to test.

4 Likes

Wondering why the polls say costumed version is better than original? I guess he’s more attack oriented (with his stats and alpha power), but I feel like cleric class might be better than wizard class? As for the specials, I’m a bit on the fence whether I’d prefer the stronger first hit or the second :thinking:

2 Likes

maybe because his wizard class can add a lot of damage and only first cast is lower

from second cast he always cast second part of specials ,only speed is changed

especially superior wizard do 25 % chance to add 25% more damage per buff and today teams have ton of buffs

2 Likes

Also with the attack up alpha power the impact of the first special is basically the same with both versions but the second special is way better with the costume.

4 Likes

Oh yes that’s a good point! Just uncostumed version has greater survivability so depends on which you want to prioritise (similar to Hathor vs Costumed Hathor on defence) :thinking:

1 Like

I was upgrading Madhammer while I was blessed with C Gestalt. I can only upgrade one of them to (2) LB. I am torn, can you guys suggest. With both, I have no Synergy advantage. I am running mana troops at lvl 30 - no legendary yet.

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, the Cleric class adds good survivability, Wizard is fine but only obviously tops/great with the Superior talents the S1 heroes have, dispel is amazingly useful.

I thought I was doing something wrong when toggling between base and costume because the specials are so similar. A teacher would reprimand a fourth grader for being this lazy and yet it is corporate policy (clearly an issue of cost, creativity can be expensive).

Delighted to have him since I did not have any Gestalt until summoning him with the costume. The stats bump from the costume isn’t great but beats a sharp stick in the eye and since Gestalt is such a beast, it makes him a bit more beastly.

Another question for discussion:
I said Sword path in the poll too (100% have chosen that as of this post), BUT are we at the point where even our attacking beasts go for survivability to try and maximize the number of times they can cast their specials? I plan to use him as my regular DD on titans so will go sword path, but just a thought that has been brewing for a while, especially as I am re-embleming heroes from the update (lower emblem cost, stripped many heroes to save emblems).

2 Likes

Don’t know if he’ll replace my Xenda or not :smiley:

5 Likes