🎭 Carmenta - 5* Fire / Red from Carnival of Gods

New Masked God hero is released: Carmenta

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Carmenta, as well as your thoughts on Carmenta.

Carmenta

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Sorcerer
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 976 950 1940
4/90 1117 1087 2219
Origin Family
Carnival of Gods Masked God
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Minion Death
This character is cleansed of status ailments when Minion owned by them is destroyed.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Master of Ailments
  • Spreads all of the target’s cleansable status ailments to nearby enemies.
  • The duration of the status ailments is reset for target and nearby enemies.
  • Deaks 495% damage to the target, and minor damage to nearby enemies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Masked God family:

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 861 to 906.
  • Defense is increased from 838 to 881.
  • Health is increased from 1707 to 1800.
  • The damage is decrease from 565% to 495%, and this skill is moved to the last skill instea of the first one.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Masked God Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v59]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Carmenta ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Carmenta.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Carmenta and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Carmenta worth summoning for?

• Would you use Carmenta on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Carmenta ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Carmenta as an opponent?

• Would you give Carmenta Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Carmenta’s character design?

• If you Summoned Carmenta and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Carmenta, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Carmenta when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Carmenta, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Carmenta (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Carmenta), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Carmenta (post release)

:question: Is Carmenta worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Carmenta would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Carmenta’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Ailment Spreader
  • Ailment Duration Reseter
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Carmenta compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Carmenta’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Carmenta’s Base Stats?

Note this means Carmenta’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Carmenta worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Carmenta is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Carmenta is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Carmenta worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Carmenta then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

Big fan here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: love everything about her…will wait and see how she looks when she’s released. Maybe I’ll get lucky in this portal…god knows the elementals aren’t kind to me…good luck everyone!

6 Likes

I hope they tone down the damage. It defeats the purpose of what’s she doing when she can just easily kill stuff
Ailment reset imo should be to all

He hits 3 and his primary purpose is to kill opponent. Additional skills that he spreads target ailments to nearby. And most of the time nearby target has the same ailment.

What else is there to do? I thought the game is to kill opponents hero… why do u need the target to stay alive… just wondering?

1 Like

Because of quintin. The target needs to stay alive to spread his own ailment. But that’s if I can get carmenta in the first place…
I guess bubbles as well?
wished morgan le fay’s ailment was dispellable. That would be nice
It’s situational, but there’s a lot of heroes that give one status ailments as well, goretooth etc. you can turn him into a proteus

Ok. Got it. For u to synergise with just one of your hero, u want this hero to be nerf. What a good call. Hope SG will have it your way and nerf this hero to hit from 565% to 70% or something

2 Likes

I will pretend to ignore that snarky remark, which made no sense by the way because she’s not even released yet as of now. But you do you.
She will probably be in the same situation as rayne back then when she hit too hard her poison couldn’t spread, and they had to tone her damage down. Dart’s damage also ended up toning down for his burn damage to spread. And many people probably got quintin in the SE, so if there’s a way for these heroes to synergise nicely it would be a bonus.

Maybe there is another way around to do it. Just a suggestion. Bring an additional hero along that does share damage for enemies such as wilbur/c.gunnar (im not sure if there is other 5* hero that does that skill).

Hit wilbur then hit quintin and then hit carmenta. If all the opponent is not dead by then, it has 3x 100% amp and the damage is shared by all. Another hit from AoE, then it will be gg for the opponent or hit em with tiles would have them heavily hit for the next 4 turns

They’ve reversed the orders of the special and the damage comes last, so problem solved!

4 Likes

I’ve a question:
If your Carmenta hasn’t status ailments, 495% to opponent and less damage to nearby enemies is fine or not? She’s average maná

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

I got blessed with carmenta. My Quintin and waddles have a new friend!

20 Likes

The good news, they reversed the order so it solved the original problem
The bad news, then they don’t really need to reduce the damage now lol
But I see the reason being consistency. Since jove was nerfed to below 500%. This hero would be awkward being 565%

3 Likes

Lowering the damage is fine but part of me wished they didn’t reverse the order. As much as I like to pair her with Quintin, I would prefer if her ailment reset is changed to affect all. The spread ailments part is situational at most

Edit

When I say ‘wished they didn’t reverse the order.’ what I meant to say is she didn’t need to reverse the order of her skills. In return of lower damage, her ailment reset should have been AOE as it is a lot more practical for her

1 Like

But what’s the disadvantage with them reversing the order, I only see a benefit from that (or no difference, but not a negative)?

Also congrats on the pull :slight_smile:

I mean, there is no disadvantage to it. Although the spread ailments part is really not important. It’s okay and I’m not complaining about something trivial like that. It benefits a niche pool of solo ailment casters like Quintin, goretooth, bubbles/waddles etc, so it doesn’t matter to me the order. But as she is my first ailment resetter, I would want her to reset all enemies ailments instead of it being to 3. That is a lot more important

Thanks, just 10 pulls for her

Second coin pull… Got lucky

13 Likes

Wow that’s extremely lucky :slight_smile: IMO there can be benefits to the order, because if you’re spreading say a DD or EDD to nearby enemies and then doing the damage, the damage will have greater damage than if it hits before that debuff.

4 Likes

I think no need to lower her damage, her first skill is spread the ailment, so If you fire Quintin first, then fire her, the Quintin ailment still can be spread to nearby. Btw congrats for your pull.