Best way to "waste" food?

A few things to consider would be:

1. Mine or Watchtower upgrades
  2. Research (ex. new levels of the Forge, Training Camps, Alchemy Lab, and Hunter’s Lodge all require food to research)
  3. Leveling Troops in the Barracks
  4. Crafting any variation of Mana Potions and Healing Potions, Antidotes (and later, Revive Scrolls) from the Forge
  5. Training Camp 20 trainings (once you’re further along)
  6. Emblem Node Advancement for the Hero Talent Grid (this also uses Iron)
  7. Rerolling to your heart’s content for beatable Raid opponents (useful, but not as productive)
  8. Transmuting craft items in the Alchemy Lab (when you are much further along)
3 Likes

thanks! I think I’ll do troops since my tower and mines are already at the level of my SH

ironically, I was just telling someone in my alliance not to invest in the barracks yet because it’s too expensive

The Troop Leveling at the Barracks is VERY expensive on food if you have the troop feeders for more lucrative 3* and preferably 4* troops. It’s a good waster, if you have the feeders, and a very necessary part of the game in order to advance far in the Seasons.

i use a lot of antidotes against titans- mats for those shouldnt be a problem

That’s a good point. I edited my post to include that. Minor antidotes are very useful in negating Burn Damage from Fire titans, Poison Damage from Dark Titans, Defense Down from Ice Titans, Attack Down from Nature Titans, and Blinding Effect from Holy Titans.

Very good point on the antidotes.

1 Like

Barracks

Like using 1* heroes to level 5* heroes, troops are only expensive because 75% of loot troop drops are 1* troops.

Rumors from Beta say Hero Academy creates 1* to 4* troops. So troop training might become cheaper. Or not. SGG makes a lot of money from energy refill micro transactions.

Resource surplus

To answer you original question, it has been over 157+ days since I collected from training camps or farms.

I think @zephyr1 has finished their base ( until Stronghold 24 is released). So iron piling up.

Some times spending food (farms ), iron ( mines ), or finished recruit training ( camps ) is not an option or not the best option.

P.S.

A recommended build order:

You have max food and not enough recruit. These are what I do until now.

Run 3 TC20 and 1 TC 11. TC 11 is good to keep recruits … usually I farm recruit during atlantis season 2. 6. 9. I got at least 20 recruit just using 3 discount ticket. I keep these extra recruit on TC 11. My TC 11 have more than 360 days to finish training my extra recruit. When I have extra food, i take 100 recruits from TC 11 and I add training in TC 20 …

But when I need extra food I will take food from TC 20 and all the extra recruits will be keep in TC 11 …