Probably an easy question for most of you – Would you take some time and build thing up to level 20 or should I plug away and get my Stronghold to 24 as quickly as possible

The main reasons to get sh up to 24 are

• unlock and additional advanced farm, food, and iron storage
  • anticipate and prepare for sh 25, which will unlock the hero academy

It looks like you don’t have any advanced buildings built yet, so the first point won’thelp you at all. You almost certainly don’t have enough food storage or iron storage to build or research anything at the HA yet either, rendering 2 unnecessary for you also. Remember also that increased sh level also increases you food cost to reroll raid matches! It’s not trivial as you raid in higher leagues and need to stack to win raids.

Before considering further sh upgrades, you should at least have upgraded as many buildings into level 1 advanced buildings as possible (except possibly hunter’s lodge, that can wait). If you log in frequently and have completed s1 then I’d push iron storages and your watchtower as your highest priorities - the watchtower produces almost 2 farms and mines worth of resources at L20 with s1 finished and you can collect resources from it while it upgrades. After that, if you have vip then push a tc to 20 along with all of your farms. Do mines as you run low on iron. Then I’d move on to a single house along with food storages. Last, do a forge while you work on adv iron storages and your adv house. When advanced storages/production buildings are available convert them (again, except hunter’s lodge - items are too expensive and must be expensively researched first). You don’t need more than one forge 20 or house 20 - my houses are adv L10 and 11, 10, 9. My forges are 20, 12, 11 (under a hunter’s lodge) and 9 (under my barracks). Rushing a forge 20 isn’t great because forging items is an iron sink and will delay your progress on other buildings (esp with vip) - the forge was the 2nd last building i maxed (food storages were last)

Tl;dr recommend going watchtower>iron storages>tc20+farms>1 house+food storage>adv house+forge. Convert to advanced production/storage asap when available. Mines whenever iron is short.

1 Like

I have 4 training camps. Usually I run TC 11. I will run TC 2 depending on backpacks and if I am heavy on food or if I want to push one hero to be done quicker, I might try TC 19 for a bit to get a lot of feeders quickly. My alliance was able to take down 8* titans, but we lost a great player and are kinda struggling with 7’s. I would love to be able to attempt a 14 star titan, but I would need to spend some time in a training alliance. I like the alliance I’m in (the leader is a personal friend of 25+ years), so I don’t really wish to change.

I have 3 rainbow teams of 3 stars and almost done with 3 rainbow teams of 4 stars. I am going to try to get a rainbow team of 5 stars afterwards (need 1 dart and 2 tabards to complete the whole set). Then I will work on another set of 3’s and 4’s.

Summarized version:
Mines, then training camps, then food storage, then Hunter’s Lodge, then iron storages, then stronghold level 23, then Advanced House. No reason to rush for level 24 stronghold until level 25 is released with the Hero Academy.

The long lecture that I actually wrote first:

If it were me, I’d max out those mines ASAP. That’ll permanently increase the rate you can level everything else, especially if you go VIP and use two builders at once. The sooner you max those, the sooner you max everything else.

Next priority would be training camps. I have one level 20 camp and three at level 11 for 2-hour heroes. I really like that setup, and I don’t think I’ll feel a need to level them again until I have a colossal supply of level 60 4* heroes for wars. Then I won’t need so many little trainer guys, and I’ll be grasping for more 5* chances because I’ll have nothing else to do.

I also recommend at least a level 1 Hunter’s Lodge because I love my harpoons. :heart:
Oh, and if you get all your food storages to level 20, you’d still need an advanced one just to research harpoons.

Then I’d get a level 23 stronghold (which will require, I think, taking all your iron storages to level 20 and then two advanced storages to level 4 & 5). I’d get this for the Advanced House, which I’m currently leveling right now.

I don’t care about stronghold level 24. It unlocks a couple storage upgrades (which you’ll already have a massive ton of by then) and another advanced farm slot. I still have 7 of my 9 farms at level 10. Personally, food’s not an issue for me. Don’t see what the big deal is there. :confused:

2 Likes

I always seem to be out of food and never have an iron issue. Anyways, great advice from you and y’all. Thanks

2 Likes

What does all the food go to, anyway? When I run out of food, it’s because I’m leveling a mine. Or, about once every blue moon, I actually have enough troops to level up a 4* troop. Those are good days.
Is it research? Is it funding multiple level 20 training camps day by day? Using miracle scrolls?

As an old Starcraft player, I get the sense I may be using my resources inefficiently here…

1 Like

I’ve recently done quite a bit of embleming lately. Also, I raised up a rainbow team at the same time and all of them tended to need ascending at the same time. The food costs of ascending 5 heroes (2 with costume) were a challenge. I also ran one TC at 19 to prepare for a war and that had higher food costs to run and then to level. If I just run my TC at 11 all the time, I would have a food surplus, but then I get impatient at waiting for them to level.

1 Like

For me it’s training feeders and leveling heroes. I like to keep a TC2 running non-stop, which is 8x more ham to keep it going than a TC11, plus the ham to feed the output to heroes. I do TC11 just for storage, and another that flexes between TC2/TC1/TC11 depending on resources (and TC1 is basically just a hole in the ground that you throw food into). And then TC20 of course just sits there, but the TC2 and the flex camp are fairly food heavy comin-and-goin.

2 Likes

Huh I’m the exact opposite, I never have enough food because I’m constantly leveling heroes or troops, but I always have an absolutely massive surplus of iron, to the point I have to regularly craft bombs just to not overflow my iron storages.

For this reason I upgrade my farms before anything else, currently 5 at 17, 2 will be at 17 by tomorrow morning, and by the time Atlantis begins all will be at 17.

1 Like

I highly recommend you stop working on stronghold push and level smaller buildings.

Since you say you are rush building, does that mean with gems? If so, that’s not helpful. You are spending real money, do you have VIP? If not, that’s the best use of money for you. You can have 2 builders, and you can stagger the times stuff will be done, and smoothly use your iron.

There are lot of different ways to go about it, and what I found most usfeul, was to put into my spreadsheet everything I wanted to build, and then have costs, and times in hours. Then I could prioritize. I used the E&P Bible to get the base info, and added from there.

There are already a number of specific suggestions, and once you slow the rush building,and work on building that complete sooner, you should find a flow that is working for you.

2 Likes

This is a good point

Notes

Food hoard

Training camps

([Repost, Training Camps] Recruit training - common training ( RT01 ) to Legendary training ( RT20 ) - Advice, Stats, and Math)

Challenge events and Diamond

Then complete all tiers of Challenge events ( good source of emblems, flasks and 3* ascension items- not necessary for alliances killing 9*+ titans ).

Get to Diamond raids as soon as you can ( second best source of 4* ascension items, which is not going to be as good as 9*+ titans).

3x rainbow 3* 3.50 teams ( 15x total heroes) 3x rainbow 4* 4.70 teams ( 15x heroes for 30x total heroes), 1x rainbow 5* 4.80 team ( 5x heroes for 35x total heroes), 1+ Rigard, 1+ Boldtusk, 1+ Melendor, 1+ Kiril.

Edit:
Oops, not awake yet

Healers will help a lot.

I do like 4*+18 healers, since I only have one 5* healer.

Summoning

Probably stop summoning, 4* ascension items are going to be scarce for you.

5* 3.70

@RandaPanduh had an interesting solution, only level your heroes to 4* 4.70 and 5* 3.70. Do not use emblems, do not use 4* ascension items.

3* ascension items are much more common than emblems and 4* ascension items.

Using color stacking, you can complete most of Empires with 4* 4.70 and 5* 3.70 .

Using a Forge level 17 ( Dragon Attacks ) and Hunter’s lodge level 1 ( Harpoons) you can complete all of Empires.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

2 Likes

Advanced house unlocks at Stronghold 21.

Alchemy lab is Stronghold 23.

1 Like

Hero Academy may, or may not, help.

Quick note

3+ heroes 4*+18, or 5* 4.80, will gorram frak your account’s war matchmaking.

@RandaPanduh idea of no emblemed 4* heroes, and no 5* 4.1+ heroes, really help with the flaw in war matchmaking between your 3rd 4*+18 / 5* 4.80 hero and your 15th 4*+18 / 5* 4.80 .

1 Like

I’d get everything up to 20 on storage and windmills and mines. Maybe one craft to 20.
To get to sh21 you need advanced iron at lvl 8 maybe higher anyways.

1 Like

Thanks for the sage advice. I am able to scratch into diamond, but I don’t last long. I am not sure I can get 60 diamond wins for the POV challenge to get to 50. I really only need to get to POV 48 for the AM. I currenly have about 35 diamond wins. My TP is 3834, so I color stack in order to beat the 4000 TP I face in diamond. I have to reroll a lot in order to pick my battles. I know I lose a lot of food doing this (or at least not growing my food as I make earn food with victories and opening chests.) If I can get 2 tabards and 1 dart I’ll have a lineup of (not sure of the order) Jabberwock, Magni, Joon, Heimdall, and Tyr. I think that team will at least keep me close to diamond. I have all of the AM to get this team other than the tabards and dart.

Last 2 tournaments and seasonal event I was able to complete fully. I also can complete the rare quests that give AM.

Trick is to get into Diamond, then do Tournament battles, each win in tournament while in Diamond counts for Path of Valor Diamond win.

Also if you open your Wanted Hero Mission Chest while in Diamond, you get Diamond 4* ascension item rewards ( not great but better than Gold or Platinum ) even if your previous kills were in tournament/ Platinum.

Gold/ Platinum/ Diamond Wanted Hero Mission Chest can give you 150,000+ food if your food storage is all level 20, or Advanced food storage 1+ ( see notes ).

That is a lot of rerolls.

Same is true for iron and iron storage.

Note

(Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You - #246 by Gryphonknight)

1 Like

No, not even close. Hunter’s Lodge requires more iron than SH21, and that is possible w/ Adv1, 1x 20, 3x 19. Source: my alt account.

Getting to SH23 requires pretty high advanced iron storage, and unlocking harpoons requires a ridiculous amount of food storage.

1 Like

Didn’t mention anything about hunters logde. :woman_shrugging:

Yes, but like I said— HL costs more iron than SH21. Therefore SH21 requires LESS iron storage than what my alt currently has.