Best way to "waste" food?

As it is designed right now, alchemy lab is not a reliable source of one specific item, as you get one random result per alchemy.

The bonus price you get using Alkashards (a fixed amount for every alchemy) is one of the most interesting things about Alchemy lab, but not so easy to obtain (expecially for no spenders).

So all my common herbs/minor potion strategy is all centered to get that bonus.

One thing i did not mention is that from so many common herbs you can still obtain a great quantity of other 2* rarity materials rather then 2* rarity items, so the choice is still yours if you need/want have materials rather then items.

I do not recall if backpacks can be crafted with it, so many people could prefer that rather then axe or medium potions.

I personally have many backpacks and lots of spare ham, so i’m in the ideal condition to do the common herbs-small potion conversion strategy.

All of you must consider your items/resource situation before doing it.

Leveling up your mine uses food

1 Like

I got same problem with food but:

1. all buildings that need food for upgrade are maxed
  2. all troop used instantly
  3. no mats to produce useful stuff (same point with small potions as Elpis)
  4. tried to collect recruits in order to train legendary but the used food is back more or less instantly
  5. Sometimes produce at lodge but all items need iron as well and I need this to upgrade advanced buildings
  6. Any time I got enough emblems for next level I use them

Any other suggestions what to do with the food? This way I will never complete food mission :frowning:

Exactly the same for me, I have TC 13 with 7 on waitlist, advaced fire hero with 28 (!) in waitlist (new 5* fire needed to be fed) and never enough recruits. out of some items to craft stuff and all building who needs food for upgrade are max now. oh and no troops left, so just have to wait to upgrade my iron stock to upgrade my bastion to upgrade my watchtower… gonna take time :-/
I have 7 farms and 4 mines, 2 empty spots where I could build nothing but forge (not useful, already 2 of them)

1 Like

Tks for ur detailed reply.

So the aim is to get alkashards.

Can i start making minor healing potions?

Or do I need to get my alchemy lab up and running first?

I 100% agree with this

1 Like

The best way to “store” food is by training heroes in ct20 or ct 13. I do this and also use the cheap but slow training and can store the food I get without having to spend it on the foundry. When you need it you can remove it from cts. And one more thing, do not spend food improving your troops yet, wait to get troops lv 4, preferably those of mana.

Now I get way they call you “bard of the forum” :grin::grin::grin: Definitely the most “poetic” way of getting rid of unwanted food!

What use are hoards
Of victuals rotting,
Iron rusting
Recruits forgotten

Light the forge
And bend your back
Strike the anvil
Ashen black

Call out the guard
Ere they come
Raise the banner
Beat the drum

'Tis the way
Forever more
Charge headlong
To Total War

6 Likes

Hey, I really enjoied “Six Flags”! So nowadays!

1 Like

If your intention is to do the same, then start crafting everytime your ham allow you to do it.

Since alchemy eat ham, if you craft and do alchemy at the same time you need to have double ham then before.

Ok will do.
Thanks!!

1 Like
  1. Upgrading your mines or watchtower
  2. 4 star troops use a lot of food
  3. TC 19: It’s the most efficient use of your recruits to produce XP, but very intense on food.
  4. Making mana potions for later.
  5. If all of that fails because you’ve run out of mats in #3 and #4, just store the food in TC20.

I had the same problem as you, but I didn’t use TC 19 when I should have.

Give me more rugged clothes Iand I will :wink: Due to lack of them I train all others I can…even one and first level with swords and backpacks.

1 Like

I keep a barracks at all times, because I feel leveling up troops is a better use of surplus food than most other things. However, I am often either out of feeder troops or don’t have 10 of the same color.

I will forge items when I need them, but I have a solid surplus of most things. Right now, I was building a stock of harpoons, up over 100 at this point, and just got SH 23 done, so now will have things to use food/iron on again quite nicely, with conversions.

“Wasting” food in this game is easy, I would prefer, on my side, you explain me how to have more ^^.

What level are you now @Ziel05?

My SH is 20, all my farms are 20, after reach level 19 on one training camp, 13 and 11 for the others and 16 with my forge, I’m presently upgrading my food storages to 20. Then I will complete Iron Storage to 20 before SH 21.

As my alliance is a little one I have no rush with new building, Im focus on advanced storage, food and mine.

On hereos side I have ton to upgrade and I have a decent amount of AM also… Plus emblems, plus preparing challenge quest and event…

So yes I don’t understand how you can have too much food, I don’t even know when I will start to upgrade my troops…

No worries @Ziel05. Some of us are at a point where you cannot use the huge amount of food we get from the mills. Just as example. I just produced some 6 harpoons as I currently upgrade my stronghold for a few days and don’t need the iron. Well, my food is nearly full again…

Hello! I am a relatively new player (~2-3 weeks) and have learned a lot by reading these boards! I wanted to ask about an issue I haven’t seen addressed…

What is the best use of food, if you do not have a hero waiting to ascend? My SH is at 11, my TCs at 11/11/4, and I think I leveled my farms too high as I now am consistently having too much food to use. I want to try to get to TC13 before I upgrade food storage (currently 7/7/6) but feel I have to do food storage so as to not waste food.

I even took my outpost to level 11 just to use up excess food. I don’t have enough recruits to effectively ‘bank’ food in TCs. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated!