🔵 [Aug 28, 2019] Trials of Survival Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

He could take the place of Kelile or Domitia imo. With no need to dispel, Domitia isn’t a must have as much in this particular trial.
And Kelile is kinda just meh🤔… She does help your red tile damage hit harder though, as bringing LJ would give you a rainbow in this trial.
Be sure to bring health pots and it should be all right. With his special ready before going to boss wave, Azlar won’t be a threat as long as LJ keeps him debuff.
With my (and your) lack of healer in this trial, LJ makes it much easier as you can work the board a bit more with little risk of unfortunately charging them (As i can see has happened a few times in this one for you😂)
Besides, with Gormek’s def down, it makes LJ hit quite a lot!

3 Likes

Team last time having to use a current SS because I didn’t post on the last thread:

Biggest material change this time was acquiring, ascending, maxing, and embleming Scarlett. Bye bye Jack Sparrow.

In hindsight, maybe I should’ve dropped Obakan instead of Kestrel. Oh well. Didn’t matter.

Just gonna say that stage 2 bosses were a pain. Evade evade evade evade evade. :persevere::persevere::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::man_facepalming:t2:

I know I’m going against conventional wisdom by focusing on the first defensive path for both Scarlett and Little John, but I did full attack path Grimm and wasn’t satisfied with the results. I know it doesn’t make that big a difference, but if I choose to prioritize defense > attack > health, it won’t matter much there either since that’s going to naturally take me down attack path sometimes too. I just want to give Scarlett and Little John the best chance at survival, especially Scarlett.

Holy heck is she squishy.

4 Likes

I forgot to check my items and did not put antidotes in the last slot. Beat it anyway but I used 1 timestop and all 5 potent health pots. Double Grimm instead of Little John because all red bosses.

4 Likes

You have a +17 talent Danzaburo?! That’s incredible. Most people I know don’t like him and stop at 3/60.

How does a +17 Danza work for you? I am curious to know your experience.

2 Likes

When I got Hansel unt Gretel together at our last Fables, I was pretty jazzed (pardon my language) of having a Holy Barbarian! And cousin, so far I DIGGIT!!!

3 Likes

I knew that would catch someone’s eye. Basically, he and Kelile were my only rogues, and I was actually using Danza at tank when I started giving him emblems. Just went def/HP all the way, plus the evade talent. It was the best I could do for a tank for a long time, and it kept me in high platinum.

About how you would expect. Sometimes, he’s the MVP. Sometimes, he makes almost no difference. There are very few in-betweens.

I don’t use him at tank anymore since I maxed Boril and am working on Thorne. I use him on every rogue class trial and every war, though. He’s very hearty and hard to kill, and if he throws bottle, he’s even more so. Also, at +17, he evades a lot. Swords still doesn’t do a ton of damage, but the blind is nice. He can also boost tile damage in a yellow stack, and as someone pointed out to me recently, Poseidon can keep him from freezing himself. (Not from throwing snowflake, but he can keep the mana freeze from attaching.) So there is some stacking potential, too. His tile damage is better than Onatel 3^70 or Li Xiu +7 on my roster.

I expect him to be +19 or +20 by the time I max Domitia. I’m debating whether to reset him and give her the emblems or just leave him, with new rogue emblems going to Domitia when the time comes.

2 Likes

Poor bosses. Griim, jackal, domitia, scarlet and Miki. The bosses didn’t had any chance. Not fired once in all 3 stages. Miki didn’t allowed. And no items used also.

1 Like

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

I decided not to use any Time Stops this time, which seemed pretty ok. It just meant using more healing.

I’m not sure that Azlar is really an improvement over Little John. The mana debuff is quite helpful, though it’s obviously nice to increase the red stack and ditch green for this one.

Probably kind of a wash.

Shiny New Emblems

Jackal stepped up to +9, but LJ fell short if stepping up to +4.

Work for Your Meal

Azlar ate the Trainer Hero, and is slowly creeping up to max.

5 Likes

I’m glad the EyP community approves Nuke technique.

Emblems go to storage, maybe Grimm take some nodes when reaches 4/70. trainer hero will be saved as well. Maybe next time Miki will be useful at least to reduce the amount of dragons and bombs used

6 Likes

Well right before the trial went away, decided to see if I could be 1000 power under the recommended level on my alt. I did beat it with 3 rogues and 2 barbarians. Karil, Azar, Layla, Scarlett, and Dawa. I know not the best team but it was all I had. Packed potent potions and regular healing potions. Had to use a few of the healing potions in the final fight but Azar helped by a turn or two by reducing mana.

Saving barbarian emblems for when I get Grimm as in terms of all the barbarians, he takes the highest priority. Right behind him is Namahage. Rogues on the other hand… crossing my fingers and hoping for Domitia. Gotta get two TC 20s and two TC 11s on both accounts though. Gonna take a while though. I really do not have any good rogues. :cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

Scarlett is like best Rogue. At least in 4*, she’s in good company.

It takes time is all. I dreaded the Sorceror-Rogue trial myself, but I’ve been working on my bench to fix that. Now I can handle it alright. Don’t have to carpet bomb every time.

2 Likes

@MD-DC The sorcerer-rogue trial is not a problem on my main as my MVP is Gill-Ra and I also have Ameonna to stack and Danzaburo as one of my better rogues on my main. Alt is the problem as that one is getting all the tanks and healers.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: :large_blue_circle: [Sep 4, 2019] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!