ℹ Athena – 5* Ice/Blue - Jul 2017 HotM

Definitely replace Roc. You already have a cleanser in Vivica. Neiths blind (+mana cut) can become handy.

1 Like

Why is she so good on titans?

How to play her effectively:

• Charge her (e.g. Tornado + Mana)
  • Dump tiles in the titan to increase the def down (blind with arrows or time stops or Proteus…etc)
  • Charge Wu
  • Attack with strong color tiles

She is so good on titans as you can reach the -65% so easily by dumping tiles into the titan…it is a lot easier than in normal raids.

Together with Wu I get like the quintupled damage…800 tile damage without any boost can go up to 4.000 tile damage with -65% down + Wu + BearBanner

2 Likes

My Athena is also at +18 full attack path (864 attack before troops) and I’m glad I went attack. I use her on almost every titan, obviously not rare blue, but did recently stop using her on green (replaced with Wilbur and I see only a slight score boost, but more likely due to less deaths). She is paired with a +1 Miki (he stays on green). I also almost always raid with her (paired with +1 Frida) and she was on my defense team for a while (replaced with +18 Vela currently).

I am fighting 9* titans mostly and she can take a few hits without using turtle banners or anything.

I find her special works better than a 4th of another color (like I said on green titans I think Wilbur’s defense helps me with a slightly better score… And that’s the only color blue is weak not just normal). She also pairs great with elemental defense down (like guardian jackal for purple titans).

And for her special to get -65% defense you do need to hit the titan a few times first but that’s the best time to get rid of a green diamond on a red titan.

As for actually moving emblems… I would probably leave them on tiburtus if you use him a lot and still plan to (so war, tournaments, events…) as he will continue to do well with them (and if you have the costume that’s 2 less classes for the emblem trials). It is easier now to move them and gain them but that means you can get them to her faster after you use any you already have. If you don’t plan to use him a lot any more then yeah move those emblems (after the update goes live).

Gone full attack at the moment only at +5 though,
My titan team is miki Grimm ariel Athena Triton.
It’s not my highest titan score with this bunch but it prob will be one day. never get the blue tiles haha.

This is an old thread, but I think this is the best place to ask: How can I get Athena? Is she only available in Hero Academy and Tavern of Legends? If you would like to pull her, where would you try your luck?

1 Like

Two possible portals to get some old HotM that no longer feature in Atlantis are HA and Tavern of Legends, yep correct,…to pull for her? Hopefully ToL now that the odd is a bit improved, can’t recall if therein are monthly feature heroes…

1 Like

Yes…

I would try with free tavern coins, and HA10. But if I have choices, I would choose Frida 1st to replace Nordri, then Athena to replace Grimm.

3 Likes

Thank you. It feels that it is almost impossible to get her since I am C2P (I only buy VIP). I will keep saving TOL coins and wait till she is featured in this portal and try my luck.

2 Likes

Forget the fact that you’re c2p. She’s super hard to get right now. Maybe if she’s featured at ToL (which is only every two months now ).

Keep the hope, using free coins for ToL summon. I pulled Drake on a free coin during first ToL, totally shocked!! He was the one hero I really wanted, and spent for when he was featured in (Atlantis?). To get him for free was amazing… so maybe Athena will come your way some day… and there are folks getting some non-Obakans from HA10

1 Like

I got her from TOL free coins, what is the good path for her shield or sword ?

It’s up to you. Most here opted for the swords path. I did mine also, to +8 opting the mana node so that I can make this winged archer fire in 9 favorable tiles with my level 17 mana troop.

Can anyone here in the forum show her cards prior to her being nerfed way back in 2017-2018? If no cards, I’d settle for what was written on her previous stats and skills. Thanks.

1 Like

Recommend sword path & mana node.

1 Like

I don’t think the card looked different if I remember correctly, the problem was that Athena stacked with every other defense down and the damage formula was working different, allowing extreme damage.

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/1-9-release-notes/9302

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/athena-solution/2610

Edit: na she was making much more defense down also

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/balance-change-on-athenas-special-skill/1488

2 Likes

Yep.

And this was on July 2017, a few months after the game officially launched and within the same month Athena was released.

If you are pissed now because new heroes are being nerfed, it appears this was the trend even from before all along.

Athena is only one hero in a very long list of nerfed heroes, there are some jewels like guin and alberich or even boldtusk got nerfed, yes S1 4* hero :wink:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/hero-buff-nerf-balance-change-history-see-post-2/163824
This thread has a list with all buffs and nerfs

3 Likes

I Have a Question… Where does it say on Athena’s Card that def down is limited to -65% ?

Is that just a normal assumption we should be making?

1 Like

Like on every other card with similar functionality (brienne, Kingston, khiona…) it does not say it on the card, but they are all limited.

So we are to assume :laughing: Okay… She is fun though, nonetheless…

No assumption. Can and has been tested extensively.

Simply fire off Athena and toss off-colour tiles at the defender. It will cap out at -64% defence.