Ascension materials are becoming very very rare

A while back, I was in an alliance that was regularly fighting 8* to 10* titans. I didn’t keep track of my loot back then.

Since then, I left that alliance and instead joined up with a small group of my real-life friends, none of whom are yet to Stronghold 20. We’re only fighting 3* to 5* titans, and often the 5* get away, and some of the 4* too.

I’ve gotten a total of nine 3* ascension items, and zero 4* in the past two months from titans. I’ve had to settle for getting my 4* stuff from the events, and from other random drops. I got a Tabard the other day from a regular Hero chest wanted mission, for example. They are few and far between, but I’ll get there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First, we need to step away from the idea that the titan level determines loot. It seems clear that loot tier is the only thing that matters. Loot odds for Tier X will be the same regardless of whether that came from a 10* or 8* titan.

Second, if you accept the premise that Loot Tier VIII has better 4* AM drops than Loot Tier III (which seems clearly supported by reports), then it would be irrational to suppose that the odds are flat across any loot tier. I expect that the odds increase is small—say, 0.25%—but positive.

4 Likes

I will try to start tracking ours

1 Like

The more desperate you are to get the ascension materials, the harder it gets.
It took me 8 months to accumulate six tabbards. After 8 months, I got it three times in a row from an elementary chest, titan and war loot.
But there maybe a blessing in disguise. Had I gotten it much earlier, I would have end up with Quintus instead of Kunchen!
The easiest was tonic. After maxing Lianna, it only took me another 2 months to get another six.
Right now, I badly need a scopes for Magni and Rumpelstiltskin.
Buying from the shop is a risky business. I bought the elementary ascension pack on four occasion and getting mostly crap item. I guess that is what we call random.

2 Likes

They flatten loot by massive swaths of levels in S1 and S2. So I’m not quite so confident that it’s a step-wise gradation rather than a system of broad tiers. I’m not saying you’re wrong…just that I think either position has a rational basis. Sounds like an awesome question for the next AMA :slight_smile:

9* and 10* titans span loot tiers 9-13 for 9* C through 10* A+. Loot tiers 14, 15 and 16 are a stepping up of the number of AM rolls. If they worked on the broad swath system rather than the step-wise gradation, that’s where I would expect a switch-over to happen.

2 Likes

I am quite shocked at some of those numbers. I have fought 250 Titans in total, about 150 of them 9* and up (currently 11). I am ranked A+/A more often than B and have received a total of six 4* mats from Titans and seven more from chests, mystic visions etc.
Reading that ppl get six of them in 10 days almost makes me mad ._.

4 Likes

Omg. Drool. That’s crazy!

1 Like

Agree that its ebbs and flows. About a month or two back i got 2 scopes and a warm cloak from 3 back to back diamond raid chests - the exact count of what i needed to ascend frida. Today i got a scope, tonic and tabbard from stabby the rare blue 11* titan. Other periods i go for days or weeks without anything. Titans are the best source in general though with a small handgul of 3*s coming every week

1 Like

Were fighting a 10star rare tiger atm that has the potential for rings and mystic vision just gave me… rings.

Not sure we’ll take tabby down, but I’ll do my part and then some - but he’s putting the hurt on a lot of our newer members (we’re a mix of high diamond and low golds - and only 21 of us atm)

3 Likes

Last 10 days I was lucky for getting AM mainly *4:

Regular Monster Chest: 1 Tome & 1 Darts
Hero Chest: 1 Tome
1 Titan Loot: 1 Tonic
1 Blue Rare Titan Loot: 1 Scope
1 Mystic Vision: 1 Tome

But this is not the standard, about 2 months ago I got 3 Tabards in a week… from chest & titan loot…

I have been playing for 6 months, during first 2-3 months I only got 1 Tonic & 1 Rings, last 4 months have been more productive, but I know this is just a result of randomness… I still need one more rings to have all mats to ascend my first rainbow *5 team…It is possible it will take a year or more to complete a 2nd set of *4 AM for another rainbow of *5… But actually my expectations about loots, summons and chests are really low, so when good stuff come, they are more than welcome, when I summon, I do it expecting *4 heroes I do not have, this approach has helped me to avoid many dissapointments… and enjoy the game… at the end it’s just a game, it supposes to add fun to your life, not stress… imo

2 Likes

Zero chance

According to Devs FAQ, Titan loot tier 9+ is required to get all 7x 4* ascension items from titans.

They do not say if you can get any 4* ascension items from Loot tier 1.

Just like ingredients, and ascension items, in Season 1 province 1, it looks like the odds are zero for some 3* / 4* ascension items at Loot tier 1.

So an alliance needs a minimum of X players with 3x rainbow 4* 4.70 teams to unlock 7x 4* ascension items, Epic hero tokens and Epic troop tokens from titan loot.

Elder players

This is a common MMO technique where core game play is not accessible to casual alliances but requires increasing percentage of Elder players in an alliance to fully unlock core game play.

In BoH ( shard game economy) we used to calculate minimum number of Elder players per alliance needed to unlock each stage of game play.

Eventually we disbanded our BoH alliances when enough Elder players quit the game that our original 4 alliances could not even maintain 1 alliance with enough Elder players to meet X for new content.

I find it interesting that Devs have not increased X for Season 2, but actually decreased it. Since Empires was such a rushed initial release, their original target X for Titan loot tier 9 may have been grossly unrealistic.

Jumps versus smooth

I agree.

The Devs seem to love jumps in loot.

Ratio of 1* heroes/ troops to 2* heroes/ troops from map is 3:1 with zero chance of 3* / 4*. None of these ratios change.

Daily summons has zero chance of 4* heroes/ troops.

Epic hero summons are the first summons with 4* / 5* heroes and HotM.

Epic troop summons is the first summons with 4* troops.

Elite training is the first training with 4* heroes. Legendary training is the first training with 5* heroes.

Emblems only drop from rare titans.

Challenge event tier completion rewards do not include 4* ascension items.

Mystic Vision

Mystic Vision appears to be the only exception to this rule.

7 Likes

Quick note, to be clear: I wasn’t lamenting that I wasn’t getting 4* ascension mats from the 3* to 5* titans. I find it perfectly understandable and acceptable that if I want to have any expectation of getting the best mats in the game, I should be in a better alliance that is fighting higher-level titans. :slight_smile: I’m playing with my friends because they’re my friends.

I got a Tome from Mystic Vision the other day, too. So from my perspective, it’s all good. Someday, either my friends will level up to the point where we will eventually take on better titans, or the four of us will join up with a better alliance… or they’ll quit the game and I’ll find a better alliance to take me.

Good gaming!

3 Likes

It’s probably just RNG, but this last month I also received hardly any ascension items.

4 Likes

You and me both Easy. I got gloves from the last war chest though, that was something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And today received my 6th rings from an *8 Titan Loot performing A… July has been a wonderful month for getting AM… But I know it is just coincidence, less productive months will eventually come… It’s part of the game… Patience is really a key issue in this game, as someone said this is a marathon race, not a sprint one…There are many things that can be done while waiting for AM…

3 Likes

Congrats! Always very nice when it happens.

1 Like

And thus is the nasty nature of rng. She be a cruel mistress sometimes and other times she can be the best Queen in the world. To get the mats you need, as a back up do the rare quests as getting the items from those help a ton. Rather than relying on rng, the mats will come when you least expect it.

2 Likes

Ok to follow up what I was saying about more items dropping than normal while throwing harpoons. I am now keeping track here is my FIRST titan. 28 people hit I have received 15 reply’s, 7* red, rings, hidden blade, cape, orb, compass, shield and trap tools and there where farm-able boots

1 Like

We was NEVER having it like that

1 Like

One titan is too small a dataset to draw any lines through. Also, many people don’t normally report in chat when they get unfarmable AM. So unless you’ve been polling regularly, it can be very hard to tell what’s happening.

1 Like