Ascension materials are becoming very very rare

I regularly get *3 non farmable mats (shields, blades, orbs & capes) from titans, regular & elemental chests… I usually get an elemental chest every week, this is for about 6 months of being playing…

Last 2 weeks I have been pretty lucky with *4 mats that includes: 4 tomes, 2 darts, 1 scope, 1 tonics… mainly from titan and regular chests (this includes 1 darts & 1 tome from rare quests)

I have not been so lucky in War Loots and War Chests so far…from all wars I only got 1 cape & 1 blade…

I am not sure if dropping of unfarmable mats has something to do with how many heroes u have waiting for mats, but since I have more *4 at 3.60 the drops of *3 mats have increased, and since I have more *5 at 3.70 the drops of *4 mats have also increased… But probably it is just a coincidence…

2 Likes

I don’t count rare quest since those are already known.

2 Likes

OK, in that case in 10 days I got 3 tomes, 1 darts, 1 scope & 1 tonics… plus about 6-7 non farmable *3 mats…

1 Like

It’s very much a question of what loot tier you get to on titans as to how you’ll be fixed for 3* unfarmable AM. We hit 12* titans, and I’m awash in 3* unfarmables. 4* unfarmables are still pretty rare. But the rate seems to be consistent.

Part of the problem is that with a low probability of drop on something, the variation can be huge.

If the 4* AM drop rate is 2% per slot (and I can’t verify that, but it’s not a crazy guess), then the spread of 4* AM across 3 months of killing every titan would look like this:

If you’re getting C’s on 8* titans, anything from 0 to 11 4* AM wouldn’t be surprising across 3 months. And if you’re getting A on 12*, anything between 0 and 18 would be a reasonable result.

That’s so much swing that it’s easy to conclude that AM are shifting around based on your results.

If you got 10 4* AM between January and March, and 2 between April and June, that would not be surprising at all.

10 Likes

Right… All *4 mats I have got from titans have been performing B, after reading some comments here, seems it is a normal situation for many players… Something that seems to be pretty understandable… in my alliance of 24 players, 4 of them low players… 15 of the remaining 20, usually perform B, so as a whole they get more chances to get AM than those performing A+ or A…

I usually get A+ on Purple titans… and once in a while A on the the rest… but performing B has been more productive about getting non farmable AM…

4 Likes

I do a little better at A. But that’s not surprising, since there’s an extra AM roll on 12* at A. For a 24 person alliance, where you’re probably hitting something less than 11s, there’s no functional difference between an A+ and a C.

5 Likes

It cannot be “every” titan, but it sure feels like it, even when i score low:

I was referring to unfarmable 3* and 4* ascension mats.

4 Likes

My alliance kills 8* and 9* titans. I get unfarmable items more often than not. Currently I have 24 orbs…

2 Likes

Hi. The same with the epic hero tokens . It’s becoming very rare to me. I’ve never had or got one rather since the have changed the mystique vision to 8 hrs. I don’t mind that but I based new 5 star heroes.

2 Likes

I have been playing right at 1 year.
From my experience I too feel they have been cut back on, BUT BUT BUT we now have WAY more places to get them so I think it equals out in the long run.
They say before my time the was certain chests that ALWAYS had at least 1 gold token in it. That would be sweet now.

1 Like

Lucky. You make me want to leave my alliance where I hit A+ on most 9-* titans.

But I won’t for now lol.

3 Likes

Yes but have anyone besides me think the drop rate increased with harpoons?? Most everyone in my alliance tell when we got something and since harpooning its NOTHING for 3-5 of us to get a ascention iten now> We beat ALL 7s and some 8s

2 Likes

The connection between harpoons is to monster parts, not ascension materials. :+1:

1 Like

I know but I am telling you 100% we are getting WAY more anytime we hit the min of harpoons

2 Likes

Even without hitting the minimum. I have yet to craft any harpoons because I still need every scrap of iron I get to finish a few more buildings. But my girlfriend has crafted and used a few, and it does seem like I’m getting slightly better loot from the titans when she does.

Not to be confused with my comments on titan CHEST loot, which as of late has been underwhelming. I’m actually getting better loot from the individual titans themselves than from the chest.

1 Like

Is there much difference in the results between 8, 9, 10 star? That’s where our alliance is and it seems to not matter much, but given loot tier shift at 9* titans I thought we’d see improvement there. I avg A if that matters to the graph

1 Like

Nope. 11* at A+ is where it matters. 8* B is the same as 10* A+ from a loot rolls perspective.

1 Like

That has been the common consensus of our alliance when we agreed to farm only 12*. Additional loot rolls, surely it betters our chances, right? Nope.

Not many of us have reported much gets on the take down of a 12* for the past 83 days straight.

However, we don’t have much of a choice anymore as we all have grown since then, so there’s no turning back. Any titan under 12* will vaporize before a full 3/4 of the team will have had a chance to hit.

2 Likes

For the count of loot rolls perspective, that’s right. We don’t know that the odds per slot are the same across tiers. Given what we know about the structure of, say, tournament loot, I would be flabbergasted if the odds of a 4* AM per slot are the same across tiers. The anecdotal evidence is that AM drop % rises with tier, even taking into account the number of slots.

4 Likes

True, and the probability is so low that it is flat hard to gauge. It’s unlikely to be higher than a couple of percent at any tier though. And I would be shocked if 9* and 10* titans were different from each other. So if we view that graph I generated as an upper bound, it’s probably not crazy.

3 Likes