Anzogh – New April 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

the problem is Anzogh is Wizard Class which wont be priority for sure amongs Hel , Sartana , Guin , Zeline

personally i dont have other Wizard Class and Anzogh suits me. for short , he is Good but sadly many heroes are better than him in term of versatility

That is a great point. And I love Marjana’s dodge which I have emblemed to class 6.

I had not given up that aspect of it consideration, although ATM I have my wizard emblems on Onatel who got replaced for Poseidon so I might have emblems for Anzogh

Normally tend to focus DEF then HP then ATK but for him the extra ATK might be worth going after. But yeah, you make a great point about the class factor

Thank you for sharing your firsthand experiences. I pulled Anzogh luckily, but I am C2p and don’t have lots of heroes nor mats. I am in need of a tank but have enough mats for one red 5*, and I’m actually parking Anzogh at 3.70 and hoping to pull Marjana from TC20 as I think her mama speed and her dodge would make her a better tank than Anzogh. If you’re telling me he’s definitely better than Marj, I will ascend him.

Finally put together a vid of Anzogh and his usefulness in raid attacks. From what I’ve experienced he isn’t your individual big hit go to hero but instead is probably the best team player providing a decent defense (he can take a hit), when you scramble at the start of a match to gain the upper hand he can start to whittle down the opponent with decent enough Aoe that provides a good 2ndry heal to the main healer. Overall great when working down multiple heros, loses a bit of bang once there are only a couple of heros left but by then hopefully he’s set up the win. He works well with a lot of hero’s that provide his special skill a boost. Ive been extremely happy with his performance, after a lot of concern initially at giving him the mats. No regrets now from f2p perspective.

Feel free to watch if you want to see his attack/heal potential. Hope it allows people to make an easier decision on him.

7 Likes

Looking at your video, it’s sad to see a 4* boldtusk is outperforming a 5* Anzogh in many of the raids. Even with Kuchen’s Debuff and BT’s buff, his heal is only on par with bt, and his hit is still a wet noodle. My opinion of him did not change, he’s a bad hero as of now. I have him and I want him buffed.

2 Likes

he is decent for Offense but slightly better for Defense , i used him in last aw and got no single-shot in 4x attempt , before i was using Azlar and got 1-shot many times.

i agreed for buff , even Zhimkita got 4 skills which are DamAll+Cleanse+AtkBoost+RedLink + Fast

Anzogh should get 1 more ability , Decreate ATK 25% sounds fit for him , while Zhimkita Atk Boost , Azogh do Atk Debuff

I’m not going to complain if he ever gets buffed :slight_smile:

I guess if he had 11 talents like that BT he may perform better though like I said I treat him as a secondary healer so he shouldn’t out perform the main one. The only scenario he does is if he hits 5 targets

Definitely agree his attack value diminishes with less targets on the board but there aren’t many medium mana heros when buffed that can drop well over 2k in 1 shot while providing over 400 heal to everyone which he does against 5 targets

For F2p/C2p hes great, I can see the disappointment for those that spend a lot when you guys compare him to the other hard to get red heros

It seems majority of those who like him use him with Wilbur. I have Anzogh but no Wilbur so I wonder how good is he without Wilbur or G.falcon

1 Like

With the same average speed, they can fire at the same turn: Wilbur 》 Falcon 》 Anzogh…

Wilbur give -44% defense down
Falcon give -54% fire defense down

As defense in calculation is ^1.35
Against 3 enemies which was previously hit by Falcon, Anzogh will hit around 6 times its normal skill damage… that would be instant death… and massive heal.

4 Likes

What if I do not have either of the heroes? Is he still useful?

You can still combine it with Boldtusk which have the same speed and +48% but of course the result is not as good as Wilbur+Falcon. Wilbur is a game changer, regardless of Anzogh, you should try to get it from Atlantis.

1 Like

Unfortunately in reality Wilbur and Falcon won’t increase the damage Anzogh does by 6 times.
Nothing wrong with your math, but when I use them all three, the damage is only
doubled. Wilbur, Falcon and Anzogh (other fire heroes give same results, e.g. Scarlett) are 8/8 special. With Wilbur, Falcon and Wu it gets to 4 times, but only when it hits

I do find it a bit off when I experimented with level 1 Frida and Valen in my alt account.

I was using this formula:

In that formula, -40% in defense from Frida will result in:
100 x ( θ x Att / (1-40%) Def ) ^ 1.35
= ((1 / 0.6) ^ 1.35) x 100 x ( θ x Att / Def ) ^ 1.35
= 1.993 x (100 x ( θ x Att / Def ) ^ 1.35)
= 1.993 Damage

However when I try it with Ragnhild, it only increase it from 39 to 65 (1.667 times damage)

It is as if there is no ^1.35
1/(1-40%) = 1/0.6 = 1.667

This is also the case when I combined Frida, Valen, and Ragnhild.

If there is ^1.35
The result should have been:
1/(1-0.4)^1.35 = 1.993x damage (from Frida -40% ice defense)
1/(1-0.2)^1.35 = 1.352 damage (from Valen -20% defense)
1.993 x 1.352 = 2.694x damage

However my Ragnhild damage was only increased from 39 to 78 (2x) as if there is no ^1.35:
1/(1-40%) = 1/0.6 = 1.667
1/(1-20%) = 1/0.8 = 1.25
1.667 x 1.25 = 2

As I have mentioned above, my Ragnhild damage was doubled with -40% elemental defense debuff and -20 defense debuff. Therefore, I believe that with Falcon -54% elemental defense debuff and Wilbur -44% debuff, the result should have been more than doubled.

Suppose we ignore the ^1.35, it will be:
1/(1-54%) = 1/0.46 = 2.174
1/(1-44%) = 1/0.56 = 1.786
2.174 x 1.786 = 3.882x damage

If there is indeed ^1.35, it should be:
1/(1-54%)^1.35 = 1/0.46^1.35 = 2.853
1/(1-44%)^1.3/= 1/0.56^1.35 = 2.187
2.853 x 2.187 = 6.241x damage

Can you post a comparative screenshoot?

@Kerridoc is more familiar with damage formula, I hope he can point out why Wilbur + Falcon only result in doubling the damage from Anzogh. Maybe he can also check my math whether it’s correct or not.

N.B.: I only did it one time so it doesnt’ take into account random parameter.

1 Like

I can’t tell you that definitively, wish I could. Marjana is a great hero who has been my tank since forever. I was just trying to quantify how good Anzogh has played as I level him by putting him on her level.

That is a tough call but I think I’d level Marjana ahead of him all things considered. But it’s close which says a lot for Anzogh. Not seeing your full situation, this is just a thought, but I would probably load him bc you don’t know when you’ll get Marjana via TC20

1 Like

I think @Garanwyn would have good insights here too.

2 Likes

The problem here is that all 3 have to survive to fire. I find these teams that are dependent on 4s to work really unreliable - if you don’t kill the tank before it fires, odds are you’re losing a 4 hero. I guess it’s fine if you’re not fighting maxed teams though.

1 Like

My results are more consistent with this math:
when it states the defense is reduced by x% the damage is increased by
(1+(x/100))^1.35 so for example for:

-Falcon the damage is increased 1.54^1.35=1.791 (79% increase)
-Wilbur the damage is increased 1.44^1.35=1.636 (64% increase)
-Gormek (or Valen or many others) 1.34^1.35=1.484

The relationship between debuffs seems additive rather than multiplicative and
for targets debuffed by both Wilbur and Falcon the damage Anzogh (or other reds)
would do is 1+0.791+0.636=2.427
I know it’s more than doubled, but it’s not even close to 6 times or even triple

1 Like

Fortunately those 4* are sturdy ones. I am not in the level of raiding in diamond yet, but a whale I know love to bring Wilbur in his 5* attack team.

That is not how it is supposed to work. But I am not the one who create this formula, I didn’t participate in the research, it was already there before I play the game, so I can’t implore it further.

Hope @Garanwyn or @Kerridoc can offer further explanation :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They are also not-uncommon choices for emblems in the Monk and Paladin class - especially for a five star poor roster - which further enhances their durability.

1 Like

But what class level do you think they become durable enough? I’ve since gotten 5* replace and moved the emblems but I had Melandor and Sabina each up at around class 12 going def hp… they were still just a good shot away from the graveyard

Maybe I am misremembering but in diamond 12 class levels didn’t make much difference and I was thrilled when I got Ariel for my heal