⚖️ Amphitrite - 5* Ice / Blue from Tower of Styx

New Styx hero is released: Amphitrite

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Amphitrite, as well as your thoughts on Amphitrite.

Amphitrite

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Monk
ST
Styx
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 959 936 1909
4/90 1097 1071 2184
Origin Family
Tower of Styx Styx
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Resist Defense Ailments
The character has innate resistance against status ailments that effect defense. Applies also to status ailment that affect elemental defense
:dizzy: Special Skill: Tidal Force
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100% / 200% / 300% mana:

• 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 200% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -25% decrease of any healing received for 3 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 315% damage to all enemies.
    • Summons a Styx Spirit Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 40% attack every turn.
    • The Styx Spirit Fiend absorbs healing. It disappears after absorbing a healing amount equal to 25% if its target’s max health.
  • 3x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 365% damage to all enemies.
    • Summons a Styx Spirit Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 40% attack every turn.
    • The Styx Spirit Fiend absorbs healing. It disappears after absorbing a healing amount equal to 25% if its target’s max health.
    • All enemies get -75% decrease of any healing received for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Styx Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• When this Hero recieves a status ailment affecting defense, 40% / 60% / 80% chance to cast -30% mana generation to all enemies for 2 turns when this hero casts their Special Skill.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 889 from 791.
  • Defense is increased to 869 from 780.
  • Health is increased to 1771 from 1516.
  • Family bonus is changed since Beta.
  • Passive is changed to Resist Defense Ailments from Decrease Defense Ailment Duration
  • Charge 1 damage is increased to 200% from 170%.
  • Charge 2 damage is increased to 315% from 300%.
  • Charge 2 Styx Fiend HP is increased to 25% from 20%.
  • Charge 3 damage is increased to 365% from 335%.
  • Charge 3 Styx Fiend HP is increased to 25% from 20%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Styx Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Amphitrite ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Amphitrite.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Amphitrite and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Amphitrite worth summoning for?

• Would you use Amphitrite on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Amphitrite ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Amphitrite as an opponent?

• Would you give Amphitrite Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Amphitrite’s character design?

• If you Summoned Amphitrite and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Amphitrite, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Amphitrite when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Amphitrite, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Amphitrite (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Amphitrite), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Amphitrite (post release)

:question: Is Amphitrite worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Amphitrite would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Amphitrite’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Healing Debuffer
  • Fiend Summoner
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Amphitrite compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Amphitrite’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Amphitrite’s Base Stats?

Note this means Amphitrite’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Amphitrite worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Amphitrite is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Amphitrite is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Amphitrite worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Amphitrite then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters
3 Likes

Seems like they buffed her pretty good. Had to do it for people to chase her “ITS THE LAST TIME TO GET HER…HERE SHINY THING”

I get 200 gems on Path of Giants and I summoned on this portal using 300 gems:

I think I’ve received a great hero. I’m waiting your opinions and analysis :laughing:

11 Likes

Wow, cool, they finally released her. She was part of beta for v50 18 months ago.

The hero card is updared with all changes. Polls are enabled.

She got a very nice buff. I may now toss in some pulls for her.

It’s nice she got a buff where as Thanatos got a nerf, maybe they learned from their mistakes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How do we think she compares to Amethyst? They have similarities in their specials but Amethyst’s fiends do more damage and have twice the HP (50-54% vs. 25%). I also prefer her first charge that gives fiends more than the deceased healing ailment. But yes this blue lady does a tad more direct damage. Thoughts?

I think she would lovely next to my new Fortuna. But since I don’t have scopes…

the third charge sounds so mouth watering yet we all know we will seldomly be able to use it…
So I think she should have the heal reduction also on charge 2 otherwise it’s a(nother) wasted hero.

1 Like

Yeah that couldn’t hurt, as I feel like her second charge is inferior to Amethyst; a better fiend seems generally better than 40% more damage?

• 2x Mana Charge:

• Deals 315% damage to all enemies.
  • 2x Mana Charge:

• Deals 275% damage to all enemies.
    • Summons a Ninja Assassin Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 75% attack each turn.
    • The Ninja Assassin Fiend aborbs healing. It disappears after absorbing a healing amount equal to 50% of its target’s max health.
1 Like

I got very lucky with my ETTs. Just with my only two ETTs, I was able to get two Cyclops troops of different colours. Plus I got a Hawkmoon from my silver tokens. So I figured I would get lucky to get something good in this portal.
Brought some tokens and drum roll…
Nothing, I lose haha
But I may try to do some more token pulls later. If I managed to get her, she will definitely get the mats before Cel

5 Likes

Cel reached 3/70 just as I pulled Amphitrite. Now I start over with another Blue 5* as I only have scopes for one hero.

Is Cel worth leveling over Amphitrite? I am thinking Amphitrite First, as I don’t have Ludwig to bring ridiculous levels of power minions forward with Cel. Thoughts?

1 Like

absolutely not :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Not sure why she was doing in Styx, Amphitrite, being the wife of Poseidon, mother of Triton, granddaughter of Oceanus, if anything, should’ve been in the Atlantis portal. They probably could’ve put Persephone in this portal and it would make more sense than Amphitrite.

Then again, they are cordoning off the tower for repairs, the likes of Persephone, Cerberus, etc. are probably going to be introduced at some point.

3 Likes

On defence I already have M&M as well, so Cel was sort of an odd hero in the roster. In Many ways the most useless of the God heroes. Didn’t succeed in pulling others.

I’ll Focus on Amphitrite!

Anyone have her title from the bottom of the second picture after clicking the magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner? Would love it to update the wiki entry. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks and CONGRATS!

Congrats, now you have the whole set! I pulled her yesterday which was lucky so now I’m only missing Charon (but he is the one I want the most :rofl:). Enjoy levelling her up!

2 Likes