4* troops - mana or crit?

Mana troops or critical hit troops and why?

GO!

I’d choose the mana boost but it depends on the hero I’d imagine.

1 Like

It certainly depends on the hero.

Generally, I try to give average speed or slower a mana troop. On defense this is usually my tank. i.e. usually a hero with good natural bulk that mainly needs help with firing quickly to ensure the advantage in the match.

Crit troops are for my snipers usually. If they have high attack stats it makes the critical strikes on offense great. On defense they can take more tile damage while still firing fairly often.

1 Like

Well as stacking is a game changer i recomend you to keep 5 troops of each colour…
Just in case you are considering feed them all…

Unless you have your mana troops over level 11 and on most 23 you arent going to see much help. Critical is where the damage is. There is guide that show the increase by using mana troops, if I am not mistaken mana troops will only change one full level, ie extra slow>slow, slow>average or average>fast, or fast>very fast… I think its the extra slow>slow

1 Like

All troops and their stats

Mana or crit discussed

It’s been discussed before.

#forumdetective

3 Likes

Good work detective. Keep it up. Lol thanks

1 Like

What can I say except …

Is there an option
Mana or crit, i level what i have
4* troops are not coming in pairs for me. Still lacking a blue one too.
I tend to prefer crit troops though

So I have both mana and crit troops, 4 star. Based on all that I’ve read, and my team being Joon/Seshat/Liana/Isarnia/BoldTusk…I would use crit troops for Joon/Seshat/Lianna and Mana Troops for Isarnia/BoldTusk because BT is a healer and Isarnia’s mana is slow?

I have enough troops to level them up to at least level 10 each so the level isn’t a worry, I just need to know if the crit/mana selections are good for my heroes…please advise thanks.

Wow my troop inventory looks exactly like yours lol

When mana troops are below the threshold for bumping up the mana speed, “mana” troops =“attack” troops, and “crit” troops=defense troops. So my preferred strategy is to put crit troops under healers and utility heroes, with mana under attackers.

8 Likes

Mana, that is a no brainer for me. I want to fire off my specials as soon as I can because I like stalling my opponents mana, slice the most lethal one, and drop their defense when I catch them in a compromising situation. The extra mana helps with healers too which my main account is lacking any 4 star heroes.

Bottom line extra mana all day long!!!

3 Likes

Crit troops do more damage (although the variance is higher), and increase longevity. Burst damage kills in this game.

Unless you can shave a tile off of good specials, Crit troops are usually the best call.

2 Likes

To expand on Garanwyn’s accurate statement, the +attack from mana troops adds less damage than the %crit chance on crit troops. So normal damage (tiles on offense, slash on defense) is higher with crit troops.

Damage from specials however is never boosted by crits, but does rise with the +attack from mana troops. DoT also increases with mana troops.

6 Likes

Ugh. Such a huge time commitment to be second guessing myself all the time and this info really didn’t help haha. Mana troops are so frustrating as I generally don’t use a healer on defense and so I feel like I’m leaving a lot on the table there, but since I rely on some pretty great average speed heroes (that I’d like to drop a tile on) almost all of my work has been done on mana troops. Once I get them to level 23, I planned to work on another set of mana to 11 (because of the very fast tourney and to be able to pair very fast heroes with average speed heroes more easily)… good call or what is the general practice in top alliances?

1 Like

4* mana troops don’t provide improved charge speed until they reach a certain level.

Crit troops provide immediate results. If all were equal, I’d use mana troops on healers/buffers and crit troops on hitters.

There’s not a wrong answer, just different options. “Optimal” is a really complex question.

Don’t tie yourself in knots over the troop question.

Some data on the mana cutlines to help think about where the best “bang for the buck” probably is on mana troops:

6.5->6 tiles fires 14% faster, and fires on two 3-matches instead of two plus a bit (huge on offense and defense)

8->7 tiles fires 13% faster, and requires more than two 3-matches (nice on defense, meh on offense)

10->9 tiles fires 10% faster, and requires three 3-matches instead of 3 plus a bit (huge on offense, nice on defense)

12->11 tiles fires 8% faster, and usually requires four 3-matches still (meh on offense and defense)

13.5->12 tiles fires 14% faster, and requires four 3-matches instead of 5 (huge on offense and defense)

5 Likes

Thanks, and yeah, I realize the idea of optimal is complicated, I’ll probably just stick to my game plan as I personally value attack over defense and mana troops dropping my average speed attackers 1 tile is huge, just wish there was more flexibility with experimentation (seems that’s my frustration point today in emblems as well… wanting to change war tank color but everyone has committed to set teams emblem wise already and now we’d need a massive shift… but that’s a story for another time).

1 Like