:Crossed_swords: [28 Apr 2024] - 262nd Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2024-04-28T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2024-04-29T08:00:00Z
2024-05-04T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/ Green
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: :Crossed_swords: [10 Sep 2023] - 229th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

JekylandHyde XXV medal:

6 Likes

Going with this …

3 Likes

and this

How is guardian hippo on defense? Or is that a dumb question lol….

1 Like

He is good , used in left wing or flank.

1 Like

All blue

4 Likes

I will try this.

I am loving Miss Ethel.
I really want to LB1 and Lb2 her, definitely at least Lb1.
But I have 17/35 Aether 1 and 3/5 Ather 3 :cry:

5 Likes

Day 1
O: 4-1
D: 0-0
Score: 3,630

I lost to a Costume Hel tank, she went off twice and literally ruined my whole team, I then managed to kill her, but then I died straight after from them using a special from 2 heroes.
Managed 21 kills for the weekly “kill 25” challenge for.
Weirdly, I’m not facing many blues, which is frustrating since I want blues for the other weekly pog challenge.

One of my matches had a LB2 Lodius, it hit my Jana once and instantly killed her because the damage was OVER 2000, like what the hell!

3 Likes

Always a pleasant surprise to finish a 5* tournament day without a loss, even if it’s just Day 1.

Attacked with 3-1-1, switching between Yellow (Jana - c2Li Xiu - Willow) and Purple (Darkfeather - c2Obakan - Dreadstar) stacks. Toon Magni filled a spot against dangerous Red defenders I want to kill quickly, and the Cardinal for his buff stealing fiends and cover passive.

Boards were good and didn’t have much trouble today. Defenders were at the 6200 level, so today was a warm up to the challenges ahead. Will be tough with my strongest colour Green disallowed, and my 2nd strongest Red disadvantaged against the Blues in defense.

Defense lost 2 and won 1 so far.

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

I was surprised to see Waterpipe featuring highly (even once without consistently high level troops) as, even in raids, a significant proportion of individuals will have opted for Xioatu in the last soul exchange.

Summary

I suspected that she would do less well in war in which various members of any alliance may have Xioatu on rosters, or am I missing something?

That is the top 10 from the tournament 33 weeks ago

1 Like

She was mostly good… until Ithar and the other buff stealers were introduced :wink:
Example:

1 Like

It started with an unlucky failure: the weak board was already starting to change, but despite everything, as many as three enemies with a small amount of HP survived :confused:
Fortunately, I managed to end the day with a score of 4-1, which I consider very good :slight_smile:
The defense, from which I don’t expect much, also started satisfactorily, as it currently holds the score 2-2 :wink:

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

First day, 4 defeats… Game depends solely and exclusively on the initial board. As long as defense heroes gain mana from any rocks hitting them, this will be 90% up to luck.

You can attack with legendary troops on your team in this tournament

Day 1
D: 1-7 :rofl:

Day 2
D:0-0

I am not going to keep track of how many wins/losses my defense takes, it has already started badly so… i will just track the grade E E E E E :rofl:

Total
O: 8-2
D: E, E
Score: 7,497

I lost against an LB2 c2 Leonidas, he went off and reduced everyone’s mana 2 times before I could kill him, so it was a lost battle quite quickly. His flanks were Xie Zi Ling and Costume Octros.

There was also a win c2 leo too.
Both leo have a 3x Costume bonus, this LB2 tank had 1290 defense, 2700+ health. my tile damage did little too him unfortunately.

2 Likes

I know i’m going to break the spell writing it down. 10-0 so far in attack :neutral_face: faced very different teams and tanks, in the 5.5-5.9k range of power, a couple times snatched the victory with only one hero left.
I’m attacking mostly with a 2-2-1 formation based on the middle three defenders, with Loki-Quintin and Jana-Horus as my most common couple and throwing sometimes Ginger in the mix if the defence is soft enough to give time and space to charge her and at least a couple more heroes. Loki+Quintin turned the tides of a battle more than once.
I’m sure tomorrow will be a bloodbath.

Defense was 1-0 last time i checked (i only remember putting Pengi as tank flanked by Bera :see_no_evil:)

2 Likes

No 10-0 start this week. Back-to-back losses in the 2nd and 3rd matches today.

First loss was against a Gobliny team of tMarj - Nautica - Fizzcoil - Madhammer1 - Madhammer2. Went with 3 Purple (DF - c2Obakan - Dreadstar) + tMagni + c2Li Xiu. Managed to kill the 2 Blues, but got Madhammered by the remaining 2 Goblins.

Next match was against a Gestalt flanked by Satori and Cupido. Went 3 Blue for the first time and got a dud of a board. Managed to kill Gestalt, but he fired twice and Satori finished off my team. Won the last 2 after dropping down to easier opponents.

Defense finished 2-4 after the first day and still D today at 3-6.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 2-4 D 4,380 400 4,780
2 8-2 3-6 D 7,934 7,934

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Day 3

Lost to a lb2 Luna tank,. I killed Luna but ultimately, i got destroyed

Total
O: 12-3
D: E, E, E
Score: 11,438

2 Likes

3-2 again today. First loss was against a Madame Giry tank. My main fiend counter Arco is not allowed, and Wang is too slow. Rolled the dice with Willow - Jana - c2Li Xiu. Didn’t work out but managed to kill 3.

The other loss was a zero against a Domiventus tank. Went 3 fast Blues (Pengi - tMagni - cFinley) and none of them charged. Bought back in and faced another Red tank in the last match against Cookie with a Gestalt flank. Got almost too many Blue tiles this time :man_shrugging:

Defense won 6 in a row yesterday to charge up from D to B. Another win today and it’s up to A :exploding_head:

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 2-4 D 4,380 400 4,780
2 8-2 8-6 B 7,934 650 8,584
3 11-4 9-6 A 11,578 11,578

Good luck to those still in this after Bloody Wednesday!

Edit : Just realized that by getting just 1 more 5* Aether from the Omega quest, I could have given Willow the LB. Won’t have time to get her to 85 but at least the boosted stats would have helped today. Oh well, she’ll be better for tomorrow’s flags.

3 Likes