No Fire/ Red
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [07 May, 2023] - 211st Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

JekylandHyde XXV medal:

5 Likes

i went with this …

2 Likes

Tried a couple of healers with buffs in Grevle and Edelaide for the first match, and lost to a Tyrum tank of all things :face_holding_back_tears: Even at level 55, they’re no match for level 60 heroes.

Went back to using Faiez - Rekhetre the rest of the day. LB2s Joukahainen and Zarel were the main hitters. The last spot was between Kvasir, Maeve, and Noril depending on who was in the defense. Won the last 4 though not easily. First target is to get past Day 3.

Defense is 0-3 to start.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Day 2 report:

Went with this defence, which is probably a mistake because Joukahainen can just shut them down:

Attacks are going strong with a team of Faiez-Shrubbear-Zarel-Kvasir (or costume)-Felton. My only loss happened because Gramps was actually able to revive some heroes, which rarely happens. Usually he acts as a fine tile dump.

A: 9-1
D: 1-2
Score: 6357 (top 1%)

2 Likes

Day 1
O: 4-1
D: 0-1

Day 2
O: 4-1
D: 0-1

Total:
O: 8-2
D: 0-2 (E, E)
Score: 5,397

Day 2 loss was to a Greel tank that went off once and killed 3 of my heroes!

2 Likes

A bit better today for another 4-1 result. Finally levelled both my Zarolas to 60, though it’s more for the upcoming Challenge Festival. Settled to the same attack team of Joukahainen - Zarola - Zarel - Faiez - Rekhetre. Only switched Kvasir in for Zarola once against a Dawn flank.

Single loss came against a mono Green defense of Zarel - Zarola - Faiez - Zarola - Shrubbear. The 2 flanks hit hard, and had no chance. Only managed to kill the tank.

Defense is struggling badly at 0-4. Will be happy to survive Wednesday.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 0-2 E 2,542 200 2,742
2 8-2 0-4 E 5,350 5,350

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Attack is 5-0 and 4-1, but the struggle against all those 2lb monsters is real. This time i’m not using a standard formation, i widely change it based on the opponent and trying to stack the most buffers possible with at least two healers in different colors. I’ve to say today my new just levelled/emblemed/lb Dawn saved my ■■■ a couple of times delaying the inevitable, stopping some special that would have meant total defeat.

Defense is a disaster at 2-7. Went with Shrubbear - Aqeela - Dolgoon - Blue Wo3K guy - Faiez, but it seems it’s not been a good set up

2 Likes

@u2371, it was sooo close! :joy:
But your Noril was faster than mine! :joy:

5 Likes

:joy:

In fact, my defense get attacked so many time. I don’t see you in my defense history list :smile:.

How do you think about my defense ? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 3 report:

Smooth sailing! Winning every fight without much trouble. Still using the same team.

A: 14-1
D: 1-2 (D)
Score: 9853 (top 1%)

2 Likes

Been having some pretty good luck with the following attack team:

Felton - Jolly - Fianna - Alessia - Faiez

They’ve done a pretty good job of hitting pretty hard and staying in matches

2 Likes

It was my 45 lvl acc :joy:

“Oh, no! Another Jouku-Faiez!” :joy:
Very sturdy, only Zarola is a bit fragile, but it’s buff booster, so every hit is hard :slight_smile:

1 Like

0-2 today i got obliterated, i mostly died from slash attacks :rofl:
Immediately killed my Faiez with slash attacks, then it was slow game over for that match. I could never QUITE get enough tiles to kill

So I am out.
Good luck everyone

2 Likes

Finally broke the Day 3 jinx and made it to the 4th day of a 3* tournament for the first time since early October :tada: :champagne: :sparkler:

Made a small change by switching Rekhetre out for Edelaide. Beside the faster speed, it also activated Zarel’s Bard bonus for Faiez so he charges just a bit quicker. Not sure if that change made the difference, or it was just better tile luck. Attacked with 3 Greens the whole day, Jouka - Zarola - Zarel - Faiez - Edelaide/Kvasir. At least 2 of the matches were won due to big cascades of Green tiles that overwhelmed the opposing Faiez tank.

Sadly the improvements in the attack side was not reflected in the defense that is still 0-4.

2 8-2 0-4 E 5,350 200 5,550
3 13-2 0-4 E 8,659 8,659

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Used my flags earlier than usual today. Transitioning towards opening just 1 raid chest per day instead of 2. Lost the first match against a Greel tank to put my further participation in the tournament in danger, but won the next 4 to stay alive into the last day.

Stayed mainly with the same 3-1-1 Green attack, though the loss came with a Yellow stack of Jaco - Felton - Edelaide. Just didn’t get any Yellow tiles until the match was already decided.

Defense is down to 0-5 so top 5% seems the best to aim for with a good last day.

2 8-2 0-4 E 5,350 200 5,550
3 13-2 0-4 E 8,659 200 8,859
4 17-3 0-5 E 11,556 11,556

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Day 4 report:

Lost 2 times in a row! A single very bad board led to my first loss in this tournament with a 0 score. A lot of people are rolling with dual Alessia, and when they are both able to fire on the same turn without a taunter or health boost active, you’re in trouble.

Defense has picked up and is suddenly A with 4 wins in a row, so I guess it all evens out in the end.

A: 17-3
D: 5-3 (A)
Score: 12,421 (top 1%)

Hoping to keep my ranking and get some emblems in the end.

2 Likes

Maybe attacking early in the tournament day is a good idea. Had a perfect day to finish the tournament without a buy back. Boards and cascades were favourable so little trouble in most of the matches. Even beat a double Alessia, double Zarola team.

The only match that felt close to losing was the last one. Starting board was bad but fortunately the tank was Dolgoon, and the Green tiles came eventually.

Currently ranked 1,195 but, with an E defense, not sure it will be enough to remain in the top 1%. Regardless, I’m more than satisfied with this week’s work.

Good luck with your last attacks and with the loot tomorrow :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Day 5 report:

My second attack for the day was a loss against a double Dawn team, which made me buy back. The other attacks were wins, but this time I shuffled my attack teams a bit and successfully used Joukahainen twice against green double healers. Defense has continued to win and is still at A. Pretty confident I’ll remain in the top 1% in the end.

A: 21-4
D: 8-3 (A)
Score: 15,810 (top 1%)

This was my first 3* tournament using LB2 heroes exclusively for both defense and offense, and it shows. Much more room for error and bad boards when everyone is maxed.

2 Likes

Day 1-5

O : 25-0

D : 69.6% (30+)

Another 25-0 medal again. Also x2 25-0 medal in row :smiley:.

Not sure if I can break @JekylandHyde record at 53 win in row or not (I remember that he lose in 4th attack in the 3rd tournament).

@Dudeious.Maximus :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

Woop congrats on 25/0 again :green_heart: :+1:

Double if you treble ill give you a free emoji

3 Likes