⚔ [19 Mar 2023] - 204th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Ice/ Blue

Definitely not like last week. Day 2 and I’m already 6-4! Will buyback in but clearly not playing a winning strategy. Will try something different the rest of the week.

Thanks to everyone who suggested Ferant tank in my poll earlier. Defense team is 13-1 so there you go! Hopefully defense will help me out until I figure out my offense :facepunch:t5:

5 Likes

5-0 for the 2nd day as well.

Used 2 different teams on attack. Against aggressive defenses with ailment throwers like c2LX, any Kelile, c2Caedmon, went with a 3 healer attack of cCaedmon - Brynhild - Waddles - Brontes - Kitty. Brontes and Brynhild are only heal-3, but require just 6 and 9 tiles to charge, and both give mana gen boost. Kitty’s boost regen and ailment reflect were great too if you can fire her before the opponents.

She threw both c2Li Xiu’s silence and c2Kelile’s vampiric burn back. c2Kelile is hilariously sucking the health from her neighbour in the first pic.

Against more passive riposte tank + healer/buffer defenses, used a 3 Dark team of Caedmon/c2Caedmon - Arges - Waddles - Ametrine - Ana-belle/Kitty. This is a riskier team with just 1 healer but has worked out so far. There was one match where everyone was in the red zone from burn damage, but Ana-belle’s heal saved the day.

Defense getting hit a lot as usual. 8-3 after day 1, and currently at 11-6.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 8-3 (A) 3394 900 4294
2 10-0 11-6 (A) 7708 7708

In the top 10 at the moment. Looks like plenty of players are having trouble with this tournament.

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

I know Kitty is great but yeah, you have to fire her before enemy fire. Since she is average, I think she is likely to fire after enemy C2 Caedmon who is fast and also have mana regen bonus from costume bonus.

Also against C2 Li Xiu who is super wizard, there is 50% that C2 Li Xiu will dispell the Kitty’s buff.

Overall, Kitty is great but against C2 Caedmon and C2 Li Xiu, it is still risky.

I personally like Ana-Belle over Kitty however, I don’t have them both :smile:.

Why do you put your C2 Caedmon at wing as he can heal only 2 of your heroes when paladin super talent active ? :smile:

2 Likes

I have cCaedmon and Ana-belle/Kitty on different wings to prevent both getting silenced at the same time. Too lazy to change formation between matches :sweat_smile:

1 Like

O - 10-0
D - 2-0 (A) All red def with CB Boldtusk tanking so far seems to annoy players, only 2 though.

Only 2 red tanks today 1x Ferant. 1x CC Kelile.
But the most annoying def I faced today wasn’t with red tank.

Caedmon 2x CB, Li Xiu 2x CB, Annabelle, Gulli, CC Kelile
I took CB Rigard, Cillian, C Gormek, Ptolemy, Junaid. I knew taking yellows would be a very bad idea because of Gulli and Li Xiu on flanks.
Ptolemy was a bad choice, should’ve rather took CB or C Mel for another dispel along with C Gormek.
Can’t really explain this fight, except Annabelle fired countless times, Gulli only once and thankfully 3 red tiles dispelled him thanks to C Gormek superior talent. Some of my heroes were almost dead, but they got saved on time.
Edit : I just realized that Annabelle could actually dispel Gulli’s buff with her SS too :smiley:. Badly thought out, but I just realized it right now.

And also that player’s def could have been a lot worse, if they put their double costumed Caedmon and Li Xiu into their 2nd costumes rather than their regular versions. Made it a lot more bearable. Even though regular Li Xiu is also very annoying with her mana cut and monk class.

I have been going 2 healers on this tourney so far. I just don’t see how would I win with only 2 hitters against that def I explained for example. But nice thing is that slayers with their self-heal and Junaid also provide some healing, so there is a bit more healing, if I took reds with 2 healers.

4 Likes

Day 3

O : 3-2 (11-4)

I am out today and buy back :joy:. I think I should go back to my x3 green even against red tank since my both green are fast. I do try something different today but it doesn’t seem to be better. Also the board is bad as well.

Lose in 2nd attack

I go with Lady Woolerton - CB Sabina - C Melendor - Mist - Griffin. The board is bad and full of blue and red and rarely give me any yellow all the time. I lose Griffin but I somehow manage to survive and enemy kill enemy tank. I slowly kill each enemy one by one and reach overtime. I manage to kill all other enemy except the C2 Caedmon. Without damage dealer, it is impossible to kill C2 Caedmon who keep heal like every turn.

Lose again 3rd attack against this team

This time I try Lady Woolerton - CB Sabina - C Melendor - x2 Proteus. The board is even worse than in 3rd attack. It is full of blue and red with 1 blue and red diamond. Barely get any other tile. So,

Other board is average without much problem.

Both lose are really bad board that is impossible to win. But I think the 10 tile is bigger problem and C2 Caedmon than I thought. Before C2 Caedmon, I can just wait for 2 enemy fire their skill and then I fire my healer but against C2 Caedmon, I have to fire my healer right after him because he hit very hard. The stat have make big impact more over he usually get paladin buff which also in crease his attack which make him hit at 295% to x3. For 4*, that is as hard as modern 5* and probably harder against those 4* without x2 costume bonus.

I think x2 healer + Almur + x2 C2 Caedmon is the best attack team for now. Like this :smile:

It is 5*-style 8 tile win team in 4* tournament. But I don’t have Almur or C2 Caedmon :joy:.

D : 8-4

End day 2 with B at 5-4 and it back to A grade for now. Defense is unlucky at start :smile:.

4 Likes

Day 3 and no more easy matches. Every one was a tough slog where at least one, sometimes two of my heroes died before I could win. Continued with 2 different teams depending on whether dispel or cleanse needed.

Waddles was the star today, locking down the opposing heroes before they could fire. Several times I thought it was going to be a loss, only for the Duck’s Shifting Mindless Attack to turn things around.

Luck finally ran out in the 4th match against a c2Caedmon - Junaid - Boldtusk - Cillian - c2Li Xiu team. Went with a conservative 3 healer attack of cCaedmon - Brynhild - Waddles - Brontes - Ana-belle with 3 Greens despite the Red heroes. Not much Green tiles, but got Waddles charged and he hit the about-to-fire Boldtusk. Things seemed to be going well, but BT Superior Revived and his attack up + Cillian’s stacks killed Ana-belle. Junaid sniped Waddles after that, and though I killed the tank, I was left with 3 Greens, including 2 healers against the rest. Not much chance to win from there.

Defense dropped to B at the end of Day 2 (14-12) and still B today at (19-15)

2 10-0 14-12 (B) 7708 650 8358
3 14-1 19-15 (B) 11188 11188

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

O - 14-1 (5-0, 5-0, 4-1)
D - 4-0 (A,A) Still undefeated. 0 attacks on day 2, so far 2 more on day 3.

Being using CB Rigard, CC Kelile/C Kelile 2x CB, C Gormek/Zhabog, C Mel/Ptolemy, Junaid teams today. Even against non-red tanks.

I knew I wouldn’t go undefeated, this tourney is pretty tough one even for 4* buff booster.
But so far, not bad.

3 red tanks today. 1x Ferant, 1x CC Kelile, 1st CB Wilbur. 1st Wilbur tank and I lost against him…

Lost against this with very bad off-color.
Junaid, CC Caedmon, CB Wilbur, Meadov, C Gulli.
Went with CB Rigard, C Kelile 2x CB, C Gormek, C Mel, Junaid.

I think my team was on place, sadly too much blue/yellow tiles. Even superior jinx helped nothing… I couldn’t charge average heroes at all. I once charged CB Rigard and that’s it for average heroes I charged.
It was only my C Kelile against around 400 HP CC Caedmon and around 400 HP C Gulli and full hp Junaid. if there wasn’t C Gulli that already fired… I could probably miraculously win if C Kelile created enough thorn minions, sadly C Gulli’s buff went off and killed her.

5 Likes

Today was annoying, I almost lost a couple but managed to turn them around and win, but then I lost one with a Boldtusk tank that kept reviving and healing!! Eventually, I killed him but by the time I did the rest of my team had been killed.

Day 3
O: 4-1
D: 0-0

Total
O: 12-3
D: 1-1 (C, D, B)

4 Likes

I need to say that my favourite hero in this format is cSabina :wink:
No.2 is Cillian, he easy can fight 1 vs 3 :wink:

Def is going great ABA 4-2

Attacking Iam going with cSabina, cChao, Mist, Junaid, Cillian.

Still in top 1, but Friday will be tough day :wink:

This fighters can be very annoying :wink: When Boldtusk revive 3 times in a row and you lost the battle :wink:

GL

3 Likes

Today I am out, unfortunately

Day 4
O: 2-1
D: 0-1

Total
O: 14-4
D: 1-2 (C, D, B, D)

3 Likes

2 losses today and could have been worse. 3 Ferant tanks and every team had an ailment giver as well so creates a lot of matchup issues since with Blue not allowed, my only cleansers are cCaedmon and Rigard/Ana-belle. A lot of times went with a rather passive team of cCaedmon - cMelendor - Waddles - Ametrine - Ana-belle.

First loss was against a c2Li Xiu tank flanked by c2Kelile and cColen. Attacked with 3 Purples + cCaedmon and Ana-belle. Managed to kill the tank, but couldn’t find the tiles for either of my cleansers in time to reduce the fire damage as well as the poison from a wing Meadow. Waddles did his best, killing the 2 Red flanks, but not enough to prevent the loss.

The 4th team faced today was pretty scary with Ferant tank + 4 c2LXs :scream:

Somehow managed to win this despite multiple c2LX firing. Luckily the AI targetting kept missing my charged up cleansers on the wings :stuck_out_tongue:

The other loss came in the last match of the day against a c2Caedmon - cRigard - Ferant - cKelile - Junaid team. Went with the double healer team mentioned at the top, and got my first really bad board of the tournament. Big zero.

Defense is up to 50 hits again at 28-22 (B). I don’t know who pinned that ‘HIT ME’ target on my defense’s back…

2 10-0 14-12 (B) 7708 650 8358
3 14-1 23-20 (B) 11188 650 11838
4 17-3 28-22 (B) 14234 14234

Currently in top 1% and hopefully the 4th loss won’t come early since I won’t be buying back in. Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Day 4

O : 5-0 (16-4)

I decide to go mostly with Lady Woolerton - C Boldtusk - C/CB Sabina/C Melendor - C Gormek/CB Scarlett - C Kelile since I face many C2 Caedmon except the last attack that I use my x3 green instead. The board is average by overall.

Face this top defense in 1st attack :joy:.

It is among the best possible defense for now. However, in this no blue tournament, Cillian - Aodhan wing are better. Ferant tank with double C2 Caedmon flank is very powerful since CB Kiril and C Melendor are great heroes against Ferant tank and C2 Caedmon can block both CB Kiril and C Melendor buff. C2 Caedmon also can heal tank as well which make it harder to kill.

About double C Tiburtus flank, I think double C2 Caedmon flank slightly better than double C Tiburtus flank for now since C2 Caedmon has better stat. However, if C Tiburtus have same stat, I think double C Tiburtus flank is better since against C Tiburtus, attacker really need cleanse but against C2 Caedmon, attack can just use plain healer. When C Tiburtus has x2 costume bonus, the best defense might be C2 Caedmon - C Tiburtus - Ferant - C Tiburtus - C2 Caedmon :rofl:.

I go with Lady Woolerton - C Boldtusk - C Melendor - C Gormek - C Kelile. The board is average. I can constantly dispell Ferant tank but I just can’t kill him because the double C2 Caedmon flank keep heal. The both enemy Waddle wing fire on my C Boldtusk and kill him. I think I am going to lose but even 4 vs 5, I somehow manage to survive as my Lady Woolerton heal my team right before anyone die many times. Then the red tile come I kill tank and C2 Caedmon at right flank but both Waddle wing fire on my Lady Woolerton and kill her :joy:. Then my C Melendor get many slash and die. Leave me to my C Gormek - C Kelile vs enemy C2 Caedmon - x2 Waddle. It is very close fight. One enemy Waddle revive 2 times and about to fire, luckily he don’t revive 3rd time :sweat_smile:. As my C Kelile have full minion and constant summon more minion. I can slowly burn the rest enemy to death :smile:.

2nd against Ferant tank with one C2 Caedmon flank and one Waddle wing. The board is pretty good win without problem.

3rd against mono-green defense. Not sure why he put this defense but win without problem anyway :rofl:.

4th against another Ferant tank defense again with C Caedmon and C2 Caedmon flank. The board is pretty good win without problem.

5th against this team :rofl:

I think he confuse that this tournament in rush attack :rofl:. The start board is average but turn to full of red and blue quickly.

Both enemy Treevil do fire but my C Caedmon and CB Rigard can cleanse them both. Since the defense isn’t strong. I manage to win without much problem :sweat_smile:.

D : 10-7

Defense get 3 lose in row and down to B before day 3 end.

In fact, I actually use x2 C Kelile wing in this time instead of C Kelile - Cillian as usual. I want to test if C Kelile is better than Cillian or not. I think Cillian and Aodhan is better than C Kelile. Their heal might not as strong as C Kelile but their skill is more powerful. They also receive 50% less damage from ailment as well.

I do face team with many C2 Li Xiu today as well :rofl:.

On defense, C2 Li Xiu isn’t as dangerous as C2 Caedmon since she is slower, do less damage and can’t heal. She also don’t block the heal over turn. C Sabina who is super cleric can counter both Ferant and C2 Li Xiu :slightly_smiling_face:.

Also C2 Li Xiu flank actually don’t go well with Ferant tank on defense since Ferant make enemy struggle to charge their skill. When enemy isn’t fully charged, C2 Li Xiu silence do nothing.

4 Likes

O - 18-2 (5-0, 5-0, 4-1, 4-1)
D - 4-0 (A,A,A)

Only one more loose today, but stupid one. I literally said to myself that this would be easy win, because of the tank and lost it lol.
Should’ve taken yellows on Rigard, I’d probably win. Stupid looses in tournaments like this are common for me unfortunately.

The def was CC Caedmon, CC Li Xiu, C Rigard, Junaid, CC Kelile. The tank was out of place, but rest of the def wasn’t easy. I just underestimated it and didn’t take yellows against Rigard tank what was probably my demise.

I can’t believe I lost against only Wilbur and only C Rigard tank defs I faced, but won against every Ferant, CC Kelile tanks. 5 Ferant tanks, 2 Mack tanks, 4 CC Kelile tanks and another dangerous tanks - 4 CC Li Xiu and 1 Ana-belle all won lol.

Maybe very tiny chance I can make it to top 100 if I go 5-0 tomorrow, but I kind of doubt it.

3 Likes

5 wins today to end at 22-3, though I thought I was out on the 2nd match against a double Gullinbursti team.

Played it safe with a double healer attack of c2Caedmon - cMelendor - Waddles - Ametrine - Ana-belle. Board was bad though, and both Gullins charged at least once, and each time one of my healers got killed from dispelling. Luckily, Waddles managed to hit the left one before he could charge and c2Caedmon blocked the other one.

The other matches were easier, with tiles of the colour I needed. Two times I faced an all Red defense, so tested out a new attack formation of Ametrine - Arges - Waddles - Brontes - Kitty. No one to cleanse Kelile’s burn, but Kitty’s boost regen helped a lot.

Defense won 9 in a row to end Day 4 at exactly 60% (33-22). Back down to B (36-26) currently, but good enough for a top 1% finish.

Good luck with your last attacks and with the loot tomorrow! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

O - 23-2 (5-0, 5-0, 4-1, 4-1, 5-0)
D - 4-0 (A,A,A,A)
On the leaderboard, currently still in top 50… Guess it might be another top 100 finish after 200th raid tournament.

I was ballsy today and didn’t play safest. Went 4-1 4 purples 1 green and it worked out lol.
3 healers too.
I used CB Rigard, CB Tibs, Ingolf, Ptolemy, CB Rigard every flag except this team

Yes, faced the same def. Took C Sabina over 1 CB Rigard.

2x CC Li Xiu tanks, 1 Mist, 1 C Boldtusk and 1 Cillian defs today weren’t too difficult except maybe the team Liam also faced, still that team was very passive outside of 2 Gullis. Should definitely played this one with 2x dispel. But like I said I was ballsy lol.

Edit : also forgot to mention that I went with purples today, because 4 defs had 2 yellow heroes in there, 1 even had 3.

4 Likes

Day 5

O : 5-0 (21-4)

Go with same tactic. The board is average by overall today.

The hardest attack today is against Ferant tank in 4th attack. It is the only Ferant tank that I face today. The board is average but the problem is the Waddle wing. He fire at my C Boldtusk who is fully charge and My C Boldtusk fire at my C Melendor who is also fully charge as well which make me unable to heal twice :joy:. Luckily, my heroes manage to survive and dodge slash and I manage to charge Lady Woolerton just in time. If I lose some heroes, I might lose that battle since the enemy team is strong :sweat_smile:.

Other attack aren’t strong defense and the board is average. Win without problem :slightly_smiling_face:.

D : 14-7

Get more win and up to A now. I think I end day 4 with A as well.

4 Likes

This tournament might finally be the one, where I finally end up at top 100, one of my long time in-game goals. Now at rank #27 with 20032 points :slight_smile:

For offense I pretty much used only 1 team through the tournament, 2cKelile, Ametrine, Arges, cGormek, Boldtusk (last 2 days I used cBoldtusk). 24-1 offense, was sad to lose the one, otherwise even top 10 could’ve been possible. Only got the tank down in that one. cGormek is simply amazing against those Ferants and other buffers, 50% chance for each red tile to dispell, and same goes for his special too. Also kills those druid minions and saw a few Anastasias and Mielikki’s too.

Defense held A for the whole tournament (now at 68,7%), don’t even know how many times I’ve been attacked, shows only the last 30, oldest 3 being from 2 days ago. D-team: 2cKelile, cSabina, Ferant, 2cCaedmon, Cillian

5 Likes

Final Results:
O: 20-5
D: 3-8 (E/D/E/E/E)
I had no idea how to defend so I set up a team like this:
IMG_20230325_073802
As you can see, the experiment failed :rofl:
But the funniest thing is something else…
I took part in the tournament for the first time on my wife’s account. She only has 16 maxed (no blue) 4* heroes. And I managed to score 23-2!!!
RNG just don’t like me… :confused:
Good loot everyone!

4 Likes

Yay, rank 29 is the final score with a total points of 20932 :slight_smile: reward not too bad either, 1x eht, 1x ett, 50 blems, 3x 3* aether, 1x 4* aether. Looking at the top 10, if only had I taken 3, or maybe even 2 more heroes out from that only loss, it would’ve been enough for top 10 :confused: because #10 has 21155 points.

4 Likes