⚔ [19 June 2022] - 165th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Fire/ Red

Offense is going well, but can tell that’s the same for lots of players. 5-0, only 11 points below nr1, but only top5:

Defense is too easy: 0-3.

7 Likes

I am on 3205 pts (5-0 today) and I am top 10%
I guess defenses are going to be a big part in this.

So far mine is 2-0 on defense, I hope it can hold another couple of days for an A grade

6 Likes

I had an undefeated start since long ago. My offense team was Sergei - Azmia - Anhotep - C Rigard - Treevil and I was able to sweep in the first day. I’ve got some luck because the board wasn’t awful

The most difficult was against a Franz tank after he shots but thankfully Rigard and Azmia charged soon and I was able to survive

Defense wasn’t tested yet. Let’s see what tomorrow brings

4 Likes

I learned that lesson last go around. I think his attack is too weak and can be easily countered. I’m not sure I just remember I was unimpressed with the outcome

3 Likes

Defense is at 4-8 for now. At least, it isn’t E :joy:

Yeah, me too :joy:

Yeah, he seem to be as bad as C Melendor for tank in no red buff booster :joy:

2 Likes

Day 2
Offense: 5-0

Overall
Offense: 10-0
Defense: 2-0

Not attacked yet but defence was 2-0 for day 1

4 Likes

Last time I used cMelendor…

2 Likes

Me too. He give me between D and E grade :joy:

However, SG hear me and give me new good 4* green tank :smiley:

But also a bit too much :joy:

3 Likes

Day 2

O 4-1 (9-1)

Go with same tactic. The board is average by overall today.

Lose against this team in 4th attack

The board is very bad but in different way. It is somewhat full of red but it give me 9 green tile, 9 purple tile and 9 blue tile which all me healer need 10 tile :frowning_face:. And when I get yellow tile and about to kill Franz (about 100 hp left), the board is full of red and enemy Rigard heal him back. Plus all 3 enemy sniper target my Rigard :frowning_face:. Moreover, when my Rigard die, the board give my purple again :frowning_face:. I have only C Kiril left. Luckily, big cascade kill Franz and give me 5 yellow tile under enemy Rigard. So, I kill 2 before other 2 enemy sniper kill my C Kiril :joy:

In fact, it is because of my fault too. I forget to bring C Caedmon to counter Franz. If I do, I think I will win. I will use him next time :slightly_smiling_face:.

D : 7-11

Almost reach C grade now :slightly_smiling_face:

i think Buddy tank is a bit better than C Melendor tank :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

my defense this tourney is so bad… 0-6 for a straight E… I’m just laughing at myself now :rofl:

3 Likes

In bloody battles - excellent, but in buff boosters… I’m not sure :confused:

2 Likes

What your defense looks like?

Surprisingly faced no Green tanks today. Not to say they were easy defenses since most had all LB +20 heroes with high level troops. First up was a Sonya flanked cBoril. Was a bit more conservative and went 3-1-1 with Anton - Brynhild - Caedmon - Anastasia - Ametrine. cBoril fired but Ametrine dispelled the riposte on Sonya and was able to get a ghosting lane for my Greens. Took a while, but managed to wait out the remaining riposte.

Next 3 matches were against Yellow tanks D’Andre, cWu Kong, and Griffin. The Purple team of Anton - cTiburtus - cRigard - Sergei - Ametrine got the call. Not much to say other than there were enough tiles for the Purples to win easily, though I perhaps should put emblems back on cTibs since he’s a bit weak at +0.

Last up was a cBoril tank flanked by cRigard and Wu Kong, though the main danger is the Franz in the left wing. Used the same team from the first match. Not many Green tiles, but had enough Yellow and Purple ones that Anastasia could lay down multiple minions before the opposing Franz fired. By that time, the opponent only had Sonya left in the other wing so his damage boost wasn’t deadly.

Defense has not been attacked much, but 2-1 for an A is good for me :smiley:

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 1-0 (A) 2644 900 3544
2 9-1 2-1 (A) 6883 6883

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

To be fair, I did not think very hard about it :joy:

Also I don’t particularly care that it’s doing so badly, I just thought it was funny how bad it was doing

3 Likes

Day 2
O: 5-0 (9-1)
D: 1-2 (2-3) B/C

1st fight

IMG_20220621_120701

The board was very bad, but this defense was worse :slight_smile:
I survived bad bricks and I won.

2nd fight

IMG_20220621_120814
IMG_20220621_120734

I was affraid of this battle, but yellow trio (Mist, Guardian Jackal, Griffin) did a good job :ok_hand:

3rd fight

IMG_20220621_120814

Kalo was very good in Rush, but now we have BB and he is not a good idea. I had the impression of fighting with double Boril. Easy win.

4th fight

IMG_20220621_120848

Franz is really hard to kill, but fast cCaedmon disarms him too easily. Additionally Cyprian isn’t good flank for him.

5th fight

IMG_20220621_120919

Very good team with a bad tank. He is like Kashhrek, but in “weak” colour. He helped me a lot :slight_smile:

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

I unintentionally did a good thing with my defense: put two Raven heroes together. I have Wren in the left wing, and LB Franz as tank. So far, my defense is at an A for the second day (currently 4:1). Maybe I should sleepily throw together my defense more often. I was worried Franz might be too slow, but with no weak color, I imagine he’s tough to take out before firing once. And if his ailment is uncleansible, that’s pretty harsh in a buff booster.

4 Likes

Day 1 - O: 5-0, D: 0-0
Day 2 - O: 10-0, D: 0-0 still (ugh)

Been a while since this happened that my defense gets attacked 0 times. Currently I would be 8 points away from top 100 even if my defense was A, so not angry yet :smiley: well atleast C is better than D or E, but I like to know how well/badly it performs. My go to teams have been cRigard-Ametrine-Sergei-Anton-cMelendor. Super fast team and even with only 6 (dark) tiles I usually get the tank out with Ametrine’s 1st charge + edd from Sergei. If there’s no hurry then I let Ametrine charge some more. But Sergei I use everytime when his 1s charge is ready, those tiles also do some good damage when edd is applied. It’s nice that Sergei also does some damage sometimes! I’ve also liked Anton very much, his 1st charge hits quite often and he can resurrect too, there was 1 battle where I needed that (had to use it 3 times before he resurrected 1 of the 2 fallen heroes). But it was just an passive team with bunch of overhealers, so I had plenty of time to do that.

5 Likes

Her mana regen buff also give +20%Atk in buff boosters which tie with her minion and undispellable. At least, she is better than C Melendor and Buddy :smile:

2 Likes

Well, mine is at 0-6 as well… Kinda makes sense, as offense in buff-booster is the most favourable (most options to recover from a bad start).

Offense went well, even with bad boards, managed to scrape together enough tiles to snatch a win every time. 10-0. Still only top 5. Had thought Marcel would do just a bit better…

5 Likes

Thanks, I feel a bit less bad now :wink: I agree though, on offense I tend to do best in buff booster compared to the other formats!

2 Likes