All Elements
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [28 Mar, 2021] - 101st Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, All Elements

Defense team of the top 10 finishers last time: (Thx @Randy for collecting it)

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

3 Likes

So many teams that are healer heavy, I don’t get it?

When I first started out or even in the first year, those type of teams were a problem to beat.

Now they are just annoying and make the match last longer than necessary.

Healers don’t do a lot of damage in general. I take snipers, 2 healers wait until everyone is charged and then take out healers one by one.

I think 1 in 25 games do I lose to a healer heavy team and that takes bad boards.

Anyone else feel the same or is this really a good strategy?

2 Likes

I think it’s because at 4 star level a lot of healers also give buffs.

My initial plan is this

I may do some moving of emblems to max out Boril beforehand and I’m considering going Wu or Griffin instead of Gullipiggy.

1 Like

Trying with this

Does this team look solid? I can throw some emblems on ferant if so. Not sure about rigard in the left wing but just using him as an attack buffer. Thanks.

Dang… Thought it was a no red tourney. I put Ferant on the back burner because of that. Looks like I misread it. Oh well, at least I got Wilbur.

I will try ailment style defense this time. Hope that I use correct costume version after do ninja tower stages :sweat_smile:

I prefer when a colour is restricted, makes for less options and more strategic thinking.
3 options:

Yurple

Just finished eigelborch, so go for circus bonus. I have enough emblems to get eig to +18

Rainbow; but only rigard gives buffs.

I think I will go with my slayers - if I’m not wrong, their stacks should count as buffs, right? Hopefully, Brynhild could give them some time to reach their full potential. :slight_smile:

The other option would be a Kiril tank, like this:

The second brings in 2 potential buffers, Marcel and D’Andre. What do you think it’s better? :thinking:

2 Likes

With buff booster even healers can dish out a lot of damage due to autoattacks, it’s not strange to see them hitting attackers for 600+ damage.

2 Likes

Thinking of going with this. Considering swapping Aodhan and Mist to maximize the mana from Brynhild for the Slayers. Just don’t know if that opens up to too much blue.

1 Like

Going with this…

5 Likes

I just rush level Cillian to 4/70 so I change my defense to this. Let see how well he work :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Is it overkill to have Li Xiu and Ferant on the same defense?

I think no in buff booster but may be in rush attack.

2 Likes

A nice 5 and 0 day to start a rainy Monday.

Same team used each time. Sapphire LB +19, Boldtusk LB but levels not finished +19, Jott+20, Mist+19, CKiril LB+20.

Hardest kill so far was a Costume Melendor tank with CLiXiu flank. Lost Mist against that one, but no other heroes killed in the fights.

Good luck folks

9 Likes

Day 1

O : 5-0

Go with C Melendor - C/CB Caedmon - Mist - C/CBRigard or C/CB Sabina - Proteus. They board is average today. Face many buffer/healer team. One bad board in 2nd attack against this team

The board is full of red and blue. Enemy Grimm and Gormek kill my C Melendor and Orla and Chao kill my Proteus. It take long time and have to be very careful to win 3 vs 4. Luckily, I have trained that in the Ninja Tower :rofl:. I have to say if it is Cillian not Orla. I will lose. Orla is underwhelming. She is slow and do small damage. She might be ok on attack as finisher but not good for defense.

D : 4-2

Look like C Kiril + C Tiburtus + Cillian work pretty well even C Tiburtus and Cillian don’t have limit break.

4 Likes

Once again it looks that 4* buff booster tourneys are among the easiest for the offence. 5-0 despite few fairly bad boards. But at the same time, it’s not easy to set a winning defence as well, 1-1 so far but it can go anywhere from here. Slayers were solid in offence, let’s see them in defence. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Also started with 5 wins. Faced 4 Blue tanks which I expect should be the most common this week since the Blue Mirage quest has run twice so most players will have multiple limit broken heroes in that color.

Attacked with a 3-1-1 fast Green stack. Brynhild is a must in this format and she’s joined by Caedmon and Peters. Mist and her buff blocking skill is also crucial. The last spot was shared by either cSabina to dispel / block, or Kiril to reverse the attack down and def down of Skittleskull and cTiburtus.

Defense hasn’t been tested yet so not sure how effective Ferant will be

Good luck all

5 Likes

Well, you use some of the heros I will definitely take with me against him: Mist, c.Sabina… Add Ametrine and/or Sonya because she’s of the right element and there you go. :tipping_hand_man:t2:

P.S. What a man has to do to destroy the competition. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl:

1 Like