Why aren't more people on the forum? (Poll)

That’s probably the funniest hidden post I’ve read. You have no life and I can prove it by repeating the same action :joy:

6 Likes

You have inadvertently illustrated other reasons people don’t use the forum -

*having to wade through irrelevant posts (the OP is asking why more people aren’t on the forum, just in case you missed it).

*unhelpful and negative comments that add absolutely nothing, zip, nada to the discussion. :confounded:

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: I would never do that!

1 Like

I came to this forum after playing the game for a few months. Originally I came to lurk and read up on tactics and such. Then I created an account to whine about my bad luck. Made me feel better to learn that I wasn’t alone. And found out there are some cool people here. They’re even willing to put up with me sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Stick’em with the pointy end! :wink:

9 Likes

As explained in the training manual.

1 Like

I usually just lurk on forums. Did that for the first few months here. But then I was having so much fun reading through the Count to 15 thread that I wanted to join in on the fun, so here I am. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Players dont post when they feel there not being listened too. People get tired of talking about same stuff over and over. Like another posted previously here, I too just come now to lurk for posts with players who have same gripes as me. There are a bunch of good suggestions and posts, but never any acknowledgement. All the important general postings are from moderators starting posts of new heros and things happening through beta. Like few others I’ve talked to, there no point in even clicking a link on the new hotm discussion because, well, majority never get them. New players get answers in game from experienced players.

1 Like

Sadly that is the case for most games. The people who actually work on the game aren’t associated with the forum. They can read it, of course, but only certain people have the power to implement in-game changes, I’m guessing most of the people who do the coding and such are just doing what their bosses tell them, and their bosses are probably making decisions based on what they believe will be the most profitable, not what will please the majority of free and low spending players. We can sit here and try to convince them that implementing X, Y and Z might encourage more people to spend more money, but they’re probably not going to change a thing as long as the cash keeps flowing in. That’s just the nature of business (don’t fix it until it’s broken, etc.).

I still like posting here though, to vent, gripe, discuss things, learn tips and tricks, share knowledge and experiences and pains with other players, or just to joke around when I have time to kill. As much as I :heart: my alliance, we’re not really very active socially vis a vis alliance chat. Very well coordinated in wars, zero drama, nearly 100% participation on most titans, but sometimes it’s nice to have a social outlet too, so the forum has come to serve that purpose for me. And the upside is, if I end up in a drama type situation here, I don’t have to leave my alliance over it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Exactly. In fact in going post in IDEAs just get it out of my system… lol

2 Likes

Started playing the game in May 2018 but didn’t join the forum until this year in April. Been aware of the forum the whole time, learned a lot from some of the player guides in the beginning. I was lurking and still am most of the time when looking for answers to some things… I enjoy some of the community content too very much.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

IKR? Wise beyond your years, Ian!

Unfortunately, he KEEPS resurrecting. Srsly. Over and over and over and over. I’m all, “STAY DEAD!” But who listens to me?

I beat the Level 10 boss, whatshername, by throwing enough harpoons, axes, et al. at her and she had the good grace to stay dead. Frustrating that a lesser boss seems to be unbeatable.

If anyone knows the mojo for this, LMK!

Yes… You seem to be everywhere on this here forum :thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

If this were true, there would be 75% fewer postings :joy:

5 Likes

For simple questions you have alliance chat and various discord/line groups.
And there is hardly anything needing “hard” discussion.

Moreover, you can still read without registering.

That’s it. Hardly any reason to register.

Probably because it’s a mobile app game, traditionally considered casual. Something you open when you’re sitting in the waiting room getting your oil changed or a doctor’s visit. Unless you’re completely invested with time and money, I don’t think many are going to take the time to seek an outside community forum or other 3rd party websites.

Additionally, I see a lot of new and learning players use Reddit. Maybe they’re both here too, but most posts are learning posts or bragging about things only new players would be excited about. So I’m curious why this forum isn’t enough? Is there elitism I’m missing, perhaps the layout of the forum isn’t welcoming enough? Dunno…

Reddit users have friend groups. Since its multi topic, they can converse several games. Even any platform games. It’s like the multiverse. Any forum can be added if not disapproved by the mods. Good place for info…

Yeah, and thank Jeebus for this! It is the big reason why I eventually chose to leave lurker status and become a participant. It’s also why I keep coming back.

3 Likes

I was just thinking the exact same thing :rofl: .

Most rant/complaint posts are because people feel they’re not being listened to.

2 Likes

Like x3000 :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like