Who gets the tonics? Staintongue, Green Knight or Archie

Hello my fellow gamers! Curious to get your thoughts re: Staintongue v. Green Knight v. Archie. I have enough tonics to fully ascend one of them now and already have a strong set of :green_square: heroes fully leveled (see below). I have the emblems & aethers to take one all the way up.

Since I’ve switched to C2P and burning through the tokens & mats I accumulated when I was P2P, I am trying to be more strategic with my ascensions. I’ve done a lot of reading on all 3 but never compared with each other. Who do you think will continue to be relevant as the meta evolves? Who are you having more fun using?

Thank you for your insights & happy gaming.

My leveled heroes:

Fully Leveled to 4.85 & 20 emblems
  • Hammertusk
  • El Naddaha
  • Arco
  • Liu Bei
  • Mother North
Leveled to 4.80 (not LB or emblemed yet)
  • Kai
  • Winifred
  • Guan Yu
  • Quenell
  • Congalach
  • Toxicandra
  • Hatter
  • Heimdall costume

Who gets the tonics?

• Staintongue
  • Green Knight
  • Archie

0 voters

The one that is least likely to get nerfed out of the three. Problem is, they could all get nerfed now.

2 Likes

I came here just to say the same thing! :rofl:

At this point holding the tonics sounds best. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Fair points & I understand the uproar with today’s “balance” announcement. Some of my most used heroes are going to get the hammer. I hate it but I’ll try to adjust.

None of the 3 I am asking about here are currently on the v58 beta list for a nerf. Staintongue is potentially getting a minor buff to the poison damage.

• Archie
    • Stats increased
      • Attack: 848 → 875
      • Defense: 805 → 832
      • Health: 1417 → 1474
  • Green Knight
    • Stats increased
      • Attack: 867 → 889
      • Defense: 801 → 824
      • Health: 1371 → 1444
  • Staintongue
    • Stats increased
      • Attack: 850 → 898
      • Defense: 797 → 844
      • Health: 1400 → 1540
    • Poison damage increased: 342 → 363 damage over 3 turns

Would love feedback on those who are using them… what they like & don’t like… whether they are fun to use… which would you level if you got to do it again… etc.

Well, I do not have any of these … I had to go search who the heck Staintongue even was.

Reading the card stats, two are AoE and one is Hit 3, with fairly comparable damage. For me it would come down to secondary effects. Green Knight really only helps himself there with the self-revive, plus he seems to me more of a defence hero. Between Archie and Staintongue I would think Staintongue has the better secondary support. It also depends on who else you have but I can see a lot of fun in dropping the opponent’s accuracy. There, my $0.02 :laughing:

And IMHO none of these would be worthy of a nerf.

2 Likes

With that in mind, I’d probably agree and choose staintongue. Archie is awesome, but miss counts for tiles and specials.

2 Likes

Green Knight, and ascend on your own risk. :rofl:

4 Likes

Every hero seems to be “ascend at your own risk” at this point.

5 Likes

Staintongue is one of my best hero’s. I will keep him on my team forever. Green knight is fun but ST is so much better.

3 Likes