WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

“First off, Please let go of my horns. They’re very sensitive.” Malicna said. Hu Tao quickly wiped his hands. “Now, about that recipe…”

Little did everyone know, a small organism hops up on a shelf. And makes an evil laugh. “At long last, the secret formula is mine. I have the recipe. And now I, Sheldon J. Plankton…” Before Plankton could say anymore, Hawkmoon picked up the recipe. "Ehat are you doing? She asked. “Stealing the Krabby Patty Secret formula of course.” “You know this is a smoothie recipe right?” Plankton was shocked and didn’t know what to say. “Also, go back to your show.” Hawkmoon flicked Plankton across time and space.

“Anyways, gotta get this to Hu Tao.” Hawkmoon said and walked towards everyone. “Uhh, what’s going on here?” Hawkmoon asked.

4 Likes

@TGW burst in. “Hawkmoon!” and swept her off her feet.

TGW and Hawkmoon rode off into the sunset…

… but Hawkmoon had dropped the recipe.

And Hu Tao pounced on it!

“Aha! ha! ha! hahahaha!” Hu Tao began laughing like a maniac.

Then he read the recipe, and…

3 Likes

“Sea salt, barnacle shavings, chum …” Hu Tao frowned.

“That sounds awful!” gasped Proteus.

“Sea pickles, sea tomatoes …” @nevarmaor stopped reading.

“Sesame seed bun, lightly toasted …” @sleepyhead muttered. “For a smoothie?”

“Fresh kelp?” @sft1965 asked. “Proteus won’t complain.”

“Where are my fruits?!” wailed Hu Tao.

“Check him.” @Photon tossed Plankton back into the scene. “He has a blender in his pocket and something else.”

3 Likes

Hu Tao quickly searched his pockets. “My blender!” He reached for his rocket launcher …

“Now hold on just a minute there.” interjected Plankton. “You have me mistaken for another small plankton … Karen, KAREN! Oh, where is that woman!”

Meanwhile, @nevarmaor noticed the two arches on the top of the recipe sheet. “You know, I think this may be the recipe for that long-rumoured veggie burger – the Big Vac.”

3 Likes

“Where is your manager?!” screeched a middle-aged woman. “I demand better service!”

Everyone sighed. “Not THOSE kinds of Karens!” Hu Tao aimed his rocket launcher at The Karen, who shrieked and ran away. “I will leave a zero-star review!”

Proteus peeked at the recipe. “Oh dear… the first ingredient…” He shot a look at Plankton.

“What? What?” Both Plankton and Hu Tao leaned forward eagerly.

Proteus began trembling.

“Oh, I’ll read it!” Malicna shoved Proteus away. “First ingredient: a bucket of Plankton!”

Everyone turned to look at Plankton, who became pale as a ghost.

3 Likes

“Stop right there Hu Tao” shouts (@)sft1965.

“a rocket launcher won’t leave enough of poor Plankton left to do anything useful!! We could just pop him into the blender and that way no one will get upset like they did about that Ninja Tower incident?”

(@)JonahTheBard pipes up. “How about sustainable harvesting of plankton from whales?”

“Excellent idea.” says Malicna; “I read a book where some poor person got sicked up by a whale after three days.”

Hu Tao looks a little dubious but Malicna exclaims “the book is a well known best seller, I swear.”

Hu Tao swoons, “She really does like books!!? (if only the panda eye makeup fashion of 20 years ago was still a thing…)”

3 Likes

“Hold this!” Hu Tao shoved the rocket launcher at @sft1965, who nearly toppled over.

“This is a heavy motherfu–” @sft1965 froze when frying pans mysteriously appeared.

“Gimme, gimme …” Hu Tao plucked his blender from Proteus.

Then he dropped Plankton in.

“Slow down panda bear!” Plankton waved frantically, balancing on a blender blade.

But Hu Tao was in a zone. Carefully he drizzled Greek yogurt in.

“Too sour!” gasped Plankton.

Hu Tao heard nothing. But he poured Grade A maple syrup next.

“Too sweet!” Plankton fell off the blade. It was getting slippery.

“Incoming!” @nevarmaor grinned.

Hu Tao dropped a whole banana in. Peel and all.

“Watch it!” Plankton snarled. “Cut your fruit!”

“How about some mango?” @sleepyhead offered.

“Don’t you drop a tree in here!” Plankton raised a tiny fist.

“This is not what I meant by sustainable harvesting …” @JonahTheBard muttered.

“Are you making a Big Vac?” Malicna squinted at the recipe.

Hu Tao reached for the next item.

“Dude.” @Photon raised an eyebrow. “That will not fit in the blender.”

3 Likes

It was one off those horrible new aethers! A Yellow one!

3 Likes

“Where did you get that giant yellow ball Hu Tao?” asks (@)sft1965

“I only have two small blue balls” he continues.

Sonya comes forward and says “I can make use of them…”

Natalya appears, slaps Blondie and screeches. “get off of him you harlot, I’m equipped to deal with this. You aren’t even dressed for the occasion. Armour, seriously?”

Toxicandra turns visibly green

(@) Photon gives her a curious look.

(@) sft1965 looks visibly uncomfortable. “what exactly is going on? I was just talking to Malicna (library girl)”

Sonya gives him a slap, “you moron, I’m yours…”

1 Like

“Yes, I know!” @sft1965 rubbed his cheek. “You’re my avatar and everything. Why did you slap me? That hurt?!”

“This is very out-of-character for Sonya,” @akionna mused. “Not for Natalya or Toxicandra though.”

“Hey!” Natalya said.

Toxicandra, being the card-carrying villain that she is, just smiled.

“That’s because it’s not the real Sonya!” Everyone turned left to see… The Real Sonya! She was brushing dirt off her, like she had been in a struggle. Ropes were still hanging from her wrists. And she was looking quite angry!

“Then who is this?” @sft1965 recoiled from Fake Sonya.

Fake Sonya smiled evilly. “I am really…”

2 Likes

A golden shimmering appeared around Fake Sonya. It grew and grew until it was three times its original size, then it flew out in all directions and turned the entire assembly yellow.

“Salmon Loki” screamed a suddenly-appeared fish where Fake Sonya used to be. She lashed out and everyone was struck by her whipcord tail.

“Hey, that tickled!” exclaimed Hu Tao, looking around in wonder at all the grouped heroes now the same colour as him.

3 Likes

Sleepyhead immediately dove for cover. “Salmon Loki only damages Yellows!”

Salmon Loki began cackling.

“I’ll save us!” Dapper Noble Rigard announced. He began to cast his special, but then Salmon Loki slapped him in the face with her tail!

Dapper Rigard was knocked out!

“I told you!” Sleepyhead screeched. “Oh, I hope that didn’t leave a mark,” he sighed, thinking of how handsome Rigard was.

Salmon Loki began flopping around. “Who’s next?!”

3 Likes

Hi Tao frowned into his blender, concentrating hard. It was missing something. He did not see poor Plankton was swimming in circles. He did, however, hear someone screeching, “Who’s next?!”

He looked up, mesmerized by the glittery, floppy specimen. Well, why not? He wasn’t afraid of experimenting with new flavors.

He plucked the annoying creature from the floor, dropping it into the blender.

“You’re next …” murmured Hu Tao, slamming the lid.

“It’s like a clown car in here!” sputtered Plankton. “Fish belly stinks!”

“What kind of smoothie is that?” @sft1965 asked.

“You drinking it?” @nevarmaor sniffed cautiously.

“It might be good.” @sleepyhead shrugged. “Let’s not judge.”

Sonya took off the mangled rope, staring at the blender. “What happens if I push this button?”

3 Likes

“Hmm”, muttered @sft1965. “What’s purple and green and goes round and round?”

Sonya looked up excitedly. “What, what? Tell meeeeeee!”

As she flung her arms around emphatically her fingers brushed the button.

“That!” said @akionna, pointing at the newly-swirling contents of the blender.

Sonya looked inside. “No fair! How come they get to have the Trabant ride and not me?”

“Oh no!” @nevarmaor dived behind a nearby fallen log. “I remember what happened last time. It’s The Sandlot all over again! Squints! Squints! Stop Squints!”

“It’s a sad thing when someone finally cracks.” @sleepyhead shook his head forlornly.

Meanwhile, Sonya was wriggling her way in …

3 Likes

… beside @sft1965 !

“It will be fun to spin around together!” she giggled.

@sft1965 was torn. On one hand, he liked Sonya. But on the other hand, he didn’t want to be spinning around with Plankton and Salmon Loki!

“Don’t do it!” @nevarmaor shrieked. “You don’t know what will happen?”

“Well, what? Just tell us already!” Toxicandra snapped.

@nevarmaor shuddered…

3 Likes

“Well the story goes something like this” says @nevarmaor. “Squints tried hard to blend in with his friends. It wasn’t as successful as he would have liked. Blending in is great if you want to be a smoothie but otherwise not so much…”

@akionna gives @nevarmaor a sideways look with a degree of doubt while she surveys the whole sorry scene… “Uh Sonya, your armour. Will it blend?”

@sft1965 continues. “Just look at it? Poor Salmon Loki is part way to being fish sticks and poor Plankton looks like he’s gone three rounds with a whale.”

@sleepyhead chimes in, “but I like seafood, it could be delicious?”

“It’s turned a horrible green, mixing that giant yellow Aether with a purple fish was not inspired…” @sft1965 shakes his head. “I’m starting to have doubts about that Malicna girl, I’m beginning to think she just made up that recipe. I’m not touching it. Sorry Sonya.”

Toxicandra stamps her foot and shrieks in no particular direction. “Where are you @Photon ? If I find you in the forest with that common Rare Druid of yours, Belith there will be hell to pay… I don’t want hear that ‘cleansing’ excuse, the last time you used that one she was not even wearing her costume!!!. Get here now and make @nevarmaor make sense or I’ll give you a status ailment you won’t soon forget and I’ll only cleanse it in my own sweet time.”

3 Likes

“I’m here!” cried @Photon

Everyone turned to see Photon …

“Why are you tied up?” Proteus scratched his fin.

“Did you shave your legs?” Toxicandra screeched.

“Are you Yellow? Then I can damage you!” smirked Salmon Loki. Then Salmon Loki fired his special at Photon!

3 Likes

But, it had no effect. “I’m no yellow hero.” Photon said. “And, I got caught up in things.”

“Tell me you were not with Belith.” Toxicandra said.

“Nope, but I have made some new friends. Roc, how about cutting these ropes?” Photon said to the Sand Eagle. Roc cut the ropes off.

“So, you got Roc?” @sleepyhead asked. “Not just that.” Photon answered. Then, 2 more heroes appeared behind him.

“Yunan’s costume and Rana’s costume?!” @akionna said, shocked. “Yep. And one more.”
a woman stepped from behind Photon.

“Devana?” @nevarmaor said.

“Photon, how much money do you have?” @sft1965 asked.

“Enough.” Photon answered.

4 Likes

Suddenly, a bunch of hoodlums ran at Photon!

“Ahoy, we got us a whale here!” yelled Cabin Boy Peters.

“Give us your money,” Fletcher waved a knife at Photon.

“Hand over your gold, or else!” Scarlett threatened.

“Or we’ll cut you up,” glowered Carver.

3 Likes

“No need to be rude!” chuckled @Photon. Then he emptied his pockets quite easily.

Everyone stared at the massive pile of gold and gems in silence. Was he sharing?

“Help yourself.” @Photon grinned and stepped back.

Then it was total chaos, as heroes and forum members shoved each other–

“Ow, you poked my eye!” growled @nevarmaor.

“You chipped my tooth!” gasped @sleepyhead.

@sft1965 nudged Hu Tao. “Is this for real?”

Proteus pointed to Toxicandra in dismay. “Why is she smiling?”

3 Likes