WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

It’s a grey and rainy day, and I’m suffering from acute Man Flu :face_with_thermometer: so I need a diversion

There are lots of cracking tales in the Library, but maybe we can write one together?

Rules

1. Write a line that follows on from the post before yours
  2. Make sure it’s E&P based
  3. Keep it clean!

I’m tagging some friends from the counting game to help start

@snafu_piter @GenieDee @Saphirra @littleKAF @Mothra @kwong79 @yelnats_24 @HarryDeB

12 Likes

Are you sitting comfortably, then I’ll begin…

One day, Brienne was walking through the great forest of Rathwood, humming an ancient druidic tune, when suddenly…

2 Likes

…from behind a small tree an enigmatic character appeared, clutching a small wooden box.

3 Likes

My daughter, my little Sif!" - cried the long beard man with the small box in his hand - "Did you see her dancing with the leaves, among the tall long loved trees?"

"Mein Vater, mein vater, ich seh’ es genau:
Es scheinen die alten Weiden so grau. –"

-Translation: “My father, my father, I see it clearly: There shimmer the old willows so grey.”

the reference for anyone who cares; 6th verse of the poem. (listen to this for dramatic effect while reading through the poem)

2 Likes

Brienne looked at the old man, puzzled, "Melendor, my old tutor…I never knew you had a daughter! And why have you brought the accursed Box of Ashes?"

6 Likes

"Not daughter by blood, but daughter of my heart. What is that you say? Oh? I have the ashes in my hands? Hmm…" poof "There, safe again. "

3 Likes

"Don’t act like nothing happened Mel! Everyone knows that the box of ashes belongs to the dreaded gravemaker! Even the mighty Jean François tried but failed to wrest it from his undying grasp. How did you manage to take it?"

3 Likes

"Shhh!" The old wizard hushed her urgently…"do not speak his name so rashly, for you will summon the accursed barbarian-druid back to the forest!"

4 Likes

Meanwhile, Belith hides behind a large oak tree, softly weeping to herself. "Oh mentor, mentor, why have you not worn that costume and taught me the dark arts of defense manipulation, but given that clothes changing wizardry to that promiscuous Brienne?"

7 Likes

"I don’t care" Brienne shouted " If you took that from him you have put everyone in the forest in grave danger! We need to…". Brienne stopped. She could hear a faint yet distinctive giggle coming from behind the oak tree. was someone spying on them? "Who is there? Show yourself!"

Belith tried to muffle her giggles but she found the grave danger pun too delightful. Unable to control herself she burst in to a loud laugh. Her cover blown she had no choice but to gather herself and emerge from the shrubbery. "Grave danger…he he he… You always did know how to crack me up Bri…"

4 Likes

When suddenly, through the gloom of the Rathwood canopy came a russet-red glow and a stench of burning vegetation. Around the clearing a scream echoed…"Ashes to ashes!"

3 Likes

…“Bri - bri - Bribrienne!” Brienne shouts as she starts her costume transformation upon sensing the impending doom…

3 Likes

Crashing through the trees like a whirlwind, sounding like a mountain collapsing into the sea, came a beast as terrifying as it was huge. It stood 10 feet tall, and 40 feet wide. It’s claws were as long as a man, and sharper than swords.
It’s teeth were numerous, as were it’s spikes upon it’s back. On the beast, rode Gravemaker himself.

( @JonahTheBard, you can’t like yet, i was still editting!)

5 Likes

Upon seeing the beast approach with fury Melandor slammed his staff on the ground calling for his Typhoon Dragon to come swooping down on the beast which made Gravemaker miss his target as they hide behind the trees which made him call for his allié the Black Knight who was able to keep the enemies at bay while by preventing them to use any special skills whilst his m8 flew high into the sky through the massive trees to make another powerful crushing swoop,…

3 Likes

While all this was going on King Poseidon emerged from the seas to meet with Misandra about the fires that had become all too prevalent around the Lagoon…
“Good to see you Misandra,” he said. Unfortunately its on such terms, have you found out who has been burning the forest around the lagoon?

3 Likes

"I have not my King," states Misandra. “These are strange times indeed. Mayhap Wilbur might bring word upon his return from delivering fish to the village market, if he can make it pass the fires” utters Poseidon with a worried look upon his face. Abruptly a dark figure appears from the edge of the forest, clouded by a billow of smoke clasping a wooden box.

3 Likes

As the figure strode out of the dim forest into the light, he shook the soot from his silver hair and green tunic. “Awake from your midsummer’s dream, my old friend,” the elf-lord whispered as he opened the box and scattered the ashes upon the waters.

3 Likes

As the ashes hit the water, a great whirlpool formed. “What have you done?!” cries Poseidon as the mighty Kraken rises from the water!

4 Likes

It was then that Melendor made his true plans known as he recited, "While the fires burn from the Plains of Corellia to the Rockfall of Zalthu and the Kraken unleashed from the depths of Atlantis reeks havoc on the sea; then NONE SHALL PASS on to the halls of Valhalla.

6 Likes

Cookie Settings