WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

“Oh no” exclaims (@)sft1965

“I have been nerfed and you thought this was a good idea Hu Tao?”

“She could have shared her ninja skills to help me escape the attractive white jacket those enchanting blonde Eskimos gave me!”

Hu Tao responds. “I’d do it again in a few heartbeats”. “I am Epic, but get no love either; they could have made me average and I would be a weapon but now it is just smoothies, endless smoothies…”

Oh dear, mutters an embarrassed (@)sft1965. "I genuinely regret feeding away your doppelganger but in the absence of being able to seek advice, Global chat was all I had; you couldn’t whip me up a Bolivian tea smoothie could you??

But back to the story; blue balls are everywhere. Even some of the girls have them. “And that magic mirror is a malicious device designed to damage small egos” thinks (@) sft1965

4 Likes

“We’re doing commercial breaks now?” @sft1965 asked. “I just want my Bolivian tea smoothie.”

“I love my rocket launcher …” sniffed Hu Tao. “Remember when we shot down the ducks?”

“Or blew up the Goblin Balloon?” added Proteus.

“You decimated the Ninja Tower too,” sighed @nevarmaor. “Multiple times.”

“Isn’t it ironic that @akionna got in trouble with … the shortest post ever?@sleepyhead shook his head.

“Should we add more frying pans?” @Rook raised an eyebrow. “They do have moderator powers.”

“Will that appease @Dr-Zoidberg you think?” It was a new voice, someone familiar, someone beloved–

@JonahTheBard making a guest appearance!

3 Likes

And I am wasting one of the few posts allowed to me per day to respond (i’m only allowed on post every 45 minutes) to say that you are totally welcome here. We have no such thing as gate crashers and (@)rooks frying pans are usually the severest punishment. I’d like to think the tread is PG rated.

2 Likes

@Dr-Zoidberg 100% agree with what @sft1965 said (he can’t tag you at the moment) . Would love it if you stayed!

2 Likes

@JonahTheBard looked around in bewilderment.

“What happened to the story? Last I remember I was riding in on dragon wings to save the day. Does the day need saving yet again?”

He put fingers to mouth and blew out the loudest, most cacophonous whistle anyone had ever heard.

“Now that wasn’t particularly bardic” complained @sft1965, holding his hands over his poor bruised ears.

It did, however, knock @nevarmaor out of his catatonic state. He shook his head to clear it. “Paeons, where is my gilded carriage and crown?” he demanded. “Don’t keep your ruler waiting now. I have raids to win!”

3 Likes

@sft1965 looked at @JonahTheBard . “Did you maybe whistle the wrong thing?”

“Court Jester!” @nevarmaor waved an imperious hand at Proteus. “Entertain me!”

“But… but… I’m the court magician!” Proteus dabbed at his sweat with his hanky.

“You are what I say you are!” thundered @nevarmaor

Proteus began wringing his hanky.

“And you, Master of the Kitchens!” @nevarmaor gestured at Hu Tao. “I am hungry, make me a feast!”

“I like that title! Why couldn’t that have been my costume?” Hu Tao sighed.

“Careful, Costume Boldy won’t like you stealing his turf…” @Photon noted.

“Who is this costume Boldy and how dare he threaten my Master of the Kitchens?” @nevarmaor asked. “I will vanquish him!”

3 Likes

I’ll drop in soon, but I’ve had a long day

4 Likes

As costume Boldtusk came on the scene, @nevarmaor tried to vanquish him. “Take that you imposter!”

But @nevarmaor was unable to overcome the adept healer. Boldy’s healing powers were too strong.

This burst nevarmoar’s bubble and he began blubbering about his beautiful kingdom which had been so real to him.

As @amrath and @sleepyhead tried to console him a ruckus began over where @rook was snoozing. …

4 Likes

… because Isarnia and Poseidon and @CaptainjaKCsparrow were fighting!

“Who is this usurper, thinking himself to be the king!” Poseidon bellowed while pointing his trident at @nevarmaor .

“Oh, I thought you meant YOURSELF, you overgrown fish!” @CaptainjaKCsparrow was seething. He moved protectively in front of Isarnia, who sighed.

“Men… stop fighting over me!” Isarnia was furious.

@amrath , Sleepyhead, @akionna @sft1965 and @Photon looked at each other. “What is this?” @Photon began.

@amrath sighed. "From before your time, when we had adventures in Atlantis, and Isarnia and Poseidon were married, and @CaptainjaKCsparrow had a big thing for Isarnia…

Hu Tao took out his notes, and sifted slowly through them. “And in the end, we found a way for Isarnia and @CaptainjaKCsparrow to end up together, but that was erased…”

Proteus shuddered. “We’ve been rebooted several times, haven’t we?”

@Rook licked her paw. “And we will again, if we don’t resolve this mess!”

4 Likes

(@)sft1965 exclames (as usual). "

Even after the POV, ducks remain, get yours in a row. Even (@)rook frying pans cannot touch me"

Whack!! (@) sft1965 crumples a little bit. ‘below the belt is not very sporting he groans’

I’m seeking a solution: “Heimdall could use some minor mana (watching him stationary and holding his horn is disturbing most of the girls except Natalya. Toxicandra, you can help even after your hero card revision. (@)sft definitely needs some healing also.”

Everything is in disarray…

3 Likes

“We need a reset! Hu Tao, do your stuff!”

And Hu Tao took out his rocket launcher… and shot at the magical frying pans!

The world exploded…

and half a world away, Proteus and Hu Tao wake up on…

3 Likes

On a island resort. “Where are we?” Proteus asked. “Not sure. All I want is a smoothie.” Hu Tao said. “Have you ever tried not thinking of a smoothie?” Proteus asked. “Not sure.” “Can you at least try?” “Let’s see…uh.” Hu Tao looked up for like 3 seconds, then says. “Nah.”

4 Likes

Hu Tao, continues; “no actually. I made a discovery that smoothies are actually tastier than Bamboo and far superior to the seaweed you consume Proteus”. “(@) sft1965 and (@)Sleepy” love me more than you continues Proteus as a retort. “My special skill is superior in rare quests”. And then; “sorry Hu Tao, the devil made me say it, I know you are awesome, accept my apology? We are still BFF right?”

“I see a a bar, let’s just kick back, have a (non smoothie) drink and see what transpires?” says Proteus.

“Oh and avoid those two girls over there; Malicna and Yang Mei, they are nasty.”

3 Likes

Yang Mai smirked at Proteus and Hu Tao, her hand glowing.

Malicna pulled her spectacles up and squinted. She was feeling woozy from that big book of hers.

Proteus and Hu Tao backed away slowly.

At the bar, bartender Kiril came up. *Hic! What can I get you boys? You wanna have what I’m having? It’s…"

3 Likes

“… the most amazing smoothie ever!”

Hu Tao stared dubiously at Kiril. “Ever?” he retorted slowly. “Let me just whip this out!”

“No, no, really. Try this.” And Kiril shoved a giant stein overflowing with a suspiciously green foam into each of our heroes’ hands. “Down the – hic – hatch!”

“Umm, it’s not St. Patrick’s day, it it?” asked Proteus dubiously.

The wonderful peaty aroma of the foam was beginning to work into Hu Tao’s sensitive nose. “Who cares?” he remarked, and proceeded to slowly chug.

“Ok, what is in this, really?” asked Proteus of Kiril, eyeing the foam creeping down the side of his oversized stein.

“Hic – well, …”

And Kiril passed out.

2 Likes

“No! I have to know!” Hu Tao knelt beside Kiril and began slapping him.

“You might give him brain damage!” Proteus shoved Hu Tao aside.

“What’s going on here?!” Malicna and Yang Mai appeared.

Proteus began to stammer.

Hu Tao just stood up. “We need him awake NOW!”

3 Likes

Yang Mai flexed her fingers and smiled. “I got this!”

Then she punched Kiril THREE TIMES.

“You killed him!” gasped Proteus.

“That’s excessive!” Hu Tao frowned. “I got in trouble for my rocket launcher.”

“It’s @sleepyhead’s fault!” Yang Mai hollered. “He limit broke me, and I can’t stop punching!”

Malicna opened her book. “Let me look for a spell …”

@nevarmaor peeked over her shoulder. “What kind of book is that?”

“OMG!” @sft1965 backed away. “Those pictures, those words! The frying pans will be here soon!”

4 Likes

“Now I’m curious!” Sleepyhead peeked over Malicna’s other shoulder. “Oh, MY! I didn’t even know that was possible to do!”

“Yes,” Malicna grinned wickedly. “But if you do it to Kiril, he will definitely wake up!”

Sleepyhead paled. “No way! And why do I have to do it!”

Malicna pointed to a line in her book. “Needs to be done by a male below 35 years of age with brown or black hair…”

Hu Tao aimed his rocket launcher at Sleepyhead. “I need that smoothie recipe!”

Proteus began wringing his handkerchief. “No! No! Don’t shoot Sleepyhead!”

4 Likes

(@)sft screams; “NO!!!”. “(@) sleepy is off limits Hu Tao. He is one of the good guys, he actively promotes your fishman! brothers. The rocket launcher was just a minor indiscretion. No actual heroes were hurt.”

The Ninjas lead by Yang Mai, ninja’d their way to the basement, those courageous Scandinavian Ninjas! Give me 5 limit broken Aiffes (and poor Dank Derrick!) and we will destroy them.

But I have to tell you that I think Malicna may have a thing for Pandas with book smarts…

3 Likes

Malicna sidled up to Hu Tao. “My, you are so dangerous and passionate with that rocket launcher of yours!”

Hu Tao rudely shoved her aside. “Don’t obstruct me! I want that recipe!” He pointed the rocket launcher at Sleepyhead again. Sleepyhead shrieked and dove behind Proteus. Proteus took one look at Hu Tao and dove behind Sleepyhead.

Everyone else just shook their heads.

Malicna, trying to gain Hu Tao’s attention, blurted out - “I know another way to get that recipe!”

Hu Tao dropped his launcher and seized Malicna by her horns. “Tell me!”

4 Likes