War defense debate, please weigh in!

Hi all,

So, someone on my alliance told me to switch my costumed Melendor and Rigard for uncostumed on defense. I’m usually pretty good at figuring stuff out, but I must admit I can’t see why and so far I haven’t gotten an answer. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Heal over time is not as effective on defense. It can be dispelled by Sonya, et al. Could be completely fine, but it’s risky.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I get it… I’m so used to thinking offensively!!!

1 Like

Getting the all-at-once heal of the uncostumed version can be the difference between your heroes firing or getting picked off while waiting for the heal-over-time to happen.

1 Like

Good point to be sure… Once again I’m so used to just raiding and challenges where I love the costumed versions…

1 Like

You could also do an experiment! Run them costumed one war, uncostumed the next. I believe our next two wars will be field aid so it would be a perfect time to try that out. Trying new things, even if they fail spectacularly, makes the game more fun for me.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more :slight_smile: I’m thinking I probably should have kept track of how my war defense actually works…

1 Like

My Malosi wanna say that you should keep your customes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What is your defence team?

They are both better with costumes but two healers who both heal over time might not be very efficient together.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! It’s:

Melendor, Wilbur, Thorne, Rigard, Joon

That team is too defensive, imo - the only damage dealers are Thorne and Joon.

Also, if Wilbur fires (and adds +63% defence buff) and in the next turn costumed Melendor fires, he will overwrite Wilbur’s buff with the +46% defence buff. Therefore, it is not a good idea to have them on the same team.

If I were you, I’d replace Melendor with another hero and use costumed Rigard as the team’s healer.

2 Likes

Sometimes I run two healers, but my usual choices are Boldtusk and c.Melendor (still without maxed c.Rigard, but soon he will join, got him in June).
Boldtusk gives instant heal, but relatively small, and attack boost, while Melendor costume provides defence buff and HoT.
This combo proved to be quite resilient, especially with later flags.

1 Like

Excellent feedback, thank you so much! :slight_smile: