Uraeus – 5* Holy/ Yellow - Feburary 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

You mean, he lost 1 minion and the healed 4 times came up?

Yeap… I think it’s a bug. He’s healing as per normal, it’s just that he heals 4 times

Can Uraeus be used against Elizabeth to beat her fiends?

Since the appearance of Elizabeth (probably the next red Telluria) I am trying to find ways to defend my team!

Uraeus with his special “All enemies who own a Minion or a Fiend” will receive 237 sand damage"
will be useful or not against Elizabeth?

Uraeus will treat spiders as a minion.
Elizabeth casts spiders on enemies.

So he doesn’t work against Elizabeth,
But… With her

Thx!
…but you crushed my hopes!
Lol!

Been slow leveling Uraeus and he is already on the third tier of ascension. He will be part of my second monoyellow sniper team for wars with 2nd Gazelle+7, Poseidon+7, costumed Joon and Woolerton+18. My first monoyellow AOE team for wars are composed of 1st Gazelle+7, Drake+19, Onatel+20, Rana+20 and Gullinbursti+19.

But on regular raids, I currently use one of my Gazelles, Rana, Drake, Onatel and Woolerton. Most Freya/Bera tanks die with only 3 to 4 tiles, depending on the tank’s talent path and supporting troop.

My problem is, once I maxed Uraeus, whom I can fully emblem (I need that 20th node for him to fire in 9 tiles by supporting him with a level 11 mana troop) as I have 1036 sorcerer emblems in my inventory (my sorcerer Mitsuko is at +20 and I don’t plan stripping her talents) plus those with my Skittle+19 with MCB (around 435 emblems after resetting the bog witch, totalling to 1471 sorcerer emblems and can easily reach 1500 emblems just with a simple alkashard transmutation if those emblems are available), who should Uraeus replace in that monoyellow raiding team: Rana (all swords path), Onatel (all swords path) or Drake? I was inclined to remove Rana since their sand DoT will overwrite each other.

And I just got earlier Sir Roostley after my 4th EHT pull, employing strict Censure method of getting 2 consecutive 2* mana troops using only no more than 2 gray tokens. The chicken has the same mana speed with Uraeus but I have too few emblems for the rooster. Will ascend this yellow Springvale hero soon as I still have 25 darts in my inventory. Uraeus will be my 8th maxed holy legendary while Roostley will be the 9th. I still have a dozen EHTs but stopped summoning after getting the chicken and the HOTM on 2 separate summoning occasions this day using Censure. Hope next month to catch both Killhare and Jack O’Hare (the only two I am missing in Springvale as I already got my Lepus in 2019), and maybe a 2nd Woolerton and the April HOTM using only EHTs.

I don’t put buffs on a Gazelle team.
Such as Eye of the Prophet
Wish I had Woolerton to remove the negative. So yeah… I personally would replace Onatel
And if the enemy lacks summons, which Dark doesn’t seem to do these days…

You can always put her back

I know. But Gazelle’s dance of spirit doubling the attack stats of allies and halving incoming damage is worth more than Drake’s +5% att and def Element Link, more than Onatel’s HoT Element Link. Onatel’s mana steal is applied to target and nearby. The 4 allies are immune to status effects and ailments. Rana does not have buffs. But Uraeus Element Link is not negated by the Spirit Link as it only summons minions to holy allies and not considered as a buff. He will serve well in my monoyellow teams due to the rampant spread of purple S3 heroes serving as tanks.

I got Uraeus on the last day of February and I’m a very slow leveler so only maxed him this week haha. Been testing him out a bit (I def need to level my troops more he would be way better with level 23 mana troops). Also been testing him with my favorite goat Boi and although as suspected they don’t usually charge at the same time so ends up being one or the other missing out on getting the cool part of their special to play out but when they do charge together the synergy is pretty good!

Here’s a friendly raid showing them off. Although Tell resists minion removal from Goat, she can’t resist sand damage from Uraeus. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Superb, thank you. I’m sure some would scorn to wait for the minions to pop but it is an effective strategy (with the ninja ready to clear up if anything goes pear-shaped). Interesting use of the two healers as well, something I probably wouldn’t have thought of.

I’m in such a dilemma - all set to ascend Goat boi but Malicna is on the start line… will he manage at 3.70… I’m thinking maxing him is the sensible option. He’s been waiting long enough. I’m just musing though, it’s not really a decision anyone can make for me, it’s about the feelz.

2 Likes

I really like him. Mine is stuck at 3/70 for lack of darts atm but I find him workable and solid already.

1 Like

Oh yes, Uraeus is already on his last ascension, no-one in the queue ahead of him. (Guardian Owl… a spare Bai Yeong… I don’t think so!) Anyone starts with the “all HOTM have been rubbish since…” business one need only point to Uraeus and go “hmm?”. It’s Grimble I’m not absolutely sure about, and that’s mainly because I’m itching to get started on the mana boosting witch.

3 Likes

Here are malicna grimble and uraeus together. Malicna usually jas a bigger role to play but they all.complement each other very nicely.

My recommendation is grimble first he is awesome even though malicna is very good

I levelled him before Thor and have no regrets. Interesting to know how he works with Malicna. I have no Grimble but might level Malicna soon and see how it goes

1 Like

I was just wondering if I should level Thor or Uraeus. Thank you for iterating the decision I am leaning toward. :slightly_smiling_face:

no it does not, hits the minion first.

Weird ability to eat heroes that are in a GHOST mode :roll_eyes::thinking::poop:
He ate my Stonecleave with active Ghost mode! :face_with_monocle:

Stonecleave is vulnerable against any holy hero special attack even if he’s in ghost mode.

5 Likes

I’ve finally 6 darts. Is Uraeus still worthy of ascending ? My other holy heroes are shown.

Uraeus is still worthy of ascension in my opinion. But given the fact that you already have a sniper (Joon), I’d go with Inari, a better dodger than Hanitra

3 Likes