Tournament and 3 star full emblem – why are players using Emblems on 3*?

Going through my fights during this tournament, I noticed many players have teams of 3 stars with full emblems.
Any reason why the preferences for 3 star over 4 or 5 … I read many thread on 4 vs 5 but why 3*?

1 Like

They only probably emblemed them up for this tournament (the defense team).

2 Likes

Many of the players I’ve matched with who have heavily Emblemed 3* are relatively low level.

It’s very likely they used Emblems on 3* heroes because they lack maxed 4* heroes.

13 Likes

I’ve kept an eye on the leaderboard during the day and a lot of lvl50+ players have emblemed 3* as well, while having a 5* rainbow raid defense.

I guess they did it just for the tournaments, but in my opinion it’s not a smart call…

2 Likes

It’s their choice to play the game the way they want.

5 Likes

Of course! To each their own!

They might have some reset emblems as well to use after the tourney ends.

I have a pretty solid 4*/5* mixture as my main defense team, however since I’ve only been on this game F2P I don’t have very many 4/5*, therefore I suspect players like me leveled 3* with them tokens as well

We have a player in our alliance who has played the game the way it’s “meant” to be played (and what I suggest to new players): She leveled up her 3* heroes as they came, and by the time she had teams of 4* & 5*, she had six leveled teams for wars. She was the first to start giving emblems to 3* heroes, and she talked about how it really made them useful. It takes less emblems per (whatever they’re called) to endow a 3* than a 4* or 5*. I have given emblems to many of my 3* heroes now and my teams are stronger (live longer, do more damage). In rare level challenge events & 3* tournaments they make a significant difference.

11 Likes

For a long time I had only a few 4* star hero’s which I couldn’t ascend because a lack of compasses. To make my team a bit stronger I had to Emblem my 3*'s. I save the Emblems for the 4* but the other ones I grant to my 3* like Mnesseus the only priest i have anyway .

It may be, if you place top 1% every time. For the loot opportunities. Also, 3* require a lot less emblems than 4*.

1 Like

3* are a lot cheaper to spend emblems on. With the new raid tournaments, it doesn’t become a totally bad decision to add emblems on a 3* if it will give you better rewards in the end. It is a new way to further power up your heroes. Once the tournament loot is not reduced any further, those who finish at the top of these particular raid tournament limitations will have fully maxed heroes with fully maxed emblems.

1 Like

Gryphonkit ( so jealous of her Hisan especially against Boldtusk 4*+1 ) says it helps a LOT for Challenge event rare tier completion rewards. Use emblems to get emblems.

5 Likes

Gryphon love. :slight_smile: at any level emblems give the opportunity to further max out your preferred heroes. The question becomes, who is worthy?

This raid tournament is definitely a game changer. Lets hope it gets all the bugs out soon!

1 Like

Investments.

That’s not a popular choice (of course) so they hope to have the upper hand in rare capped events and repay the emblems used with good prices.

I personally prefer to use them on epics rather then rare, but i understand it is a gamble that may work.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be a good idea for me. In this tournament you have 25% chance for 30 emblems, 35% for 20 emblems and 40% for 10 of them. So there’s a good chance you’ll lose more emblems by resetting your 3* talents than you gain from tournament loot.
Unless you have a couple of reset token, which seem to be really rare.

1 Like

It’s only a temporary loot reduction, so it should go back to 50/100 emblems once the tourney issues are fixed.

1 Like

I’d appreciate different emblems for rares, epics and legendaries.

The drop rates should also be much higher. One max talented 5* in two years is ill.

1 Like

Like this???

1 Like

Yes and some with 18 19 nodes fill

Cookie Settings