Tournament and 3 star full emblem – why are players using Emblems on 3*?

This is the last guy I fought in the tourney. I won, but barely.

3 Likes

You must have had a hell of a luck board. I had similar battles and got smoked with bad boards.

2 Likes

Because I don’t have 4* and 5* heroes. Not everyone is lucky enough to have the luxury of doing pulls…

4 Likes

For the high level players doing it, I think it’s just their teams already do everything they need, so 3* emblems is an investment.

No. I suspect they will place the emblems then cash them in and move them to the next heroes for the next raid tourney

I tend to agree - I think they will not keep them on the 3* and move them.

I did it knowing the disadvantages well enough. Gunnar sat at 14 nodes in my defense team and it won B grade overall. And I’ll probably be keeping them on him since he’s one of the best 3 star tanks.

Really though, don’t do as I do. Do as I say: focus on 4 stars and 5 stars. I have fun playing with 3 stars in Events and now in Raid Tournaments, and that’s really all there is to it. Only emblem 3 stars… if that’s how you have fun playing. And also knowing that your progress will be slowed down.

EDIT:
it is worth noting that I’m only putting emblems on good 3 stars, like Balthazar, Bane, Namahage, Gato, Melia, Mnesseus, Gunnar… none of the :poop:ers like Oberon, Greymane or Dawa are getting any, imo that is a huge waste.

3 Likes

Depends on every player.

I am F2P and I consider myself not a high level player (level 31), I’m just finishing to max a 4* rainbow team, but I have quite a few 3* heroes fully leveled. So while I’m working on my 4* i give my 3* emblems. I have a few 3* maxed +10 and those guys let me finish on #122 position in the last tournament, which I consider a big success considering how many whales participated.

Maybe I could have just sit on all my emblems until my 4* heroes are maxed, but instead I’m investing on my 3* for cases like this one (raid tournament, events).

3 Likes

Yeah, what you say makes sense for f2p folks with primarily 3* rosters.

But If you take a quick look at the players with 15+ nodes on their heroes in the tourney, the majority have fully evolved 5* defence teams set. Often with several HotM or Seaonal heroes… meaning they’re not primarily 3* nor are they fully f2p

They will pay off in rare event tier, and in raid tournaments. The rewards for top 1% were quite good, and should be again, once they fix the bugs (seems to be fixed, or much better to me!).

I currently have 9 maxed 5* heroes. Not all of them are worthy of investing emblems (maybe 5). So I look at 4* that could use them, and then 3*.

I would assume the higher lvl (50+) players using them on 3* heroes are going to try for top spots in events, or they just got carried away with the tournament frenzy.

Remember, the rewards for top 1% are better than what you’ll see anywhere else so far. So… that is most likely the reason. Good chance at EHTs, 4* AMs. Can’t beat that :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

For me it’s simple. It takes months to get ascension materials for a L5. So while I’m waiting for Azlar, I emblemed up Namahage so I can win 3* challenges.

And I have 4 reset emblems so I’m not worried.

1 Like

I got my first hero maxed…it was Tyrum. I wanted to see what the talent grid looked like and how the emblems worked so I used some on him. I know emblems are not easy to really rack up so I don’t plan on using anymore on 3 star heroes, but I like him so much better with the emblems. I now have too many 4 and 5 star heroes now to spend them on 3*, once I get more higher level heroes maxed I’m gonna reset Tyrum and use them on one of the higher level heroes.

I want to do the tournaments so I think giving 3* emblems is a great idea, it’s just unfortunate that they don’t give them enough so it forces me to choose my higher heroes instead.

2 Likes

How do we get reset tokens? I only got one so far

Very rare.
I got 3 from my last 3 war chests.

1 Like

Lucky you!

20Characters

Had 5 so far and used 2.
Now I spend emblems more wisely due to all the lost iron and ham.

Initial node and maybe some more, but not extensive to one hero.

2 Likes

@DaveCozy In these past two rare tourneys, I have seen several Graymanes with a full grid. I know I am personally only taking Berden to node 15 because none of the other bonuses are worth it imo. Brienne is gonna go to full along with Belith.

As far as embleming 3 stars, I believe it is worth it in the long run because they can last you a very long time until you can get good 4 star and five star bench depth. It took me six months to get my four star bench to where it is now and I just got my first five star last week Friday. So I say if you want to emblem 3 stars, go for it!

Well i checked the top player in this tournament and … WOW …
I used some emblems on some good 3* bit just because i dont have any good 4/5* star heros wich worth spending thoose emblems