Time for a (Forum) Break -- Guvnor

Thanks! Nice to see you too.

I’m indeed not active in the game, I haven’t opened it since some time in March.

I haven’t been on the Forum since then either, but I saw Guv mention this thread in the Discord mod chat that I still keep an eye on, so I popped on.

22 Likes

@Guvnor Thx for your efforts so far on creating these topics for us

5 Likes

Thanks for all you’ve done, @Guvnor! The threads you and @zephyr1 started and maintained provided me with information and entertainment… Put down the load, enjoy the freedom and the free time!

8 Likes

I’m glad that you have recognized the things that can enhance life or take away from it @Guvnor.

You are one of the reasons I have been around so long. :pirate_flag:

You have been a good friend to me and to our alliance and your frequent visits have always bought pleasure to so many.

I could go on for a very long time but I just wanted you to know that you have meant a lot to me and my time on this forum and in this game.

You are a great soul and I wish you all the best, you certainly deserve it!

Yarr !!! Old Friend :pirate_flag:

14 Likes

Ah ■■■■ :confused: haha. Can’t say thanks enough for helping out the fourm and helping me in general giving advice etc…
I’ll have a chat with yah soon as maybe I can help with certain thangs on here.
Did see a few creations in the staff lounge so that’s cool :+1:
Keep it groot :heart::sunglasses::beer::hotdog:

14 Likes

Thank you @Guvnor for everything that you have done.
Wish you all the best. :sparkles: :+1:
Goodluck and enjoy with your times :muscle: :coffee:

11 Likes

Guv, please accept my deepest appreciation for everything you have done for this community. Wish you the very best!

7 Likes

Thank you for your continuous effort and patience @Guvnor ! You have made a lot for this forum and this community!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for everything you’ve done @Guvnor ! My alliance and I appreciate it greatly.

And I’m unsurprised by this, and wish you the best going forward.

As for beta-beat, I know @PlayForFun will do a great job, but I’m firmly convinced that SGG should be creating these threads themselves. And possibly the other event threads that you’ve done for even longer.

They won’t, sadly. The company is a case study in maximum profit with minimum effort. Which is sad, at least as a player.

15 Likes

Glad you are taking care of you!

Thank you for everything you have done :hugs:

8 Likes

Sad to hear @Guvnor. But I’m happy for you. Welcome back to life. Be careful! The new impressions could overwhelm you! Thanks for your work and the joy you have brought to the forum so far.

11 Likes

Thank you for everything @Guvnor you will be missed.

On another note… this should hopefully start some fires at SGG

6 Likes

From all of us in Misery Loves E&P, thank you for all your work @Guvnor

The forum will never be the same.

7 Likes

Thank you @Guvnor for all the time spent on contributing to the community in all the ways that you have done. I completely understand this decision, even though it makes me sad to hear it has come to this.
Fiery souls needs appreciation and the feeling of being heard. Without it, we burn out. I hope you will find something else to burn for :fire: Wherever you go, you will be an inspiration. :pray:

One of the bigger reasons why Empires and Puzzled captured its audience was the community. This forum. The ability to connect together and spare.

I will never quite understand, how SGG continues to ignore to how big a part the moderators have been playing, and how SGG can continue to be so out of touch with its player base.

Is it those that pay for pulls, just pay more, the more heroes gets released, and that´s all that SGG needs to keep the engine running?

No matter. Not wanting to turn this thread into that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Instead I shall just…

Thank you again :hugs:

17 Likes

@AncientPirate1 put it so well … I can’t improve on that.
Be at peace @Guvnor
Please pay The Pirate Horde another visit if and when you are ready.
Be well … be happy.

8 Likes

Sir,

You are awesome.

Your work is amazing.

Your burnout and frustration is completely understandable.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

May you find enjoyment and fulfillment in your endeavors, and may those that follow in your footsteps in search of the peak of Mount RNG always appreciate the time and effort your work has done to make the climb a little easier for them.

I know I will.

11 Likes

I’m sorry to see you go, @Guvnor… enjoy your newfound freedom.
You always speaked with the players in mind.

10 Likes

A wise and healthy decision Guvnor . You have given much to the forum and player base that will be greatly missed .
Comes time to, what is right for you not fighting a futile battle in the face of the games degredation.
Be safe, well and flee

• I wrote free, not flee. Perhaps it is a smart phone after all . :thinking: :laughing:
11 Likes

@Guvnor I am sorry to see you go, but I totally understand and share your concerns about the game. I have curtailed my spending already and will continue to do so. You recruited me into my first (and still only) alliance, We Are Groot. That is still the best thing that ever happened to me in this game. I enjoyed our chats, including me ribbing you for actually ascending Guardian Owl (pre-VF wars/tourneys). Turns out you were right, as usual. Thanks for all your help/advice. :sunglasses: :beers:

10 Likes

Thanks @Guvnor for everything you have provided to the game and forum. Just looking at all the threads and content you created here is exhausting!

Cheers and beers.

3 Likes